Why Pernix drugs do not sell

Discussion in 'Pernix' started by Pharma Industry Veteran, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. The reason sales are low has nothing to do with the sales force. Prices for Pernix products (aka "drugs" for you investors) is they are way to high priced for doctors to recommend as majority of health insurances do not cover the brands.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hence the prospect of a bigger pharma company acquiring Pernix and pricing they products appropriately should solve the sales problem

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish you were right but unfortunately company has been actively looking for a strategic partner since February to no luck. Hurdle is the tremendous amount of debt Pernix has with so little sales revenue and so little cash on hand. Makes more sense just to wait until company runs out of money and buy up the assets dirt cheap.

I understand investors want to gamble and hope for a home run that a buy out could bring. Unfortunately the company simply is not worth that much. It is worth what the stock is selling for based on the very dire financial situation the company is in - and getting worse as each day goes by.

Q2 sales will be much worse then the very poor Q1 sales that was reported. Most employees are have their resumes out on the street looking for their next professional career choice. Management is NOT reassuring anyone that everything is going to be okay and that a true action plan is in place to get the company back on its feet.

You investors need to stop being so emotional on this stock. VERY RISKY and not a wise investment. Again, hoping for a buyout that is not going to happen is not an investment strategy.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is just false. Q2 will be better than Q1 from a sales volume perspective. Gross to nets are hard to predict though bc of the aggressive rebating done to get better access. But I fully expect the sales to be higher in q2. High deductibles are gone, and PPD is working and gaining more traction.

And not everyone is putting out resumes. We all know what we have going for us and against us. Turnover happens at every company and yes there is pressure. There are plenty of reps here willing to step up to the plate.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like someone in management. THANK YOU for responding with your thoughts and making corrections to my above statement on sales revenue. What you said is VERY encouraging and also so glad to hear the good sales reps are being taken care of and part of the action plan to get Pernix back on its feet.

Sometimes a simple post like yours from mgmt. is all that is needed to help keep employees informed. One last question, is it an accurate statement to say that no buyout deal is on the table right now. I understand you cannot give details, a simple yes or no would help

thank you again and please feel free to correct any future misinformation that appears on this board. So glad mgmt. is indeed finally addressing our concerns on this board.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quote the Raven- nevermore

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm a rep, not mgmt. Just any rep that pays attention to data and the numbers that is communicated to us can see that things are progressing. So based on what I see, q2 will be better than q1, but by how much is not anything I can accurately guess on. When it comes to buyout stuff, none of us know anything, or at least I don't. I'm skeptical that any buyout will be achieved in the near future, or even within the next year. Just my opinion of the way things look in terms of being an attractive purchase/acquisition. There is a tall order in front of us before any offer would even be worthwhile. Are they looking for potential buyers, absolutely. I don't have names but everyone knows they are looking. I don't believe anything is on the table. But since I'm not in mgmt., I wouldn't really know if anything was in the works.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good feedback.