Why so many openings on SMA side

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Feb 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious how is morale? Are these positions worth leaving for? Recruiter called me from P1...Thanks for any insights.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Following, got the call too yesterday. I have a friend that works across the country. She doesn’t have the best things to say.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

im relocatable. How is the Ohio manager in comparison to NY? Or maybe they’re the same??

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a job that you will have to put in the work to achieve. It's not a cake walk and the cost of the drug is very expensive, but the reward when you get to hear of a patients life has been changed for the parents is priceless. Bonus potential is uncapped at 44k. You will be busy, but if you enjoy truly making a difference this job can change your perspective about why we do what we do.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

avoid that team, real shitshow

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you will busy? nonsense. Unless you have one of the 2 or 3 territories with multiple children's hospitals. Most territories are so small and reps spend day cold calling on primary care to see if they know of any patients that have SMA. The rep expansion was a huge mistake. VP just booted. Who knows whats next

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, I have multiple states and children's hospitals in my territory and I can assure you I have never stepped foot in a primary care office. Definitely not accurate from my perspective -can't speak for others.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone know why the VP was booted? Seemed like such a good person. Shame.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you consistently don’t deliver on goal heads roll and it begins at the top. Nice guys often finish last

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The top Spinraza rep made 80K in bonus in the launch year, which is by definition designed to be the most lucrative year of the lifecycle.

80K isn’t even close to being competitive to attract top talent.

I’m sure bonuses will be substantially less this year.

And 44K at plan is a joke for rare disease.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The goals are a joke. Impossible for most

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with you on bonus. My best friend works for rare disease company and target is 38k so guess once drug is launched target and the days of 6 figure bonus potential goes out the window. Although, his base is 170k which I guess makes up for the 150k average that rare disease typically starts at.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bonus of 38K? Is that per year?

Rare disease should pay 60K per year at plan, no less.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

High pressure, unrealistic expectations for true rare disease, inexperienced senior leaders, the good ones fell on the sword and were run out. Other than that it’s great.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another firing today. Pathetic company. Any of you morons who stay at Biogen are STUPID.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

letting go of people who keep people here......good people leaving on own accord for reasons like this you let go of a gem today Biogen........

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can someone explain why start forms are more important than vials?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There will be no explanation.
    The managers may silently object but in this culture of fear you must comply and produce start forms.
    Don’t ask Matt about this elephant in the living room, you will be blacklisted.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Matt who? Which group?