Why the deal is going to pass FTC.

Discussion in 'Talecris Biotherapeutics' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why wouldn't an organization like J & J or Abbott think of investing in a company like Talecris. I always thought it a better arrangement, especially with J & J and one Talecris board member's former affiliation.

Look, entry into this plasma business is too restrictive unless you have an established and stable foothold in the healthcare arena in the US and abroad and have at least some experience dealing with sophisticated high end drugs and their complex manufacturing components. It doesn't have to be another plasma processing entity !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting point.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't Pharma/Biotech companies want to enter into the plasma business? More book keeping/paperwork required, greater oversight by the FDA, increased potential liability, a shorter shelf life for the plasma and the end products, and lower margins than small molecules or bioengineered products, to name just a few reasons.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, but if they purchase a company already adept at manging these risks, I fail to see the logic in your response! Especially if sophisticated companies like CSL and Grifols view the opportunity differently. Your comments are mute.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His comments are "mute"? Please learn the difference between "mute" and "moot".

mute (myt)
    adj. mut·er, mut·est
    1. Refraining from producing speech or vocal sound.
    a. Often Offensive Unable to speak.
    b. Unable to vocalize, as certain animals.
    3. Expressed without speech; unspoken: a mute appeal.
    4. Law Refusing to plead when under arraignment.
    5. Linguistics
    a. Not pronounced; silent, as the e in the word house.
    b. Pronounced with a temporary stoppage of breath, as the sounds (p) and (b); plosive; stopped.
    n.
    1. Often Offensive One who is incapable of speech.
    2. Law A defendant who refuses to plead when under arraignment.
    3. Music Any of various devices used to muffle or soften the tone of an instrument.
    4. Linguistics
    a. A silent letter.
    b. A plosive; a stop.
    tr.v. mut·ed, mut·ing, mutes
    1. To soften or muffle the sound of.
    2. To soften the tone, color, shade, or hue of.

moot (mt)
    n.
    1. Law A hypothetical case argued by law students as an exercise.
    2. An ancient English meeting, especially a representative meeting of the freemen of a shire.
    tr.v. moot·ed, moot·ing, moots
    a. To bring up as a subject for discussion or debate.
    b. To discuss or debate. See Synonyms at broach1.
    2. Law To plead or argue (a case) in a moot court.
    adj.
    1. Subject to debate; arguable: a moot question.
    a. Law Without legal significance, through having been previously decided or settled.
    b. Of no practical importance; irrelevant.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you but your added comments remain mute!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cerberus apparently tried selling the company to J&J and some other big pharma companies, but none of them took the bait. It seems they are all scared by the industry because they know so little about it and it costs a lot of money to run.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's ok

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone notice lately all the deferral codes with grifols names loaded in DMS all of the sudden?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe this means we will be sold by the end of June after all. I just hope I still have a job. I know so many people who have been out of work for months now. It reminds me of the Jimmy Carter days and the "Misery Index" of the American people. Add the tornado damage in NC from last week and the costly clean up and rebuilding to the already stressed household budgets and uncertainty of our jobs, our government and our future, it's no wonder people are having a hard time coping. We need to get on our knees and pray that our elected officials and our corporate leadership will seek God's guidance as they make decisions that affect so many lives. Happy Easter :) !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think God cares whether or not we all have jobs. He might care about how poorly the income distribution is in America, but let's not get carried away here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What, no new posts since 4/25/11. You Bozo's must be tired of being full of yourselves. Thanks so much for the break.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It appears that the leadership stock options, etc have reached dry bed. These pathetic clowns have only their blood stained fortunes to carry them through the rest of their days. Grifols is chomping at the bit to rid Talecris of these bare ass monkey men and women. I'm sure they all think the three-headed mutt will call them back , but I'm told it ain't going to happen. They don't need jobs anyway, they need repentance.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Grifols were smart, they'd close the deal. Then....
    1. Consolidate TPR centers--many are dogs
    2. Reduce Clayton Staff by at least 30%--each job has 3 employees to do it
    3. Fire almost all VPs and Dirs out of Clayton and RTP--not one of them is worth it
    4. Shut down the New Frac Facility project--upgrade current facility--NFF is a waste of money
    5. Expand Melville Operations--lots of untapped potential

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only 30%. Look at our training department, Quality, Operations.They are totally ineffective. We could cut layers upon layers, try 90%.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Numbers 1-3 sound reasonable, but you are crazy about numbers 4-5. By the way, you are part of the unfortunate 30% in your scenario, so good luck to you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are all idiots.

The FTC has already decided the fate of Clayton, TPR, Melville, and RTP/RTL. And you're going to be surprised what Grifols has agreed to. The 5 scenarios mentioned are so off base I'm assuming they were submitted by an admin , or worse yet, a TBI finance mole.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's just say that the employee being Talecris' greatest asset is one of the biggest lies ever told. Hold on to your hats because Larry, John, John, Mary, etc will sell you down the river and never look back. They just want to get the deal done so they can cash in and out. You will be surprised at the "sell out" when it is announced.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the crucifixtion of Talecris and it's many employees, therein lies many Judas and each is a member of the leadership team.

None is more guilty than stern,hanson,gaither,abelson,pettaway,herdt,lynch,nogales, and perkins. rudy, menachilla,kuhn, and what's his name in it are marionettes having their strings pulled by puppet master stern. the little dude with the big ego is nothing more than a mini wheat in the kellogg's box of life.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soooo big shot, what do you know? You act like you are on the inside, but you just rambled off some great speculation and expect everyone to believe you. Poser.