Why you hate Testim, chumps.

Discussion in 'Solvay' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2004 at 9:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow.......pretty competitive thread..........filled with alot of nonsense.
    Typed 'Testim smell' into google and this thread is halfway down the page.

I'm switching to Androgel. I'm happy with Testim except for the smell. I like the smell.....most in my scent free office do not.

I'm hoping the gels are similar as far as effectiveness. I prolly won't let this board know cause everyone here is paranoid!....lol

ok all...back to your squabbling

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to go back to spelling,,,,prolly

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this thread is so over.... bet it will still be around even after the generic comes out. hear Perrigo is a veritable whiz kid at cream & gels formulations. with the FTC on the side of OBAMACARE I say this will fastrack and be on the streets in 6 months.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I rest my case re: this thread being nonsense

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't.........you just get use to it...on you......around you......bedding....clothing(even washed)...it is part of you...it's an entity in itself.......you're stuck with it....I suggest you drink the cool aid and say over and over in your mind "I love the smell, people love the smell...I am not stinky". Sooner or later you'll believe it

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just tried Testim today, one 50 mg tube. I put it on 15:30 and the smell gradually became worse. I used a plastic bag to apply it for several minutes but it was still sticky an hour or two after. It's 19:16 now and I think I'll go wash it off because this is too much. It's a strange glue like smell. It's hard to describe but I cannot take it.

I managed to get my T to 404 (range 400-1200, high LH) using tamoxifen 20 mg and arimidex 0.5 mg so I have to use something but I cannot stand this smell.

Do anyone know if it would be possible to apply 10 mg as a spot and cover it with a plastic bandair(occlusion)? Absorption will probably be unpredictable but I don't want to throw it out.

I have ordered some Tostran as backup, hopefully it won't smell as bad!

PS: Can't the Testim manufacturers remove that smelly chemical? Surely there must be other compounds that can do the same?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not ask the Dodge dealer how to fix his Chevy?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I found a solution, I applied it to my left foot *grin*. For some reason it takes care of 90% of the smell LOL. Perhaps the smell is produced by an enzymatic reaction in the skin, with some parts of the body having more of this enzyme than others? Takes care of the acne problem too. But at prices of these products, this shouldn't be necessary...

The manufacturers of testosterone products apparantly fail to understand:
    1. Chemistry (everyone can look up how to make a transdermal)
    2. The importance of smell when you have to wear a product 24/7

Most of the transdermal products in the BB industry have a pleasant odour(grape spirits for instance), I suppose the medicinal industry could learn from that.

I going to see if I can push my T around or above 800 ng/dl, otherwise I'll have to start playing with needles LOL

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why don't you just stick it up your ass, then no one will be able to tell if its your testosoterone or your breath

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you a nine year old using your dads computer?

Fuck off idiot I'm not talking to you

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe this thread is still alive. It's like watching a Mormon argue with a Jehovah's Witness. Let it go. Make your point to the docs, not here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes there is another product. Have you heard of ANDROGEL??? Good lord!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the Southern Baptists best

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merry Christmas!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why hate Testim?

Because the reps that sell Testim don't have to worry about losing their jobs!!

16. stinkypoo

stinkypoo Guest

^^ that post stinks as much as the Testim gel ^^

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny there was a guy in our office that everyone stayed away from because he smelled so bad. His boss would stop giving him new work because he kept going back to his office to ask questions. So in order to avoid the smell he just has to sit in his cube all day and stay out of his manager's office.

Then ironically my doctor prescribed me Testim instead of Androgel after staying in the high 200s for some time. I open that packet, I have a super-smeller, and boom. It's that smelly freak from the office! I thought maybe he just didn't put it on right or something. Tried it for a day and that smell was constantly with me and I couldn't stand it. It was still on my bed after 48 hours. You can't even wash the smell off with a wet cloth. You have to change clothes. Take a shower. And change clothes again. Why did I just have to pay $50 for a smelly medicine? Seriously, I'd rather die than live with the smell of Testim.

If you have an unusually talented sense of smell, stay away from Testim at all costs.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Testim does not come in a packet. Maybe your sense of smell is keek because you are a fucking r*****.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure all these patients getting on the Solvay Cafe Pharma board are legitimate. My question is if they hate Testim so much, why aren't they on the Auxilium board to complain?
    Nice try Solvay employees.

What really makes me laugh is how many resumes we're getting from all of you. I guess you all wish you were selling Testim.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You see, there's this thing called Google, and sometimes real people like to use it to search for information about the medicines they are on. If you were to use the Google you may be able to find a new antidepressant for yourself. Since no one on Testim actually enjoys being on it it only makes sense it only makes sense that actual patients would "Google" the class leading alternative. You flatter yourself by thinking we have nothing better to do than make up patient testimonials.