Will Avanir take financial risk of NSM

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Feb 28, 2020 at 2:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what happens is one person has flu-like symptoms at NSM??? Will Avanir pay for all of us to be quarantined while we wait for results? Pay for our testing? Basically our whole work-force could easily be incapacitated. It is not always about the ACTUAL risk, it is about the fallout of bureaucratic protocol and precautions. Is it even possible for over 500 ppl to come together from 100s of different airports, during high flu rates, and not one person gets sick? I am at a loss for why Avanir is not rescheduling, even if it's just for optics.
    This only makes me further question our leadership's judgment in a time we NEED to see them make measured, prudent, SMART DECISIONS. We are TRYING to trust you. But after getting GB's Elevate UP email, with absolutely no acknowledgment of Covid-19, I am at a loss. Another incident of gross neglect of the obvious. And I am one of those people who actually loves Avanir. I am loyal and have always looked practically at leadership's decisions. You're losing me- you are now losing loyal, dedicated employees-I can't find a way to justify this one. This is a "controllable". CONTROL IT!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could not agree more! Amazon and Google cancelled their national meetings to protect employees. We need to follow their lead.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut the fuck up and get your shit together for the NSM. Stop bitching because we aren’t canceling anything.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bottom line- agree. Reality- they clearly don’t care! Loyalty is a joke and of you don’t show, it’s a reason for them
    To get rid of you without severance. Sinking ship- unfortunately as, I too, love Avanir. GB=DB and he doesn’t care about anyone but himself. Please- look elsewhere and make your life easier! Writing on the wall about this meeting that could easily be canceled and is not.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, you sure is classy.
    My shit is always together, hence the entire purpose of the post. It was a plea begging our company to evaluate public relations strategy and optics in order to retain the last talent they have-many talented ppl that I care about. You... You can go; the post wasn’t for you. Maybe I should have written:
    Dear Non-assholes and leadership.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“IF” anyone in the meeting exhibits fly like symptoms there needs to be a plan in place to Quarantine everyone/anyone that may have come in contact with that person. This likely would be isolation is each persons hotel room for 1-2 weeks. Is there a plan in place? Has this been discussed and planned for? What about the people that simple CANNOT be away for extended period of time. If there has ever been a time where there is a plethora of information and time to plan it is now relating to this virus. Yet the ELT says the meeting must go forward. Asswipes.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could not agree more. As some of us are also parents... what happens if we are quarantined
    As a result of a meeting they MUST have? At a minimum don’t ignore the concerns of your employees. Address how they plan to keep
    Us healthy. How is the company guaranteeing our safety? Especially flying into Cali. Do I think we could die from this? Unlikely, but the hassle it would cause not only us but our families is just not worth it...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many other companies in the industry are changing training to virtual, giving reps the choice to go to their NSM. I agree, it isn’t about the risk to us, it’s about the risk of quarantine. For some of us, we have to move mountains in Order to leave our families for a even a week. Some of us have immunocompomised family members to come back to. AND what about our customers? We serve the most at-risk population.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you make too much sense. Too logical, much too accurate, and far too reasonable. And in fact absolutely correct. Those are not the necessary qualities needed to work here.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets name the pharma companies that are cancelling their NSM. 99% of them are still on so quit whining it’s not ebola No one knows who avanir is-no optics to worry about for us. Amazon has that problem not us. Shut the fuck up and do the job your paid to do

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Way to tell em’ tiger’!! The meeting must go on! The world needs 786 and the entire company from across the nation must come together to discuss its failure. Now is the time! It cannot be postponed.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The job I am paid to do is To deliver innovative CNS solutions (not infectious diseases) to improve the lives of patients and their care communities. ...and to alleviate the burdens of those affected. Any NSM has its place, but is truly only meant to serve the company, not our customers and absolutely not our patients. Staying in the field for a week while we wait for this outbreak to settle, IS WORKING. The only thing we're doing there that can't be done virtually is cocktail parties, team building, and award ceremonies where you will be awarded with Most Eloquent and best reader.

The optics mentioned were not external, dum dum, I was referring to internal optics during a mass exodus of employees. Literally we can't get simple tasks done bc there is no one to do them.

And most obviously, I congratulate you on your extremely lucky life. Clearly you are the 1% who has absolutely NO experience with:

-taking care of a family member with cancer and having to mitigate ANY exposure
    -having an autoimmune disease
    -wearing an n95 mask for any prolonged period of time-It SUCKS
    -being pregnant
    -ever having to be in isolation-it also SUCKS
    -having to find childcare as a single parent
    -watching someone die of a preventable disease

I'm not whining, fool, I'm merely suggesting we consider our population and current company atmosphere-The simple risk to benefit.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can’t agree more. Those drama queen morons are pathetic cowards!

How many people get killed by traffic-related accidents every year? Millions
    How many people get killed by the regular flu every year? 700,000 to million
    How many people have have been killed by the corona virus so far? 2-3000, pretty much all in China. Last time I checked, nsm is in LA.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well you certainly are a top quality LNAM. It is individuals like yourself that really set us apart from other companies....
    Single parent, Pregnant...lmao, with an auto immune disease. You sound like a complete wacko. See you in LA hunny, keep that mask on.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you cant find time to fit work into your busy life try working from home or starting your own business instead of complaining about a mandatory meeting that happens every single year for every single company in the industry, dum dum

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some funny shit right here. Let’s all look for the Pregnant, Single, AutoImmune, Masked, Long Term Care Rep. and give her a big kiss and hug for making it to her job. Maybe even give her a special participation award for showing up.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Spot on!! Whoever she is should have been laid off last year. Wimp.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

omg! idiots. she (or HE) IS talking about the mix of employees. Right now on staff, I know of 2 pregnant people, 2 people fighting cancer, and a ton of single parents. Enjoy your retention bonus. NOT

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard it is being postponed.