Will Covid 19 bankrupt Benco?

Discussion in 'Benco Dental' started by anonymous, Mar 18, 2020 at 4:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true. Schein had some firings on Friday. Give it time, Benco was just first but won’t be the last. Non compete? Where the f@@k are you going to go? If you’re so unhappy at Benco and can go wherever you’d like then why have you not done so already? You’ll be subpar elsewhere just like you are at Benco.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hey smart guy. Calculate their market cap for me. That’s right. They will be just fine. Both of them.
    Due to Schein’s size they might not have to lay anyone off. Patterson will drop due to their portfolio being dental and vet - no medical. However their stock price has been below $20 basically last 4 quarters.

Schein is in a position to take more market share from p and benco, due to layoffs. Expect to see them very aggressive in growth q42020.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Schein firings on Friday? Fake news.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, IT Team Guy. Prove it

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe the point of the numbers is just to show that all industries in dental are struggling and making cuts based off of the economy. Patterson is down more than 50%. It’s like the last 10 years of stock has just been wiped away from both Schein and Patterson.

6. Just because you don’t know about them doesn’t make it fake news. 99% of the information on here is fake news so I can see how you would come to that conclusion.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What region? How many? I reached out to a few friends at Schein and nobody has heard of anyone being let go.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I called around too, nothing happened. No layoffs. Nice try chuck old boy. Schein won’t be going down, they’re too big of a company and with the medical division creating covid tests, they’ll be able to sustain without doing layoffs like we did. So much for being one of the “big 3”. We are a little guy and our business model isn’t sustainable long term anymore without selling out or going public.

here’s the thing, I clearly don’t own the company so what chuck rick or larry decide to do is none of my business. Sell or not, lay off or not, it’s not my call. We are a number to them and we would be a number to another dental dealer. I realized that a while back and so I don’t depend or expect them to do the right thing by me or anyone else no matter how much I sell. They will always do what benefits them first and foremost and the sooner we all recognize that, the better off we will be. My resume always stays up to date and I no longer have foolish hopes and dreams of retiring with Benco as I once did. That ship has sailed. I hope all of us on furlough have a back up plan for our back up plan because I guarantee you not everyone is coming back when dentistry opens up again.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m a TR that was not furloughed and was kept on, but agree I with the second paragraph. It’s the Cohen’s business. They use us to make money and we use them to earn money. They’re no different from any other supply company. It blows my mind that most folks here look for this euphoric safe place. This. Is. A. Business.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can agree with that posting too, it’s not personal, it’s business. I will however say that Benco used to be a people first organization and it has seen a shift over the last 3 years or so. It is what it is, we aren’t about anything bigger as I was led to believe, we don’t care more than the other dealers and being family owned just means we will stay a small player. Schein and Patterson care just as much as we do about customers, we are kidding ourselves if we think they don’t. The next few months will be really telling about the future of Benco and dental. I try to remain optimistic as I sit home in quarantine with no paycheck to take care of my family but it’s hard to do. I don’t k ow how and when we will rebound and I don’t know if there will even be a place for me when this is over.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Migrate to Pharma or Medical Equipment, it is way better.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not counting on Benco to rebound. Maybe they will but most of us won’t be part of it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With Schein and Patterson still trucking along, we will be eliminated quickly. Medical is where it will be next or maybe if you can get on with a manufacturer when the dust settles but competition will be steep.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is keeping Patterson afloat? No medical, vet might be winding down. Schein yes, will be around and might actually absorb some players.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

earning reports. Their earning reports are going to come out and it will be a free fall. Schein, not so much. However every company that has had their business touched by this virus will feel it. Stock market is being propped up now by FED reserve (not sustainable), but soon as these companies come in with earnings..... recession is imminent.

hate on benco all you want, but they were first to make move for a reason. Everyone will have some adjustments, hopefully benco did enough to stay afloat during the upcoming storm.

I stand with benco because I stand with Rick. He does not get enough credit. Cleaning up after ones brothers mess his whole life would wear most men out, he still smiles.

onward!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Rick had the balls to tell Chuck to step to the side and go away. Benco would be in better shape. But he doesn’t or else it would of been done years ago.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've stepped up my anal game these last two weeks. I don't think we're cumming until the middle of May peeps.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The second wave is coming soon.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a time to stop gossip, negativity, and support humans/each other (though I question sometimes what the deal is with some of the vulgar comments- gotta be some serious insecurities going on- I actually feel sorry for some of you with such mean spirits)- everyone has a story, you can't control what you can't control... Why feed into your own fear, we're all moving through this together whether you like it or not. Stay strong, stay positive- those are the ones that are going to be there to help lift everyone up.