Will Eye Care even be here in a year?

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Dec 24, 2022 at 8:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Vuity shit the bed harder than a kid with the flu, both Lumigan and Alphagan lose their patents in the next year or two, there isn't anything to buy, and they certainly can't keep us in the field with just one product or even just glaucoma.

How long do we have until they just cut Eye Care?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drops will dissipate away.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is up with having our Eye Care meetings always over Valentine’s Day? Could you seriously pick a different week every damn year?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The sales team is nothing to management here. Don’t think for one minute they care about your happiness.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But a territory doubling their weekly numbers from 2 to 4 scripts it ranked better than one who’s doing 35 and moves to 40, right? Makes total damn sense y’all.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been here almost 3 years, never been happy-- lord of the salts take me away!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cringe. Please let this layoff put us all out of our misery!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. My team member is a snake in the grass!

Let me cry to management.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management IS the snake in the grass! Welcome to Allergan

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Allergan died May 2020. This is AbbVie. AbbVie does not care about eye care. Stay here and you are signing up to be the ugly step child.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very spot on. Why did we even have to change? We should have stayed solo Allergan Eye Care. It didn’t have to happen, did it? We lost all our control. We are part of Abbvie but don’t even have resources for running a single commercial. We had them for Restasis for over 10 years! I’ll take Monday and reflect on the fact that Abbvie doesn’t care and yes I’m just a damn number at this point.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It could never be Allergan Eye Care. This deal was about aesthetics and that's why there is a HUGE difference in the experience the aesthetics people are having with AbbVie vs the sorry lot that was integrated into the AbbVie machine. This is most apparent on the Irvine site where you literally have 2 classes of employees. And among the legacy Allergan employees, arguably Eye Care is doing the worst now that all the CNS Forest expertise was shown the door.

Now here's the fun part - the truly dirty secret. Consistent with the AbbVie message board and the spot on comments regarding the stupidity of AbbVie management, the neurotoxin was aligned to aesthetics from an R&D perspective. The problem is the aesthetics people are filler and implant experts eg device not drugs but they are posing as drug developers since they won the integration lottery and believe they earned their luck. Kind of like everyone at AbbVie thinks they are the best at whatever and do not recognize the luck of having a cash cow like Humira.

Last I checked drug development is complex and very different that a hyaluronic filler. Many of the eye care experts R&D, Commercial, etc were experts across Eye Care and Toxins. Many of the most experienced legacy Allergan people were moved to Eye Care and are actively being pushed out with their institutional knowledge of Eye Care and Toxins out the door. Bottomline, the investment AbbVie made in toxins will go down the toilet like much of their investment in the legacy AbbVie TAs. The oncology pipeline is a thing a beauty.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the yes are the window to the head, it's good we celebrate this

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Allergan was broke.

We are Abbvie for a reason.

goodbye specialty eye.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So a lay off is coming? Details please

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They weren’t hinting or knowing if a layoff, just saying goodbye to the king which was specialty eye care in general IMO

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is absurd. To have representatives speak out of turn is just infuriating. Specialty eye is not gone. Not by a long shot. If you don’t know what you are talking about don’t get on this forum spewing false info. In all my years I have never seen so many negative posts and comments. We have a bright future for those who get over this rough patch. Good day!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rough patches can be avoided... At least this one. However, when upper management is either too stubborn or stupid to take sound advice, rough patches are inevitable. Except a prolonged rough patch here.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello upper management with stock options and tenure and false hope. SMH. Carry a bag why don’t ya.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What you fail to understand is I did carry the bag. I did it well to get where I am so I understand what is going on in this business. Good day!