WILL OFFICES EVEN LET US BACK IN IN MID MAY?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Apr 8, 2020 at 5:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So we are due to go back Mid May. I think we all want to get back to work. But the question is ...wil offices let us back in mid May? I've heard many are doing telemedicine through May so not sure how we are going to get into so many of our customers.

I wonder in general if they will ever let us bring lunch in again? Many tell me no food through the summer.
    Thoughts from others? This could go on for several more months--possibly past July 4.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not going back in my state in May. Shutdown until June at the very earliest. Agreed that we don’t walk into a medical center/building until after the summer shutdown...if that still happens.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go and take a walk in a grocery store or a Walmart and Target. Observe people. Now ask yourself if we’re going in offices anytime soon.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My cousin is a med onc at a very large community practice in the southeast. She told me that the discussions going on are that access to offices will be extremely limited for many months following COVID-19 receding. She also commented that a number of pharma/biotech companies have begun offering meals with virtual in-office programs WITHOUT account rep presence (forms have to be completed by the practice of who ate and then submit to pharma company - sunshine act stuff). BUT, she said they are not hosting any of these virtual programs for the next few months.

All said and done, I don't think we will see doc office access return to some semblance of normal until the fall AT BEST. If I was in marketing, I would begin developing increased proficiency in virtual programming (just like telehealth will begin to replace a number of types of patient visits). And that means our current sales force size cannot sustain itself.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and one time at band camp

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My docs tell me they will allow access when the OP stops typing in all caps

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FINALLY, a voice of reason! Ive been looking at this site and that of my former company, and Im shocked at the silliness of what I read. Come on, people, think: if we do our jobs as we're supposed to, we go in and out of doctors offices several times a day, five days a week. Hulllo! Who the hell is gonna want to be seen by a dozen or so reps that each have gone into gawd knows HOW many other places loaded with people sick enough to warrant a face to face (rather than tele-health visit).

Think, people, think.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut the fuck up

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that seems reasonable

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut up. You look like an idiot cussing like that. Grow up.

No folks...no way are we going back in May. It's not until late Summer. Offices will not be letting reps back in after all of this for quite some time. Our role has changed for ever whichever role it is.

Amgen is cash rich...they have the money to pay us for awhile, but will they?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut the fuck up

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one is going into a major medical center/academic center until August at the earliest. Already receiving updates from the vendor credentialing companies that most of my major accounts will now require a negative Covid-19 test once normal operations commence. No language on how often/recent the test will need to be or what frequency you must get the test. It’s going to be a mess until this is all figured out...with even more hoops to jump through for us.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at Genentech. They realized that they didn’t need Reps and got rid off half of them. Amgen is about to realize that too. Good for them. All you do is go on this blog and whine like a bunch of babies anyway. In 10 years or so, there won’t be Reps. You’ll have to find real jobs. And you’ll have your own pathetic selves to thank for it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

shut the fuck up loser
    this is an anonymous board stupid rep
    so i look just fine

Forever is one word, like idiot.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genetech still has plenty of reps. So you are wrong there. They downsized when tecentriq failed in melanoma. Do your research before you spew your inaccurate opinions. So you think the move to eliminate reps in 10 years stems from whining on a blog? Yeah I’m sure many strategic and tactical moves are based on deep research on Cafe Pharma...do you even read your posts before you post them? You sound foolish and angry...not sure why, but nonetheless you are uniformed by facts. Sure anything is possible and personal promotion could look differently or be gone all together or it could be bigger than ever in 10 years. You don’t know. I don’t know. So speculating is pointless and clearly it is you just trying to be a mean agitator. Guess that gets you off for some reason. Regardless keep typing your nonsense and the smart people will keep calling you out.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Genentech employee here. The original poster is correct. They absolutely gutted our field sales teams. The cuts across all therapeutic teams are around 70%. That should give you an idea of what's coming so plan accordingly. This was also done before COVID19 so it could get even worse. The rep role is history and will never go back to the way it was.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard the same. This is going to be a huge mess even when we go back.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will not continue to pay everyone for long to sit home on cafepharma. Guarantee companies already looking at downsizing to save money and use COVID as excuse

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worked at DNA for 13 years...it was very bloated and was slow to downsize starting way back to Avastin BCA data, then again with Rituxan biosims. O’Day is making the right moves and shifting it to Atezo. Yes the old brands are getting gutted rightfully for sound business reasons...happens all the time. Plenty of reps on Atezo still and there will continue to be. They’re have been more biotech oncology build outs in the last 3-4 years which should tell you sales forces aren’t going anywhere anything soon.