WILL OFFICES EVEN LET US BACK IN IN MID MAY?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Apr 8, 2020 at 5:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are an idiot. There are NO masks to buy anywhere. Gloves are out too. What planet are you living on? We can't find any at any store!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell yes to all this. High five to this guy.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for you reply. Appreciate it. Let me answer your questions:

1. Flat tax? Which flat tax schema are you in favor of or did you just say 'flat tax' off of a soundbite? Are you in favor of a true flat, marginal flat, flat LD, HB Flat, capped, or negative flat tax? It would help me understand your statement better how fair share equals flat tax based on the different taxation methods? What I can say at a high level is that almost all flat tax schemas disproportionetly hurt lower income people while giving the wealthy more relief. It's why presidential candidates like Ben Carson typically will not get the party nomination as you will lose the middle class down vote.

2. Nor sure why I cannot "run over Amgen". It is a company. It is not a person. It does not have feelings. Sorry but I do not have a blind loyalty to a company just because they pay me. I do the work, they pay me for the work. That is where is begins and ends. I find it funny when people become "fans" of their company like it's their favorite college or pro sports team. This company has no loyalty to you and will lay you off the second they don't see a financial value in your role. Doesn't make it a bad place to work but it certainly does not deserve blind loyalty. Apparently you have not been here too long or during the multiple RIF's. Cali still holds the second spot on Fortune 500 companies behind NYC and is the largest economy in the country, so yeah it's still pretty great and Amgen moving a portion of their operations elsewhere does not change that. I have no problem with Amgen moving functions to Tampa. Don't care if they shutter the whole TO campus as it is the call of the BOD. I am not emotionally tied to it and it is their decision. What I will say is just because they think it is the right move doesn't make it the right move or a smart move. Again, you must not have been here all that long as we, like justvevery other company, have made big decision that were bad decisions and failures. If moving to Tampa increase shareholder value then by all means cue the moving trucks.

3. Fiscally liberal vs socially liberal...well difficult to unwind those two. Simple example of this is I'm OK paying higher taxes to help out poor or lazy or poor and lazy people. For me it's part of the social contract and being a good person. Doesn't mean people who disagree with that are bad people. It's just my example of how social/fiscal are often times intertwined. Help those who need it most even if they don't deserve it. During the Obama administration the bio/pharm sector did quite well. Actually record profits, units sold, and market capitalization values and the administration did not implement any price caps or legislation that overtly damaged the way we do business. Do some research.

4. The shelter in place is apolitical. It is based on science. You work at a science based company no? This is not and should not be politicized. Not sure why that is a point of contention for you. Also, I am not sure how out of work people in California will have the financial mobility to move to another state, but sure I'm guessing some will leave and at the same time more people will move here for new opportunities. Our population is not declining so I think we are good there. From a homeless perspective the most recent count was 150K homeless in CA as of Jan 2020. Let's double that for the sake of argument. 300K of 40M...doesn't take a math wiz to see that the homeless population in CA is less than one percent. Yes, it is awful if one person is homeless but stop believing in the misinformation that all of California looks like the slums Mumbai. It just isn't true. There are pockets and encampments for sure that are relatively contained to already bad areas of SF, LA and other major metros. Again not saying that is good but it's still less than 1% of our population-not sure that meets the definition of "abundance". I think we will be able to collect taxes just fine.

5. So your rationale is everyone who works in bio/pharm is, or should be a republican or conservative because all liberals hate all of those in the sector? I got news for you...there are far more liberals in biotech than you think...even at Amgen. Go to SSF/Bay Area(the birthplace of biotech, go to Cambridge and the Boston area and I assure the liberal politicians do not hate biotech and there are scores of liberals working there). Remember how we get our drugs? Guessing you have not spent much time with any of our scientists...I let you in on something...most are highly educated liberals. Furthermore there is a well known distinction between innovative startup biotechs and Big Pharma. Typically the wrath of liberals is directed at Big Pharma. Amgen straddles the line between them but lately say the last 10 years it is clearly leaning towards Big Pharma with BB's arrival. With all that being said being a liberal or a democrat does not mean you have to agree 100% on 100% of everything. Just like not all republicans/conservative support every thing Trump does or says. I am not a single issue voter and I hope you are not either. While I may agree with many things in the Democratic Party stands for I don't agree with everything all the time. For instance I am/was not a Bernie Democrat - far too left for me and clearly most Democrats hence why he did not get the nomination. Likewise I know plenty of Republicans who support gay marriage and are pro-choice. I know plenty of Republicans who are not Trump fans. That does not make one a hypocrite it makes one have a balanced, thoughtful view.

Thanks for your questions and the opportunity to answer them. I hope you are off to a great day.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you just state that market caps were higher during the Obama administration than now? Do Amgen.

Something tells me you're totally full of shit.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This guy is dumb. Trump was a Democrat most of his life. He's not even a far right conservative.

And also...how did Bob's arrival coincide with Amgen becoming "big pharma". That's an absurd and baseless claim. Because Bob is a better CEO than Kevin S? You clearly don't even like Amgen. You're the type of person just here to collect a paycheck. There's people who have been fired who would die for your spot. That's why people get pissed. Because you're an entitled liberal jackass taking up a spot you don't even really want. You don't belive in the company, you don't even think the ceo knows what he's doing. People like you are spineless

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I second everything in your reply. Well stated.

I am not the type that drinks the koolaid. I base my loyalty on experiences and logic. Amgen is VERY good to us right now. There are so many people in our industry that were laid off in the last 40 plus days.

I am so thankful to them for supporting us in the field.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you drunk, stupid or both? No one is collecting paychecks we are earning them. Believe me if we weren’t they’d cut us loose. If you really work here you know that about this place. When did I say I didn’t want to be here? When did I say I didn’t believe in Amgen? Reading comprehension not your thing? Does “believing” mean having to blindly agree and support everything the company does? That is the definition of spineless! Also Amgen is corporation not a religion that you have to have faith in. BB absolutely pushed us from a biotech to a Big Pharma if only from a cultural perspective, again apparently you were not here and definitely never spent time in house. Also never said he was a bad CEO, in fact I said if this move increases SHV I’m all in. What did I type that led you to believe I’m entitled? You are just making assumptions based on your own biases.

Lastly, what does it matter what Trump was in the past? He is the poster child for the right any way you look at it. I don’t see all if you so called hard right conservatives trying to get another GOP nominee for November.

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised that you did not debate any real points with facts...just name calling and assumptions. Wonder what playbook you lifted that from...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG this is so good! Love that you are hammering these dummies! Take it easy on them they’re pretty stupid. Remember they are basically caterers who regurgitate the messages we script for them and the objection handing we provide. They are so dumb it’s sad. Especially the southern ones. They’re a special kinda stupid.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Shelter in place is apolitical. It is based on science"

Not politicly motivated? I call BS and so does 17 other states that are reopening their economy. Enjoy your "shelter in place" state while my state is open for business. Don't come to us looking for a bailout when your state goes into bankruptcy.

"Based on science"??? Is it based on science to count people who died during C19 regardless if they had the virus?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What onc companies are not doing the same things we are doing? I love how we are so excited that the company is not being completely douchey and for the most part approaching this with a speck of humanity. Shouldn’t get excited about the company merely doing the right thing. The bar is so low here. Sad...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK genius what is the political motivation and pay off for a state to shelter in place unnecessarily, and hurt its economy purposely? Remember it wasn’t like it started in CA or America for that matter so help me understand the state’s gain politically or otherwise by wrecking the economy?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok Alex Jones...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a stereotype! Your credibility and IQ just dropped dramatically. What a douche bag!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m just glad you think liberal democrats are smart and powerful enough to pull of a global pandemic that originated in China for political gain!!!! So much so that we got the Dorito in Chief to buy into the scam even after he called it a hoax! We all must be wizards or something! Thanks for the respect!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Companies are laying off staff left and right and we have an idiot saying that Amgen is doing what is expected of them as a corporation! Be very happy they have yet to cut heads.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No I said the market caps during the Obama administration we at their highest points to that point in history. Meaning record highs to that point. Gosh can you not read? Not saying the Obama Administration did anything one way or the other. Isn’t that the republican platform? Free markets?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology reps...you are worthless. You think you are SO much better when in reality you are not a better rep.
    -hugs and kisses from an Enbrel rep that is keeping the lights on at Amgen.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well gosh, YOU SLAYED ME with your brilliant grammar in this thread. You are proving a point with your CNN talking points that you are a low information voter. How you can remain loyal to the WORST president in our lifetime is mind bending. You realize that BO was against all that we stand for at Amgen.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Name one oncology company with a mass layoff.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worst President is serving now. Anyone with common sense can see that. BO won the Nobel Peace Prize. You know, the award your dumbass president can’t spell correctly. Please, enlighten us, how was BO against all “we” stand for at Amgen?Who the F is “we” anyway? I’ll put my Amgen tenure against yours all day long.