Will they close the California Laser Factory or sell it off

Discussion in 'American Medical Systems' started by Anonymous, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the Nxthera steam vaporizing treatment for BPH supposedly being the next great thing for BPH it make me wonder how long they will either keep or keep open the laser manufacturing plant in California?

Spoke to some of the guys in California and there is no R&D being done on new laser products, only fiber improvements to try and eek some extra life out of the capital equipment, a lot of demoralized staff around there when I visited a couple of months ago, many looking for a way out. Sounds just like Minnetonka.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nxthera is sunk money. Blue light or shamwow light whatever the brand is going to be called. We are not selling any lasers so the likelihood that the factory stays open is nill. No one is excited about nxthera especially the docs. Its a flop waiting to happen. This is what you buy when your cheif surgical officer studies cancer and has never used your own products. Zero greenlights for Morton. Steam or laser? its all the same!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did we learn this past week and a half?
    1. We are in panic mode.
    2. Sales continue to be flat
    3. costs are creeping higher
    4. morale continues to be terrible

And we are supposed to act like everything is great? Halloween is near put on your costumes early and make believe everything is fine.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What laser factory? I thought we only sold fiber to the mobile service renters?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its essentially an empty building in San Jose. A few people screwing nuts and bolts onto consoles. Any boxes built go oversees. Can do this anywhere.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NxThera must be a great company to work for. I know the NC/SC rep and he never seems to work. Always out on the lake or sitting at home. Must be a cushy high salary position. Would love to be able to have 12 weeks of vacation with a 20 hour work week.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just imagine what the managers did! BTW Nextherra is a dog with fleas. Neotract is killing us.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You wouldn't fit the profile, NxThera doesn't hire pharma reps. You'd also have to travel, which would mean spending nights away from your mommy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You could have the same deal, if lucky enough to get hired.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know that rep too and actually he's a great dude. Works hard and plays hard. Nothing wrong with that. And I also know that he's not one to come on here and defend himself. So- I'm going to for him. Bottom line, whoever you are if you "know" him, then you'd know that he's a salt of the Earth guy who would do anything for his family and friends. He's a guy who customers love and is as talented a dude as I've met.

You sound like the kind of guy who peaked in high school and is bitter at the world because he's got a great job, a great family, a hot gal, and knows how to balance his work and personal obligations. Jealous much? Stop being a loser and coming on here talking shit. It's easy to be a keyboard warrior but I bet you'd piss your pants if you tried to say any of that to his face.

Yeah.....you "know" him. The best part of your Daddy's sperm ran down your mom's leg and ended up as a puddle on the backseat leather. You came from the leftover shit.....