Winning is at hand in Marlboro

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Dec 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I/we cannot wait to move to the Marlboro lab in the spring. It is a state of the art lab, and rest assured we will ramp up Quest's productivity with innovative things. We are rising, like the Phoenix. Quest rocks. I am told this lab has carpeted hallways and valet parking. I can hardly sleep at night. How is YOUR Quest?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right, a new building is going to change everything. Doubled up on the look aid

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you get a tingle in your leg! Ha ha, loser

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good example of why Quest is going down the drain.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are going to be a force to be reckoned with. We are going to Marlboro MASS to give this company a much needed shot in the arm. Loser? Don't think so. Just watch us...........

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Servicing what customers? You do realize no sales, no customers, no need for a lab.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you have been drinking at the Phoenix.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drinking at the Phoenix? Don't think so. We are going to come together in Marlboro and increase efficiencies. We will be centralized and ready to respond to all company needs. Think of Marlboro as Mission Control for the east coast. Horatio first conceptualized this mega lab and it is now coming to fruition. Spring 2014......get READY.....................and, as ever, GO QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly you have over dosed on the company kool aid

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what about the people in CT and MA that are losing their jobs because they are unable to re-locate or commute 1+ hours each way? Quest is slapping these people in the face.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't have much business sense. Quest gave notice a long time ago about this move. A one hour commute is not unheard of, and employees either bite the bullet and fill the tank or they do something else. Quest does not win by making convenient commute times a top priority. If you want to win, I suggest you fill up your tank and drive to Marlboro.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may want to learn how to spell the City's name properly, before you move there.

http://www.marlborough-ma.gov/gen/index

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know I'm probably feeding the troll, but business sense also involves the employer taking an active interest in its employees. A one-hour commute is not unheard of, but a good company would give its employees a cost of living increase if it expected them to spend 2 hours each day commuting to and from work.

It's Quest lack of concern for its employees that's driving them away, whether it's commute times (I worked with someone with a 45-60 minute commute 1-way) or pay or benefits. Having employees with experience, knowledge, and skills "do something else" is bad for the company and shows a lack of business sense on the part of the employer.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually it is spelled both ways. Marlborough or Marlboro. Ask anybody who lives there. Formally, its the former. Informally, (street signs, shops, mailing addresses, etc.), its the latter. You follow?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bull####. One of the dumbest ideas in business is that just because somebody has been warming a seat for 30 years, the company cannot do without them. TOTAL BULL####. I've seen young 20 somethings work circles around these "squatters", or at the very least MATCH them in output. Its a competitive market and your commute is NOT a big consideration for those who lead this company. There are many in this economy who would jump at the chance for a one hour commute.
    Now on the subject of feeding, you ought to feed your own mind a bit of common business sense instead of lamenting an increase in commuting time. The lab is moving. Go with it or go home.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me get this straight..... Quest wants me to spend double the amount of money to put gas in my tank, not to mention an extra hour of my time fighting traffic just to get to work and make the same pay I'm making now? Yeah, right. If Quest is half the company they are trying to make everyone believe they would step up to the plate and put their money where their mouth is. If they want to retain experienced, knowledgeable, dependable employees then they need to be prepared to compensate for it. Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for and if they don't realize this then you're going to see a bunch of Walmart-like employees staffing this new "Lab Of The Future"....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The upper management that call the shots realize that the transition from the CAM and WAL
    business units and their facilities, to the new state-of-the-art location, combined with the
    merging of multiple acquired businesses, will require a level of oversight and management
    above the capabilities of the current lab and admin staffs. Once Marlborough is operational,
    no one is safe from replacement.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are about right. Anybody can be replaced at any time. Especially in a lab, where a 20 something can quickly reach the "knowledge and ability" level of your standard, run of the mill lab squatter who has been warming a seat for decades. The comfy little commute is OVER. Fill up those tanks, set your GPS's to Marlboro, and get ready to WIN. And always remember, you can always be easily replaced no matter how warm your seat is.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not what the marketplace is saying, ARUP is kicking your ass in the Hospital reference lab arena. Too bad for you!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too bad for me? Don't think so. Just bought a condo in Marlboro and am ready to win this spring. Cannot wait. Tiger blood.