Winyah, an Amedisys Company (SC Hospice)

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are considering a position with this company, please take my advice and run from the opportunity.

Our AVP of BD (LM) had no clue what she is doing or has no idea how to manage sales people or AE's. (LM) has fired two AE's within the last 60 days and more changes are on the way. (LM) does not even have the "guts" ,if you will, to tell her team when she has made a replacement. The team is forced to find out through the rumor mill. She even fired one AE on the phone, and told her that the office could only support one AE, but it is interesting that after maybe two weeks, a position was posted for that same office online. This is a terrible company to work for. Winyah had a great reputation in the state of SC for a caring and compassionate hospice company, but Amedisys has destroyed that reputation in what will soon be 1 (one) year! All of a sudden hospice is not about care and compassion, it has turned into a commodity. AE's are expected to bring in unrealistic goals. SC AE's have a conference call every day Tuesday through Friday which is nothing more than a daily beat down session over your numbers.

SC has a new AVP of Op's (GH) who is turning up the heat so fast and furious, and adding to the anxiety of the BD team.

This is one mixed up company, and if you do take a position with this company, mark my words - you will live to regret your decision!

And if you read the post on here - evidently this is the Amedisys culture, and I would think twice about taking a job with Amedisys anywhere in the country. Also google Amedisys and look at all the legal troubles this company is facing...

Be afraid - very afraid!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree with the above post..it is happening on the hhc side as well...day in and day out pressure to meet unrealistic goals, reps put on pips and then shortly fired...seems to be the reactive culture we are in...investor dividends are more important than reworking the sales structure and giving reps what they need to succeed..ie: insurance contracts,realistic goals,staffing...and transparancy. Once upon a time this was a great place to work..now wall street runs the show...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I can say, is I am an AE with Winyah in good standing. I am not on a PIP, nor do I think I am being considered for a PIP, but I will have to agree with the original post !!!!

Winyah was a good company, and since being bought out by Amedisys, it has gone to hell. Our AVP (LM) is a dolt. She has no clue what she is doing and has no idea how to manage people professionally. As soon as I can find myself another job - I will bolt from this sinking ship.

(LM) is truly one of the worst managers I have ever worked for. It is truly hard to find adjectives to describe what a true mess she is. I think she would find work more suiting her walking the streets of the "holy city" than trying to be a professional manager.

I worked for Winyah, before it was bought out by Amedisys, and Winyah was a great place to work and had high esteem in the communities it served. It is so sad to see a great company be brought down to the lowest of the low of hospice companies.

If you are applying for one of vacancies in Spartanburg, Florence or Walterboro, please consider what the first poster said and think twice your decision. And if you do not - I have to agree - I think you will live to regret your decision.

Finally to my good colleagues who have gone by the wayside... You know who you are.. but (LL), (DL) and (LL) consider yourself fortunate. I know times are tough, but where a door closes a window will open, and something bigger and better is on the horizon. Consider yourself lucky that you do not have to work for the wicked witch of east any longer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evidently things must be bad in South Carolina, that is unfortunate, but overall as an Amedisys employee I have to agree this company is - "burn and churn" - I have worked with some great folks that have been treated the same way, put on a "PIP" and then show the door 30 day's later.

Something is wrong when we cannot train, educate, and keep good hard working people !

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was suppose to have an interview for one of the open positions in SC with this AVP - can anyone comment if the above post are true?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly enough the comments are very accurate.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is right on target!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best description of Amedisys, and in particular Amedisys Hospice of South Carolina. This should be a mandatory video for every new Amedisys employee.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they finally sack the AVP-BD for SC? I heard she was on her way out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know in one of the earlier post someone described her as a dolt. I did not know what a dolt meant, until I looked up the definition, but after reading the definition - all I can say is this describes her to a tee. I cannot believe RD has not sacked her yet. He must be crazy if he cannot see through the farce she displays. She is a dolt and eventually it will catch up with her. And what is so amazing she had no idea how her AE's really feel about her. Her eye's would be opened if she read cafepharma.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New AE on the South Carolina team and I have to say what I have read those far is so true... It is sad. I heard today that LM is on a PIP. Any truth to that?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all you need to learn to spell. You mean't thus. But I guess this is the only type of AE they can find to hire now.

Finally you should have read the post before you took a position with this messed up company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all what is "mean't"...what does that abbreviation stand for? Mea not.?? Isn't it funny when you make a mistake like that after trying to be such a smart, sophisticated "know-it-all"! Grow up!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok lets not act like children. Shame on you for not taking the comments seriously. And if you work for the dolt shouldn't you know if your boss is on a PIP?? Be careful you will probably be on one soon too!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well is LM on a PIP? If LM is not on a PIP she probably should be. I know they have let more capable, qualified, respectable, responsible and intelligent AVP's go. So why would they keep this AVP?? But there again why does Amedisys do anything they do!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LM and RP are incompetent and useless. Unfortunately, they both were former Winyah employees. What dolts!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True...both are idiots!