Wireless Ultrasonic

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard it all now - Wireless Hand Instruments. Careful using Mobile phone in theatre you may accidentally activate the Ligasure - or for those with Wirelss monitors god only knows the outcome....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're an idiot.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is the competition's only way to cast doubt on the instrument, this will be a slam-dunk.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please come out with your device. You'll enjoy about six to nine months of sales before Sterilmed and Stryker begin reprocessing it and you won't see a dime after that. Impact was first, your cordless Autosonix device will be next.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will not mater. Thunderbeat will win anyway.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thunderturd to the rescue!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The way I see it, the cord anchored to the drape is what keeps it from falling on the floor!
    I've never heard a surgeon say, if this thing was wireless, it would be awesome!

Dumb.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suck a fucking dick.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are obviously in tune with your surgeons. Top surgeons in my area have talked about wireless for years. You are going to a lot of your surgeons jump ship, I guarantee it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This device is a joke. What does it have over Harmonic? GOod luck with contracts. I am sure it will be more expensive than competitors just like everything else you make. And wait until the batteries underperform. I have heard they are not getting near the battery life they expected. THis is a truly ground breaking product. EVERYONE is asking for a cordless Harmonic. Great use of R&D Covidien. You really nailed it on this one!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be fair, their internal R&D had little to do with this as the base technology was developed by a third party. It's usually a pretty safe bet that, other than line extensions, new products from COV are the result of acquisition or third-party development. The internal product development process is broken.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be fair, their internal R&D had little to do with this as the base technology was developed by a third party. It's usually a pretty safe bet that, other than line extensions, new products from COV are the result of acquisition or third-party development. The internal product development process is broken.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yee of little faith. You need only to step into the Hermes lounge and you too will be a convert.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

look how well they've done with power stapling 100+ mil in the hole and nothing to show for it

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A manager tried to recruit me because he thought wireless was "game changing". Silly. Wireless does nothing to improve outcomes and it cost more. Yes, I sell harmonic but the truth is even if this was a wireless harmonic it would still be worthless. It is sort of like selling a wireless lamp to an office secretary. The cord is really not that big of a problem.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you are right! I too sell harmonic and I have a number of surgeons that have said wireless will be an advantage and something that they would like to see. How do you know it's more expensive? How much?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I was in a case today and my doc used the new Gyrus product . WOW , I even liked it . Think I might want to go to work for them .

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya, I think you are a little off the rocker here. We didn't think that the small jaw would make an impact and I lost 120,000 in my territory alone in focus business. The issue is that Harmonic has been around for too long and a lot of surgeons want the latest and greatest. I am with the last poster and say that we could be in trouble on this one. Let's hope that it is too bulky and more expensive.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The want the latest and greatest, yet in your territory they switched from a 5 year old device to a 15 year old technology with a blade glued on? I think they want a new rep, one that can defend his business from an inferior product..

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest