Woking at Lincare? I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with a pair of pliers!

Discussion in 'Oxygen Reps' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2007 at 9:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not kidding either. I hate working here so much, I have been interviewing ever since I started. The pay sucks, the micromanagement is untolerable (STS on friday afternoon anyone?) The benefits are a joke. The training is half assed at best, and I have yet to meet a single person working here who actually has one good thing to say about this company or someone who actually likes their job. The upper managers are some of the biggest A-holes I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I am sitting here on Friday morning dreading having to go into my center an B.S. my STS reports for the week and tell my center manager how much O2 I will have coming in next week. Get me outta here!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Woking at Lincare? I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with a pair of plier

Let us know where you get hired. I'm interested to see where this role will land us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I must agree with you it sucks here pretty bad, what have I got myself into. I cant wait until its time to move into pharma sales. This company bloes, most of the people who work here never even went to college. My center manager started off as a driver! Thats just what I've always wanted, taking orders from some jerk with a G.E.D. who used to make 8 bucks an hour delivering oxygen tanks to a bunch old helpless cigarette addicts waiting to die.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed at Lincare about 5 years ago. They told me what the job was and what the pay was. I laughed at their asses. I wanted desperately to break into pharma sales but I knew I would lose my house on that salary. Well needless to say two weeks later I got a job in pharma. .. started out with Ventiv and been in the business ever since. . .only was with ventiv for a year before a real pharma hired me.

Moral of the story. . .you don't need lincare to break into pharma. . .you can get a job with venvi or PDI without any experience! Fuck Lincare. .. don't be a fool.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Woking at Lincare? I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with a pair of plier

I also work for Lincare and I agree with most of what was said. But, I do care about my patients and I do take exception to the person who stated "A bunch of helpless cigarette addicts waiting to die". Do you even have a GED? It sounds to me like you may need one. I assume that you have never watched a love one die from cancer caused in the lungs by a job they did to support their families. Some of my patients suffer from CHF,Renal Failure, Brain Cancer,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis(Lou Gehrig Disease, in case you did not know what this disease is)And many other diseases that are not related to the smoking of cigarettes.O2 is also used as a comfort measure for people who will not recover from the horrible diseases from which they suffer.I agree that the pay is bad, hours are long and much is expected from you, but no one is chaining you to you work station and last time I checked, you are free to leave your job at any time. I feel sorry for those patients that have to deal with the person who made that statement. No, you were not trained if this is your thinking and if you were I guess you missed the day that class was about compassion and caring. I am a CSR and I do take pride in my job and I do my best to help people live a better quality of life.You, on the other hand maybe should try Wal Mart.Its people like you that make the people that care look bad.You really made me sick when I read what you said.My advice to you, not that you asked is get out of the business of caring for people, its obvious from that statment that you do not know how to give a damn about people that you were hired to help.I really feel sorry for you and hope you never have to witness "A bunch of .................You know the rest. Oh and by the way Happy Thanksgiving,I am sure you can think of somethink to be thankful for.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your Picture has to be in the dictionary next to the word...IDIOT. I have NEVER seen a post from someone so stupid. You are a true moron. If you move into Pharma, (which I doubt will EVER happen) I want to know what company. I will avoid that medication because, they cant be very smart to hire someone like you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any idea what a Area Mgr makes? Base/Bonus?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA
    Well guess what pal, I did get hired in pharma and I'm making more than twice what I was a Lincare. Furthermore I'm not taking orders anymore from some uneducated, barely over the poverty line, schmuck that thinks that Lincare is the greatest thing since sliced bread because it is the only company that would even think of giving him any kind of resposibilities other than sweeping a floor. You see my friend the difference between me and you and all the other losers that work at Lincare is that I am a winner. You will always be a loser. I am someone who is succesful and you, and everyone at Lincare will continue to live your miserable lives like common overworked peasants. Weakness is a disease with which you are clearly stricken with. Perhaps you should just curl up in your home waiting to die like the pathetic retched patients that Lincare takes advantage of. I really pity you and everyone else at Lincare. Some people are just content to live life at the bottom. It really is too bad. Such a shame.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a loser you are!

I cant believe I am even going to respond to your reply but I felt compelled. First of all I am sales rep, not some loser CSR like you. You clearly are a loser! As a sales rep I dont give a damn about our patients, all I care about is making money. Most of our patients are sick, poor, helpless, people who suffer from an inability to help themselves and have long ago outlived there abitliy to contribute anything to our society and be of any usefulness. I would be careful to me bc I was actually just promoted to a center manager! Perhaps you wish to let me know what center you are in, I would love to discuss this matter with you in person. When we are done this discussion and you have realized what a pathetic loser you are I will kick your ass. Let me know jerk and I hope to hear back from you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cant believe what an idiot you are. Who are you to fell sorry for me. You are a CSR, you an hourly employee which basically makes you a common loser. I don't have a GED by the way I have a H.S. Diploma, and a College Degree which I doubt you have since you are a CSR and that is probably the best you will ever accomplish. Hey loser, what center do you work out of? I'd love to drop by and talk to you in person about your thoughts on these and other matters, then I'll beat you up real bad. Anyone like yourself who actually takes pride in caring for these sickly patients of ours clearly is a loser. I just got promoted to a center manager and I cant wait to extort as much money as I can for my center from these people and medicare.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha Thats hilarious, I feel for you bro. I worked there a long time ago and yeah they suck. I was a sales rep with Lincare and I used to steal stuff out of the warehouse in my center and sold it on ebay. Youd be surprised how much money you can get for a case of nasal canulaes, a brand new nebulizer, or a new helios machine. My center manager never even new it was gone! I also used to get fake reciepts and submit them on expense reports! I probably made well over $5,000 bucks off of Lincare by stealing stuff from the center and reselling it, or fudging my expense reports. Ha Ha Ha

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Genius, I have been in pharmaceuticals for over 6 years. I have never nor will I ever work for Lincare. Unlike a pathetic loser like yourself. Genius. You won't last long in pharma. Way too ignorant. To bad you left Lincare, You would fit right in at Lincare.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah! Well I fucked you mom!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've got a question for ya'll. I'm not sure what positions any of you have in Lincare, but are any of you familiar with IDS? I work for another DME company, and we heard that IDS is doing some kind of contest that rewards the center doing the most volume during a certain time period? If it's true, our DME is considering signing up with them to be part of the contest. We've got A LOT of business here, and that sounds fun. Can any of you give me any information on it?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Facist prick, I would like to beat you up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm disabled on oxygen but I certainly dont smoke nor do I want to die and I'm not helpless. Thank you very Much!!!

17. Re: disabled people

Excuse me with this attitude towards disabled people. If it were not for us being sick you would not have the job you have. I can take my business elsewhere. Am so happy about the medicare and medicaid cuts.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG, Are all of you kidding me....If this is the example of the behavior from professionals such as you all call yourself, the everyone of you who talks this crap needs to loose your Jobs. I thought Lincare was something nice to aim for, however with loosers such as each one of you with the I dont Care attitude about people or their life...then Never-mind, its not even looking into any longer. But...just so I know...is one of the idiots of Management there happen to be the name of Daniel (DAN) Harries? If so...give me the TRUTH rundown...would love to call him out on it totally....

TIll then....FIght on upon yourselves...would love to have Management come here and see all of this ...whether they are Asses or not....

By the way, this will now make a Great Story on the Media....And Yes, IP Addresses are attached, incase you think people cant get you for a Statement. Thanks for the Eye opening ecxperience !!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having worked in big pharma and now working at Lincare there is only one trueism: Your job in sales is based upon your manager! If you had a bad manager at Lincare as well as big pharma it too can be a nightmare. I enjoy the "real" flexibility of Lincare...no tablets to be signed, no samples to count, no GPS tracking device in your car and no phone calls 7am telling me I have to be at a meeting 2 states away at 8am.

There are good points and bad points on both jobs, but at this time in my life I am making more money at Lincare than I ever made in Big Pharma and having more fun.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HaHaHaHa! Now come on. We know that isn't true. It is o.k. to stick up for your company. I work for an oxygen company and love it but we all know enough about Lincare to know that what your saying is not true. Be real.