Work Atrium part time?

Discussion in 'Atrium Medical' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm an Atrium rep in the biosurgery division? It's a great company with a lot of opportunity, especially after the Maquet buy out.

Serious question - Do you think that I could work an afternoon job selling real estate for some extra coin? If I did do that and get caught do you think I'd get fired right away or just get written up.

Side note- I would still intend to hit my grow numbers.

Serious replays only :/

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better Question is: Once Maquet takes control of the Atrium Sales Force (and that will happen), am I safe?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should be fine as long as...

1) You NEVER do this using company resources. You'd be shocked at how many folks use company PCs, phone numbers, mobile devices, email addresses, etc. for stuff.

2) You ensure that you cannot be snagged doing this on company time. There's no reason that anyone else has to think this is anything other than a nights / weekends deal

3) You don't tell anyone at work, even those you trust. If they don't know, they don't have to lie.

4) Check your company handbook to see if a scenario like this is addressed. If it's not, you're cool, but still follow 1-3. If it is, it's not necessarily a fireable offense (unless overtly stated) but it is something that will readily be used against you if someone is already gunning for your ass.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grounds for immediate termination.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, do both and make that money.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you aren't making enough money with Atrium, go get a better job...Do this by blowing out your numbers so you build a great resume...Then when you go for an interview you will have something that will impress managers...Most of the resumes I see are unimpressive at best...

You might find if you devote 100% of your efforts at Atrium then great things will happen there...Companies are looking for great talent...