Work History - Past Employers Checked?

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by anonymous, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi, I have an upcoming interview and was wondering, if I should get an offer, does CONMED call past employers for any reason? I had a bad relationship with my boss at my first company and I'm worried about a possible negative review. I know there is usually an option to say "no" when they ask if they may contact the employer, but I'm equally worried about how that will look.

Any input would be helpful, thanks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They want to see that you committed to one employer for a few years to show that you're not a troublemaker hopping around from job to job. They never called mine. I worked at a customer service type job for 6 years. My previous boss never got contacted. If you got college, then most likely you have NOTHING to worry about.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which state do you live in?

Past employers can’t do much other than confirm dates of employment these days.

ConMed is desperate to hire anyone at the bottom tier payout so you’re probably fine. If you really need the job- ask your top 3 references to email/call the hiring manager. Bust your a** for a few months then go get a job that actually pays.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good tips
    Don’t forget to complete your personality test that basically agrees you are “ok” with making less than $70k/year

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My old employer and references were called.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So desperate for help, they just might skip that phone call. You're good now. Hurry up convicts, apply now.