Working at End Range of Motion Improvement (ERMI)

Discussion in 'Dynasplint' started by Anonymous, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great information I hope I can get an offer after the interview process.

What is the starting salary with ERMI?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to break in medical devices as well what is the starting salary with this company?

Can you really make over 100k a year with this company?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

straight commission

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30k-45k uncapped commission.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

new reps are getting base salaries now? wtf.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I currently work at ERMI, Inc.

It is a GREAT company. We're small but growing rapidly.

They give you the freedom to grow your territory however you want to. Whatever works for you, works for them. The senior management is also great. They're young, listen and implement your suggestions, move people up from within and make new positions for those who are good at certain things that they see could benefit the company as a whole.

You do work your butt off in the beginning to establish relationships and how to streamline ordering products for patients. They devices aren't heavy and I'm a girl. The devices are unique and offer something no other company has. Who can say they work for a company that has grown 20-30% each year and they can call their CEO,CFO, President, etc on their cell phones and actually have a conversation with them? If you can get in now while we are young... It's a smart move. We recently helped out Adrian Peterson during his recovery (look up 'ERMI Adrian Peterson' on YouTube).

Some of the prior negative posts are from old employees who were fired because they lied and/or forged physician's signatures on scripts. Stupid.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company has a base salary with uncapped commission with residual income. Management is fair so far, they listen to employees because they are aware that sales are the life line of the company survial & the company is growing.

With everything in life there are con’s but the pro’s are worth working for ERMI. As the person stated above you must burn some midnight oil. This company is an awesome company to work for and the growth potenial is crazy right now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Us tenured reps don't have a base salary and never did. I don't know what kind of BS this is, but you new hires consider yourself lucky.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO WE WILL NOT CONSIDER TO BE LUCKY ERMI IS LUCKY TO HAVE US! & with due respect to ERMI, the company has a grt8 culture. So we are both lucky!

By the way I'm sure your commission structure is much higher than the new hire's therefore you should consider yourself lucky :)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked for ERMI for years as a Sales Rep. I am smart, motivated, and have, therefore, been successful. You get what you put in.

As far as a previous 'poster' said, I can back them up - I could call me CEO on his cell phone right now. He would answer and is open to any and ALL suggestions. This goes for all direct and upper management. ERMI is the closest thing to family, outside of my 'born into' family - the culture is one in a million.

It's tough when you are interviewing to determine the best direction to go - it's that way when we are interviewing individuals as well. Both of us involved, interviewer and interviewee, are going to show our 'best'. Go with your gut, don't automatically trust the negative posts here. ERMI will require you to be honest and ethical, we are dealing with patients and clinicians and this requires the utmost respect to many, many regulations. This company is great to work for, I can't imagine every choosing to leave.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an upcoming interview what should I expect????

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't find information on current employees I also notice the company have positions available can someone fill me in.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they've been canning people lately

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ermi.

Smaller player in med devices, but is growing fast.
    20% growth past few years; $60,000,000 company.
    Privately owned by Dr.Branch in Atlanta.
    60 Sales Reps and an office of 50 full of support.

PTs and Doctors love the products, they work.
    Only issues in the field are PT's and docs having bad previous experiences with reps.
    Think ERMI learned their lesson on that one and is only hiring the best reps.
    Reimbursement is pretty bad, but if you work hard enough, target the right markets and insurances, and please your PTs (actually are reliable) top reps are pulling in
    $150,000 annually.
    Won't see much time with docs (restricted access), spend most of your time with PTs.

Managers care a lot, Dr.Branch is a cool dude

If you want Med Device experience, hands down a fantastic opportunity. I would recommend it because they give you a tremendous amount of training and exposure to that world. It is a great stepping stone into Capital Equipment sales to hospitals (bigger earning potential) and you will have already built up network of connections with doctors.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't listen to this person above. I'm here and am looking to leave. They're been letting reps go as we're not receiving reimbursement anymore from pretty much every managed care provider due to our shady billing practices over the years. We've lost some tenured reps lately who saw the writing on the wall. The only territories that produce have a heavy focus of VA and Workers Comp revenue.

If you interview, make sure in writing you see what the territory has done in VA and Workers comp, as it's the only thing covering and the only way you'll make any money. Don't let the kool-aid drinkers here tell you otherwise, many of them are riding this sinking ship to the bottom as are the managers who never had a plan in place for when the time came that providers would deny coverage due to our billing practices. Reps like the poster above don't know life beyond this company and are clinging to it for dear life as they're scared of no longer being a big fish in a small pond. Lets be honest, charging $3k a month for a hunk of metal that a high school kid could build in shop class was bound to come to an end.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on, the typical face of the new hire is new to the industry. Where waving all co-pays, billing OON, flying under the radar by not bringing anyone into collections.... a masterpiece written by companies created a long time back. Ahoh, how I loved that patient tongue lashing after they get my denial call. I still have nightmares about it. You get your medical sales experience whether you are a manager there or a rep. and don't bring your billing practices with you to your next company, you'll just embarrass yourself.

But wherever you go, just don't do it blindly, make sure the company has good billing practices. Working for a legit company makes you feel better about yourself, and what you are doing.

You can look in ortho mags find the top 50 companies and you'll find a new place to work quickly.

They have a great device, too bad they are not more creative to bringing it to patients. Back in the '80's, this billing was usual, but today it is outdated and ultimately costing all of us unnecessary healthcare dollars Most companies take pride in themselves for their medicare compliance, they stabilize their revenue, and have other rewards to ensure the survival of their company. It might cut employees and weaken the bottom line, but at least they won't be practicing.... what's the word that I'm looking for? Oh yeah, fraud.

Thank god they haven't come after anyone for money, or else they would be in jeopardy of signing their rival's theme song. "We didn't know any better, we have been billing (and screwing our system) like this for years"

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company give some reps notice of dismissal and others they let go without notice. In order to survive as the pervious poster stated you must have a strong VA or Workers Comp otherwise there is no future.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hear ya on the berating calls from docs and patients on a weekly basis. The worst were the surgeons who flat out laughed in your face when they walked into the room and saw the device. Felt like used car salesmen in the medical world there.

They got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, plain and simple. They had no plan in place beyond what had been working when they flew under the radar.
    I believe all managed care providers no longer cover the device due to not charging co-pays, billing out of network, not sending patients to collections etc. for years...basically this day was a long time coming and management put on rose colored glasses and milked it for all it was worth. I've seen some outlandish stuff get swept under the rug in my time here.

If this is your only option in medical, take it, get some experience and get out. It can be a stepping stone to bigger and better things. You will have to spin it in your interviews in the proper manor however, as once they look into ERMI they get a little hesitant as it being referred to as a "medical Device" company. Focus on the sales process and your access presenting and selling to surgeons as the main point. As a manager at Styker put it after researching ERMI "I can make that device in my garage". Therefore you need to admit to it as a foot in the door in the industry to prove yourself and focus on surgeon interaction and running clinical demo's for staff etc. Those surgeon contacts and the sales process regarding actually having to sell the thing is what will get you in with an actual orthopedic company.

Good luck

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom of the barrel

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is that "ok" to not collect co-pays? The culture may be a great family-type atmosphere. No matter how you spin it, not collecting co-pays is illegal. What management is training reps and billers to do is unethical.

I saw on glassdoor that everyone likes the CEO....

How could that be? He seemingly created a company to line his pockets, and screw over private payers. And for all the folks that continue to love their job over there, collect your six-figures and continue screwing our healthcare system- thanks for playing a role.

How is everyone turning a blind eye over there; certainly, you all couldn't be that naive.