Working at ISTA

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it like working at ISTA?

I hear that there are internal problems with people not getting along. The HR is no help at all and often complicates the issues because they do not take action when needed.

Can anyone shine some light on the working environment at ISTA?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is no light/ just dark. this place is a mess from the vp's down. over 40 reps have left ytd

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This poster appears often, spreading his venom about the company. Now he even answers his own questions. How pathetic.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They like to say everyone "is working in the spotlight, you can't hide", it's a little weird really.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no way for you to know if it is the same person over and over again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As the police say, I have their MO.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well. The management is unprofessional, inexperienced and way too self centered. Company makes many demands on your personal life - like manager throws a hissy fit if you take off early by two hours to complete reports etc. It is in turmoil because Zibrom now has a generic and this is severely impacting sales for year. Also, trainers are the WORST in the business. One of them posts on here a lot - like the corporate paid hall monitor. She is stupid, unprofessional and is counting on having her head shoved up her managers a-- to get a district managers job. Can't recommend the place.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow - that much turnover? The year is barely half over! Sounds like numerous issues!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The issues belong to this poster. If this worthless person was worth it, it would be intresting to disect their mind to see what causes a person to turn out this way.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG!!!!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no it is terrible...training is ridiculous! those of us who KNOW the laws and rules about pharma promo know there are some serious problems with what they do.

Yes the demands are outrageous, manager specific of course, but when you're a kool-aid drinker you are the problem. Anyone at any company or organization that drinks too much kool-aid is a problem. Kool-aid drinkers lack balance, and typically have their head soo far up someone (s) ass they won't see sunlight for years!

with Xibrom going generic its like the titanic over there!

The turn over is outrageous!!!!! I have never seen company with turnover this high. I am sooo glad I am one who left before generic and the mass exodus begins....HAHAHAHAH with only 165 rep can't really be a mass exodus. The recruiters are getting tons of ISTA resumes, and they know why mgt & lack of products...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great! I know where to steal good people!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A no brainer...need a management shake-up.....too many people are full of themselves!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you are looking for a job here, dont read this BS. the most posts on here are disgruntle workers who were either fired or just like to complain.

Why is it that many people quit and now come back begging for their job? Hmm could it be the grass isnt always greener.

If you stop bitching and work hard you will make money. You you dont you will not.

Due your due diligence to research any company and you will find posts like this. Find what is your best fit and go for it

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to second this person's comment. There seems to be one disgruntled ex-employee who posts here regularly who does nothing but spread malicious crap about ISTA and management. With this person's attitude, it wouldn't take more than a week to see the cancer they spread to others and get rid of their sorry ass. Sounds like that is probably what happened and now this person posts here regularly doing what they can to discredit the company and managers, one in particular. Most intelligent college educated reps who frequent this board see through this garbage. Unfortunately, the rest of us have to read through it to see what others have to say. Why don't you go play somewhere else?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you don't consider yourself an "intelligent college educated rep", you're part of "the rest of us". And you're taking someone else to task? Beautiful!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is laughable! I never call out typos/or words misspelled that just happens by accident sometimes...but the complete lack of correct grammar through this entire rant is ridiculous from a high school grad let alone a college grad. The mixture of singulars and plurals shows you are completely ignorant when it comes to written communication (which I believe is part of requirements you must have to work here) or someone is so "under your skin" you went crazy writing a post. Either way you look like under educated. While the person or persons you are talking about (difficult to tell if you mean 1 or more due to your sentence structure) should "go play somewhere else" you should go take a college level business english class....I'd start in a 100 level class from the looks of your current skills. Hopefully ISTA has tuition reimbursement, if not it is still a good investment in your future so you do not communicate so poorly in the future. If I were you I would be embarrassed to have allowed someone to make me so upset over cafepharma....perhaps you are truly the one in need of help.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What planet are you from? The sentence structure is gramatically correct. I just don't understand the motivation of someone who's total contribution to the ISTA board is to beat up on the company and a manager. Maybe you can enlighten me.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with all the people who despise manager ride alongs!!! I have wondered why they still have jobs. Most do not bring any value to you. And everything is subjective. If they don't like you, you're screwed! Point blank. I think that too much power are given to these DM's. My DM sucks!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, when you signed up to be a pharma rep you knew ridealongs were part of the system. Do you know of any company who does not schedule ridealongs with the sales force? Second, just like pro football or basketball players have coaches, so do pharma companies. In the case of pharma, the DM (coach) is there to a) observe your sales skills, ability to connect with Dr's and their staff and how well you represent the company. Some reps are better than others. Some need coaching occassionally. Can you imagine Bret Farve telling his coach "you don't bring any value to me"? b) your DM can be your best friend or worst enemy. It doesn't help if you display a sour attitude. If your DM sucks, and maybe he does, I'd look in the mirror and see if maybe he sucks because of your attitude that he senses when he rides along with you. His responsibility is to maximize the success of your company in your area (same as yours). Your future and his are intertwined.