Working at quest is embarrassing

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait until everyone hears about how raises don't match inflation at Quest Diagnostics!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not exactly earth shattering news. Revenue is down, req. count is down and the projections for 2013 are a further decrease of 3-8% in revenue. Unlike the government, businesses cannot increase their spending when revenue is decreasing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is everyone and do you think that anyone not working at Quest cares.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously?

You're embarrassed because your confidential compensation package doesn't keep pace with inflation? That's reasonable.

Blaming such shortcomings on Quest? How is your poor job performance their fault? Would you be less embarrassed if they fired your azz?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's it I quit!!! Oops, to late, they already laid me off.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KISS BUTT ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP at Quest Diagnostics

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I hear Solstas has a few openings.

You're always free to go jump on the sinking ship.

Oh wait, if you did that, you would probably be working for Quest again in the next year.....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "sinking ship" is Quest.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, only way to get to the top is butt kissing.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I find pitiful is that a mediocre worker EXPECTS a pay raise in this time of economic crisis. Why do you think you deserve an increase--just because?
    3 of my closest friends work in pharma and all did very well this year, received nice bonuses, but not one got a merit increase because of the economy. Are they happy--not really---but they have a job and that's more than some of their counterparts who were laid off this year can say.
    So rather than bitching about your lack of a merit increase (that I'm sure reflects your work ethic), be happy that your ass isn't on the unemployment line collecting 30% of your annual salary.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true dat

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually there is zero wrong with complaining about a pay raise or lack there of it. I'm glad you want to work for peanuts but some see a brighter future elsewhere.

Working hard and busting ass for 2 percent raise is bullshit. I rather jump ship every two years for an increase.

Also these are not hard economic times for quest... If they can afford to pay millions to ceo who got let go and we are way green with what? 800 mil in net profit?

Stop drinking Kool aid ... I love busting ass for twenty cent raises. Really motivates me to give 150 percent.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiots like your Kool Aid drinking ass need to realize the excuse of a bad economy dictating no raise this year is utter bullshit and a piss poor tired ass excuse we have heard for the past 3 years :
    Cash provided by operations was $1.2 billion. <<<<<<<thats a B for BILLION >>>> In 2011, cash provided by operations was $895 million and was reduced by the Medi-Cal settlement payment. During 2012, the company reduced outstanding debt by $654 million and repurchased $200 million of its common shares

Quest is doing pretty goddamn good , everyone up top is making money except the employees and they try to utilize a shock and awe tactic with us " Be Glad you have jobs"
    REALLY !

We did not get a raise because of this :<<< During 2012, the company reduced outstanding debt by $654 million and repurchased $200 million of its common shares<<<<<<<

SO employee bonus = 89000000
    debt payment 654000000 + stock purchase 200000000 = 854000000

854000000-89000000 =765000000 <<<<<< WOW how broke are we again ? that we can afford to repurchase stock at 2x what we paid employees for bonus ans then call it a bad economy>>>>>>>>> WHAT ???? oh yeah then there is the little lab in MASS U that we purchased , How bad is the economy again ??????
    :

hey we are glad we have jobs - our jobs make your jobs possible - yet it still seems we hold the shit end of the stick -

Full Year 2012 Performance

For the full year 2012, revenues from continuing operations were $7.4 billion, essentially unchanged from the prior year. Adjusted income from continuing operations was $701 million, or $4.36 per diluted share, compared to $704 million, or $4.38 per diluted share, in 2011. On a reported basis, income from continuing operations was $630 million, or $3.92 per diluted share, compared to $459 million, or $2.85 per diluted share, in 2011.

Adjusted operating income from continuing operations for 2012 was $1.3 billion, or 17.8% of revenues, compared to $1.3 billion, or 17.5% of revenues, for 2011. On a reported basis, operating income from continuing operations was $1.2 billion, or 16.3% of revenues, compared to $987 million, or 13.4% of revenues, in 2011. Cash provided by operations was $1.2 billion. In 2011, cash provided by operations was $895 million and was reduced by the Medi-Cal settlement payment. During 2012, the company reduced outstanding debt by $654 million and repurchased $200 million of its common shares.

SO KEEP SUCKING DOWN THAT CHERRY KOOL AID AND BELIEVE EVERYTHING WE ARE TOLD ABOUT THE ECONOMY AND HOW SHITTY IT IS WHILE THE MONEY MACHINE KEEPS PRINTING $100.00 BILLS - I DONT THINK THE BAD ECONOMY IS FELT BY THE UPPER ECHELON AT ALL < MAYBE YOU"LL HAVE TO TELL BUFFY AND THE KIDS ONLY 1 FIRST CLASS TRIP TO FRANCE THIS YEAR - meanwhile back in the trenches processor jane doe is unable to buy groceries for her 2.5 children because every other ass clown that provides our goods and services just raised the rates by 10% and your freaking 2% raise wont cover it any longer.

So ponder that while drinking your cognac and puffing on a cohiba - Some of us can and do READ.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummmm... Lets get rid of Steve and put this guy in charge!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you think it's a guy?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because only a guy would write 2.5 children and know what a cohiba is ;)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My butt crack.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif