Working for Celgene

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If someone can give me some insights on the atmosphere and environment at Celgene? I am interviewing for an oncology position, I have been in the business for over 20 years, oncology for 10 yrs, hospital 10 yrs as well. Its a position in the Midwest, how is the DM, and the conditions with this company. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would not work for the company on a bet. I work here now and can't stand it! The midwest manager if his first name begins with a G is a prick and if he was on fire I would'nt piss on him to put him out. He will micro manage you, nit pick your expenses, ride you like a circus pony.
    Just a bunch of things overheard at meetings I attend as I am an employee looking to get out myself!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your jaded Pharmion opinion.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for an oncology position in the Northeast. The DMs first name starts with a J. How is he?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put it this way- military type culture-now you choose if this is what you want.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, it's not a bad compnay to work for and the pay is good but we tend to walk the "ethical" line sometimes. The oncology world is, and should be, watching us closely with regards to pharma guidelines and off-label claims and I feel we sometimes are expected to get into gray areas here. If you are OK with bending the rules a bit and compromising your ethics, then it's not a bad place to work.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did your IV go? I am in Michigan and wish they would open something up here...
    what state are you in?

8. Bongo Bob

Bongo Bob Guest

State of Panic, dooshbag!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The worst fucking management team in the world parks their collective asses at Celgene.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I havent been on here in months but it never changes. Those who don't want, like, need to work, bitch and moan about their manager and those of us who enjoy our job just laugh at them. The truth about Celgene, if you want to work hard and be rewarded, it's a great company. If you just want a paycheck, have no ethics and are lazy as crap, you'll end up being micro managed until you get the message and get the hell out. If you don't get the message, you'll get fired. pretty simple, really.
    I hope you join us and make a tremendous success of yourself. You certainly have the opportunity to do so here.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This jerk sums it up. The truth is that the pharma industry died about 5-10 yrs ago when this X or Y generation ass finally got a paycheck bigger than his (well you know what I mean). Companies succeed in bio/pharma because they have a product that can not be duplicated. Decisions are made today based on economics and efficacy. The stupidity of the business is that for the most part it is being led by individuals that actually believe they are at the front of that parade, when actually they are forced to smile with a shovel at the tail end of the parade. They are reverting to call averages, web casts, and lunches to measure performance and have become masters at generating paperwork, and checking off boxes, which has their "professional" sales force sitting in parking lots completing outside of the nearest free wifi hotel all the compliance tests web casts and other bullshit that has no practical meaning, so that their IP addresses can't be tracked back to their home computers. At some point investors should raise hell about the lack of penetration sales and marketing actually has in todays environment. Celgene is much like Amgen, with a product that to date has not seen intensive direct competition, their sales managers think they are gifted, but in reality they are lucky to be riding a wave which will eventually crash and they will have no clue as to what happened to them. They are living in a Hollywood set, a facade of their own creation, hoping stockholders and board members can't see that they are today's blacksmith at the advent of the Model T. The stupidity of the prior poster is in not realizing his position in this evolution, to not realize that this is the final act of what was once a proud, honorable, and effective profession that brought value to physicians and patients. Their micro-managed world filled with self important people of no substance is about to disappear.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have read everyone's comments about working at Celgene, but my situation is a little different on a contract basis. I am not in sales, but would like to know how is the work environment at this company's Summit, NJ location.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former Celgene employee....the person who wrote "This Jerk Sums it Up".....is so on target!!! Everything he or she said, I could not have said it better. It is not only Celgene, but many of the Bio-tech companies. The industry and position itself. If you are a true business person that "thinks outside of the box" (sorry, it has been so long since I have had the honor to use that terminology:) and can look toward the future, you would have to agree with what this person wrote.
    It does not matter what company you work for.
    You need to be ethical as well as like and believe in what you do every day. You can not go to work hating your job and your manager every day. If you do, every aspect of you life and being will be affected. Pick a company that you like. Work for a manager that you belive in and want to work hard for. Then and only then will you enjoy your job and grow in it:)
    Believe me, it's that simple.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your response to my question, I have decided not to pursue this contract position. I have had a colleague who use to do contract work for with this company and she decided to leave. She was not comfortable with the work environment and pursued other contract work outside of this company. I have interviewed with a healthcare company for a permanent position a few days ago and surprisingly they are not listed within this forum..

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I strongly suggest doing some research into the latest Revlimid studies presented by Celgene at ASH - dismal and very questionable science has now put us under the microscope with the industry, doctors and even patients. I would look at a company with more of a positive name in the business and better ethics.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Velcade sales continuing downturn and reduced to writing on bathroom walls?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I try to apply and work at Celgene but get no response from the recruiting organization ever.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do you know how to read and interpret clinical data? you just posted one of the most ignorant comments on this entire board! The data presented at ASH and every other major meeting was outstanding, amazing, unprecedented, use whatever adjetive you like. Everyone who wants to be somebody is clamoring to get a position at Celgene. Please take into account some of the world famous thought leaders who have chosen to take a postition with Celgene BECAUSE of the science and future pipeline. Please keep your bitterness to yourself to avoid others recognition of your ignorance. I doubt that you are truly stupid but you certainly are either uninformed, not medically educated, or just plain bitter. Celgene has had and will continue to have a meteoric rise in the world of cancer therapy.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you know how to spell or was your trainer a vegetable?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My trainer eats no vegetables