Working for Celgene

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get it. What's the deal in MN?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm confused. There are about 25 open rep positions for solid tumor. I take it that's for Abraxane. How can this be? How do you lay off former Abraxis reps and then post the position? Why not, uh, keep them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they all suck

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because we learned our lesson during thr pharmion buyout. We know exactly how to fire/retain reps to avoid litigation.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't buy lunch or even a cup a "Joe" in MN. It would be misconstrued as a bribe. Think REAL hard about it. What do you have at the beginning of any drug launch...give up...how about the PI (a.k.a. prescribing info, package insert, everything about the drug that the clinician believes is nothing more than smoke n' mirrors) and hopefully a company's good credibility.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like shopping at Khols.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you keep the drones. Celgene is full of those that keep their mouths shut, fill out paperwork, and suppress expressing anything creative. Their work clothes are yellow with black stripes. A hybrid of mice and drone, they prefer the meek and skittish that work like drones. Far from an entrepreneurial company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But this is indicative of the entire industry. It's about checking the boxes. No creativity or a brain is needed for this job anymore. So sad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't lose your spirit !! It's the playoffs in football and alot of my doctors like football. On Tuesday I wore my old cheerleader uniform - my goodness they were surprised !! Seeing those big smiles let me know that this is going to be a big year. I told Dr Levinson that Revlimid is a Champion in the cancer playoffs. Sure he laughed, but then we had a serious discussion. His office seemed so happy when I left !! People love our personal touch and showing them our true selves. He said I was the highlight of his day. See.. creativity at work !! Don't be a spoil sport !!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice work! did you blow and bang him?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fruck. Sounds like the motel 6 of pharma. I thought this was a loose non micro. culture and run the territory on your own terms, very little hand holding and reps are there to do their job at their discussion and make bus. decisions independently not in this primary care mentality. I just had 2 interviews and they were all about wanting to hire multiple level p. club and big pharma superstars to come in and get this comp. going in the right direction. 40 terr. jobs are posted, what did they fire all these reps? that is never a good sign. more info needed. This was a good pipeline and good comp. back in the day, has it changed s much by the green micro mgmt. koolaiders from the DM role? Shit i hope i was not fed a line of shit at my inter. it was Cel. or a competitor, money about the same but quality of manager and culture of micr. mangmt. are deal breakers for me. No way can I play those check the box games and how many callls did you make today horseshit. I want what they told me, free to run bus. like its your own unit, little interference from DM, and full control over daily terrl decisions with accounts.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who ever wrote this post is way too smart to work here, you will be mirco man. to death and hate your job. Do not fall for the primary care mentality. Most Dm's here have a inferiority complex and chip on their shoulders, if you have tenure and want autonomy, run the opposite direction. You were warned.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What they told you doesn't exist and it depend on who your manager will be. Some of our managers are cool some are major jack-off's who will make your life hell. You will have to check the box daily and deal with a sales team that is still a little PO'd because almost 50% of the Abraxis reps were tossed when Celgene purchased them. As for the reps that were cut, some did not have the "look" we wanted and looking the part has a lot to do with it. Some were cut because they lived outside of their territories. Some were cut for HR reasons and some were cut for no reason at all. A-holes here will say that all of the Abraxis reps sucked and we should have fired 'em all, but that is not correct becasue some of them really are great people. Celgene does not have the best rap either - we make moves that are very cold and calculated. Thanks ST. As new BioTech companies start hiring reps Celgene will be left hiring again too becasue a lot want out and will leave.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is "the look" Are you serious. Old enough to remember the IBM black suits. Say it ain't so?!?!?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it really true that Celgene reps don't have to submit any type of call reports or schedules of visits with their managers? How do they keep track? I was worried when I read on another thread (albeit an older one) that the managers get location reports from vendors that are then scrutinized. I'm interested in working for them, but I don't want to feel like my every move is being tracked.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ivy league, yuppie, intense, dressed to impress. You also better not have a state school degree. It reminds me of pharma in the mid 90s.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Do you really think you are yuppies, "Dressed to Impress?" What kind of shit are you smoking? This company is filled with fat hobo looking individuals that are good at kissing ass. Look at your VP of sales and head of training. Enough said!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey smarty pants. What do you do now as Summer approaches and the football season is four months away. Any ideas. Swimsuit? It is not sustainable.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away! Senior Management is so completely paranoid and domineering they have to be hiding something. Ask an innocent question and watch the vultures swoop in. Management suppresses, monitors, chases off, fires any one who thinks independently. Rumors of OIG investigating make a lot of sense.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Independent thinking? That is not a part of Celgene. You are a cloned drone here ...