Working for Metagenics (not in sales)?

Discussion in 'Metagenics' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2008 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm looking into a non-sales position with this company and have heard some negative things about their disorganized hiring process and that overall there's poor company-wide morale. Obviously there are some pretty disgruntled people in sales, but what about everyone else?

2. What is the base salary

I have an interview this month for Metagenics, I am about to cancel it after reading these posts.

What is the base salary for new reps? How much do they cover of your car expenses? What is training consist of? Do you get paid enough to live on your first year while building your territory?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: What is the base salary

Salary..not nearly enough. Car expenses..not sure it is different for everyone. Training..trainer is worthless. Paid enough..never enough. Since you are the "utah boby builder", you will have a piece of sh*t manager. Look into medical device.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love the company and made a lot my first year - over $100K. You usually just find disgruntled people on this site. The ones who are happy at the company do not post.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So are you saying you're not happy since you're posting on this site? If you are happy, wait six months.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see your point. :) But usually I don't post because if you say anything positive you get a flurry of negative posts. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but at every single company I've worked in the past there have been positive and negative. My opinion is if you don't like it, leave.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my guess is that everyone that is posting negativity has left. The company is doing BETTTER THAN EVER BEFORE. Keep up the great work Jeff, Tim, Jan, Mickey and Jeff B.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've just quit as a chemist today after a short time with the company. Having worked for several 'proper' pharmaceutical/neutraceutical companies prior to this I would have to say Metagenics/Ethical Nutrients/ Healthworld is easily the worst, and certainly the most amateur - complete control freaks, more like a profit making religeous cult than a concerned corporate citizen. Dogma abounds - on the walls in large bold type (remisniscent of Orwells 1984), as well as spoken with zombie like brainwashed expression from the poor unfortunates whose souls have long been destroyed through prolonged exposure to company policy. Moral for non -sales people is incredibly poor indeed.

My advice - join the chuch of scientoogy instead! At least you know what you're in for.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This board always tends to be about the sales reps, so it's interesting to hear a non-sales employee's viewpoint.

Good luck to you. Hope you find something that suits you better.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great to hear from outside sales too. Since all the recent downsizing, many of us are looking to leave. I have stayed around with the promise of going public, but they're not. My clients are complaining about some of the formulas not working like they used to and then the increased pricing. Jeff K. must need another boat. I've heard the company took the turn for the worst a few years ago, but since I've been here (1 1/2) it has gone bad fast. It's too bad, but hopefully we can all find other jobs with stable companies. Good luck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You worked at Metagenics Australia?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is unfortunate the some use this site to post personal grievances. The company is good and the products work. A self disciplined, organized, positive individual can do very well. If however, a miserable complainer wishes company, this site would be an excellent place to while away the hours.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work for Metagenics you must be desparate and crazy! The 'brothers' are an evil presence and are so disorganized that they like to hurt you and then smile about it. They never sign documents on time and then blame you for things being late. And their religion...good grief! Give it a break. We don't care!

Personally, if you are a no good, complainer, who doesn't like to work hard and are willing to put yourself there for a month or two and have it destroy your life, then good luck, you deserve to work at Metagenics.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you are so ignorant to seek a job opportunity and to base your opinion off of what is written on these boards then you are definitely not the person we want at our company. Metagenics is a great company with a lot to offer employees and their families. They pay very well, with good benefits and it's a place with a lot of good people who care about what they do. Please do us all the favor of cancelling your interview and go work for xymogen.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He he, we sure are kicking along just fine for the worst and most amateur player in Aus.
    Our market share is growing in every segment we have products placed, must be cos we don't know what we're doing according to you? With reasoning like that its best you don't have anything to do with our lab or facility, and we thank you for removing yourself.
    Please don't re-apply, ever. It doesn't sound like you would, but you can't be too careful when it comes to quality control.

'proper' neutriceutical company eh? Anonymous factless posts on the internet are such fun for bitching and moaning.
    Take care, enjoy life.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am considering working for either Metagenics or Xymogen as an account executive. I just want to know what is an average starting salary for both companies and how are commissions earned. Also, what is a realistic potential income after being with a company for one year and may be three years. Also, as a rep do you visit mostly Chiropractors or MDs’?
    I would appreciate it anyone can help with some straight answers. I don’t want be part of the Metagenics and Xymogen ongoing war, I just want to make a decision that is in the best interest of my family..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are going to "cafepharma" to find out what these companies are like to work for, neither company wants you. This website breeds hate and lame behavior.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask Clay why he left Metagenics (and went to Xymogen). His father inlaw owns Metagenics. That is all that needs to be said

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Metagenics has come along way. Once a company employs over 500 people (Metagenics over 700) the dynamics change. The hiring process is very organized much different than it was before. Being a cash based business (products not covered by insurance) they still grew last year and created new jobs and split territories. The retention rate is one of the highest in the industry. This site has a lot of disgruntled people and some who stand up for the company. Most people who left Metagenics both sales and non sales positions are typically because of personal situations. Not that they were unhappy with the company itself. The culture is fun and motivating. Metagenics is a different company than it used to be with appropriate leadership. Metagenics is making a difference, if that is your goal than I would encourage you to apply. Good luck with whatever direction you decide to take.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Helpful, but still how does Metagenics compare with pharma's:
    - Salary
    - Bonus range
    - Expense account
    - Car and type provided
    - Vacation provided
    - Healthcare and other insurances
    - Retirement plan
    I have heard it can not come close by a long shot. What is the truth?