Working for Ultradent?

Discussion in 'Ultradent' started by Anonymous, Aug 10, 2011 at 8:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone give me some input on working here. What is the culture like and how are Ultradent's products selling in the Northeast part of the country?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would not do it. Yes they have a lot of products to offer but nothing that is unique, creative or different. Ok you might be able to PQ1 but you cant convert enough dentist to make a living. Try Benco, Schein, Patterson or smaller dealers that have everything to sell like equipment, etc.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of Control and Micromanagement. Rah...Rah...Cheerleader attitude...you must fall in line like a good family soldier. No pay...if you bust your Arse you will make $80k, and you will be at the top of the company. Not worth it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Ultradent for three years. Obviously your experience all depends on your manager but overall I thought it was a great job. If you meet and exceed your goal you can make low 100"s. There is no car but you do get a decent car allowance. If you are coming from pharma the medical benefits are more expensive with a high deductible. There are a lot of products in their catalogue but their training is good and they have good products. It's a good place to go if you are tired of pharma.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the base pay? Bonus potential? How much is the car allowance? Frequent ride alongs?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"What's the base pay? Bonus potential? How much is the car allowance? Frequent ride alongs?"

Fuck you. None of your business.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your help! Now go back and lay around on your couch all day while you collect your paycheck you trash! Anyone else have any info please?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Made ya look

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Starting base is very, very low at around 50k-60k. If you hit plan you could make 80k but only a low percentage of representatives hit both buckets (equipment and consumables) to hit 80k. A nice place to start as first outside sales job, but not beyond that.

They do not require a 4 year or any college degree for reps or generally any position for that matter. The Sales and Training Director was a long time dental assistant of maybe 20-plus years with no college. Not to say that is necessarily always a bad thing but in this case, it is laughable. They seem to favor people that are coming out of a dental office role, such as front office, dental assistant or dental hygienist. If you have significant or advanced experience or come from a high base or earnings, you will not likely ever be hired as a sales representative here. They need people who will stay around so if you look too good, you do not have much of a chance.

People are nice, not overly qualified at any level, good products but all are commodities and sold direct so no distributors, lots of nepotism. You will be made to share a hotel room with coworkers at all events and training programs, which I had not seen for many years. Eww, for many reasons.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard a rumor that if the current and ongoing sales force expansion plans do not produce the levels of sales growth, that we will scrap most of the reps and sell through distributors. I can definitely see that this would be a viable path and possibly the only smart option seeing all of our products are pretty much "me too". Any thoughts?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That would be a blessing.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#9 is completely correct except no more sharing rooms.
    Company run like a cult. If you enjoy no boundaries between your work and personal life, there's a great big icy cup of Ultradent kool-aid waiting for you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard, from upper management, UD is having financial problems.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And trying to get rid of older reps

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not only getting rid of older reps, also screening out older applicants. I had a very qualified friend that I recommended that she apply for an open territory. Now I am horrified at how she was treated. She is over 50 but probably more qualified than most of our reps and extensive, award-winning dental sales experience. The questions and comments during the interview were 100% age discrimination. Their loss as she went to a competitor and paid $15K more base to start and better benefits. I am looking to join the company she went to as soon as there is an opening in my geography. R.I.P Ultradent. You get what you sow. I am embarrassed to be a long time loyal employee.