Worst Amgen DM ever?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re shitting us right? “Taking a case to an RSF and HR is complex and doesn’t happen unless there is documented underperformance over a long period of time.” This is laughable! HR and Staff Relationships are here to do what DMs and management in general say. They make their case. They are, tools, nothing but puppets, dummies that get rid of people they don’t like and anyone that challenges them gets written up and then the boot!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are still a few that needed to be weeded out in BHBU, that hide and have been here since the unit was formed.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total micromanager!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It totally boggles my mind that 1st line people managers are so incompetent to lead teams. The goal for managers (from the reps point of view) is to help them grow professionally and move obstacles out of the the way so the rep can grow business. The goal for managers (from the regional managers point of view) is to kiss their ass so that that the regionals ego is fed and fulfilled. The regional manager cares about making sure their insecure and delicate ego isn’t broken. Win The Heart and Win The Mind and you will win the representative. You break the trust and you lose the representative for a long time. Managers, don’t lose the trust. Know your representatives and trust them that they are doing their jobs. Don’t micromanage.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of these managers were mediocre reps at best. Then they are miraculously transformed into leaders by some training related mostly on how to complete FCRs and interview. Their entire job becomes covering up their own incompetencies. Anyone with more tenure and experience that is not kissing their ass becomes a threat.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is the only company that I ever worked for that sales performance was not the biggest thing that sales representatives were rated on. It was playing the corporate game and kissing your managers ass and even better if you could your regional directors.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try Pfizer. Just as bad or worse.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen has had the worst managers in my pharmaceutical career.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen, We suck as bad as Pfizer. Sounds like a great biotech.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The majority of the good and great managers left for better opportunities paying more. The managers who have stayed with Amgen 20 plus years are typically ass kissers or are just in a rut or Don’t want to change and grow. They are typically the ones that lose many reps.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My neuro manager--totally taking advantage of the situation and having nonstop conference calls during this quarantine just so she/he can go to her/his boss and say how great she is.

Ridiculous.

the calls are about nothing too

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With a tenured sales force, what is the purpose of a manager? We are all adults, we know what to do and how to do it. Most of us have been in the industry for more than 5 years. So, I ask the question again, what’s the purpose of a manager?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The majority of reps would not work without one.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then you fire them because they are not bringing in the dough!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Frankly, I don’t believe a manger (mine or any other) who has been with Amgen as a manager longer than 10 years. They want you to believe that Amgen is the pentacle of pharma/biotech companies. Having talked to others at small and large companies, I believe that there are many many opportunities for representatives at other companies that pay way, way more with similar benefits.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To needlessly suck profits away from sales reps and shareholders. Just MOAs and almost all other corporate meetings unless done virtually.

Basically, pure waste. God I hope they make me a manager. I am absolutely serious. Except, I at least won’t be a prick.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just like POAs ...... damn autocorrect!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hands down totally agree with you on this. The sh** I hear these managers getting away with?? WTF? Sorry but if a manager gets drunk and helps to push on of her own reps in a pool at a meeting (especially a rep that's one of her least favorites) and still doesn't get fired then managers here can literally get away with anything. This was actually on video! If we were to realign any time soon and somehow I ended up on her team I'd start sending out resumes asap. This particular manager ("KC" we'll call her) has got quite a history with reps coming and going. It's totally obvious she's a problem but HR continues to support her. Baffling.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another manger that has had really high turnover is MiDif in OBU. Such a waste of a highly coveted DM spot in a highly coveted team. In less than 20 months as a manger he has run off 9 out of 10 representatives on his team.