Worst Amgen DM ever?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The crazy thing about this post other than its be going strong for 4 years is that most individuals that have been mentioned are still at Amgen and some have been promoted.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The other crazy thing about this post is the fact that there are a lot of “tenured reps” who couldn’t find a job anywhere else. They are complainers who can’t sell, but still enjoy the paycheck and benefits. Many of them are bitter because they’ve been passed up for promotions or external jobs.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been here around 4 years. I've never applied for a promotion. I'm not necessarily on the bad side of my manager but I walk on egg shells with her and treat her w kid gloves. When she decides she wants you gone (for ANY reason... not for necessarily job performance) she will go to any length to get rid of you. Apparently managers can call HR and they'll start a file on you without you even knowing. Quite a bit of what they report is subjective to whatever she says. I know one person that left got no support from HR even though they had actual documentation that this manager lied in a few FCR's. HR was clearly on the manager's side. By the way this manager is a "protected population" and has been on a "probationary period" for mis-conduct in the past. Still though.... HR is nothing but her tool. I've watched and heard of quite a few come & go and I've seen the red flags myself. I'm otherwise really happy w Amgen and I just go along like everything is great and try to act like I like this manager so I can stay on her good side. I just don't understand why managers like this are allowed to continue this way.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PAWG?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager has repeatedly told me that HR works for the managers and does not work for the representatives. I have a list of things that my manager has told me about other reps (many of them HR issues). I could go to HR but I would be fired for some sort of cock-a-mamie BS that never happened.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in HR and you are all wrong. HR is in the business of protecting Amgen, period. We will turn on whoever we need to protect Amgen. Nothing else matters. Not reps, not managers, not "protected class" projects, not vendors - nothing. We do a cost/benefit calculation on the most damage to Amgen and move as needed. Get this in your tiny heads: you mean nothing.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As the cost benefit ratio will always show, HR will always take the side of the manager vs the representative, HR will take the side of Regional vs DM, etc.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If it looks corporate and sounds corporate, it’s corporate.The “perfect” HR response. It’s not a complete lie, but make no mistake about it, one rep is almost always completely powerless vs. a manager. It’s only when a manager has a series of events with multiple reps that will begin to trigger HR questioning the manager. This is as per a former manager.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As another post eloquently stated “HR works for the manager not the rep”. Representatives have the deck stacked against them.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Suck up to the manager and allow them to target someone else. This is how it works.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well my manager has many she's run off. Prolia peeps and Repatha peeps. She was on a roll in one territory in particular. As a matter of fact after the last one left she just decided to combine the territory w another smaller one. I guess they got tired of trying to keep it filled. She does whatever she wants. It's pretty funny.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She sounds hot.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers at Amgen have one goal in mind...work as least as possible. They get rid of those representatives that actually make them work. If you ask you manager to do anything be prepared to have your life go down the tubes. They don’t want to work. They want the easy paycheck for doing as little as possible. Welcome to Amgen!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also completely comical how they play the RBDs. Passing of the work they are supposed to be doing to the reps then playing it off as if they really know the business. Watched two neighboring DMs do this to the same RBD.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Daniel H needs to wake up.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mike D is not a good manager. I would encourage anyone and everyone never to work for/with him.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One definitely lives in Texas,

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

totally agree. HR always takes the side of the manager. My manager should have been fired last year but she kept her job .

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers always win. Reps lose their jobs.