Worst Company I Ever Saw

Discussion in 'Heartland Home Health/Hospice' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recently resigned as an Acct Liaison. I was horrified by this company and how they "hound" referrals every 2 - 4 weeks looking for a SOC. Felt like a vulture. No budget avail, Operations people who have no idea how to talk to a Dr!! Small shit of a company trying to run with the big dogs. Knew I was in trouble when I signed on and discovered it takes 6 months to enroll in the 401K, then they only match it at 1% on a dollar/dollar basis. Nice retirement! Medical benefits absolutely sucked. Biggest mistake I ever made.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. I worked for this company and the AEs who had been covering the territory I was assigned got to keep the only performing accounts. I was given the goose eggs and then wondered why I wasn't meeting the SOC goals.

And the hounding.... no budget for lunches or snacks is true.... yet the emphasis on scheduled appointments was insane.

Dumb and Dumber are running the midwest. Right into the ground.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma reps are not right for these positions. You have no drugs/Food therefore, you are lost. Seriously. Here is your wake up call to the rest of the sales world - it's tough. But you gotta know it now so you can prepare because most sales is much more work than pharma. I hope people read these posts so they don't get shocked when they leave pharma.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you make an interesting point however what Heartland doesn't comprehend is that in todays Health Care offices, the only way to access a Dr, PA, CRNP,etc..is the food (lunch, bagels, candy...). Less than 10% of medical offices make Sit Down appts (w/o the food/samples) and others simply have a "No Access" policy. Therefore the message is not getting delivered. In my area one of the HCR Manorcare homes has a Medical Director that works with a competing Hospice and the nursing home folks couldn't give a shit if Heartland got the Hospice business. See the disconnect??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but that is what every sales person faces, except for pharma reps. You see, you have to overcome those obstacles to be successful in sales. Same thing happens no matter what you sell. Although intangibles are much harder to sell, this all happens in selling widgets too.

Here is a clue. If you go for Medical directors or administration for your referrals you will not be successful.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a clue. The success of an account and continued referrals has EVERYTHING to do with the clinical staff who are actually there, intimately involved with the LTC physicians, nurses, CNA's and support staff. The perception of whether the Hospice is ''good'' has EVERYTHING to do with the relationship the nurse builds with the facility and not a whole lot to do with the marketing team dropping off bagels and schmoozing wth the ADMN once a month.

It is the facility staff who have the real power. They are the ones who know their residents and families. They are the ones who say to families considering Hospice, "" Heartland is the best.'' If the Heartland nurse is worth her salt, she has learned the intricacies of how the unit is run and builds a strong relationship with facility staff, patients and families. In addition to her clinical expertise, she will make a facility want only Heartland as the Hospice provider.

Heartland does not value the enormous demands and personal and professional skills of the Hospice clinician. The professional nurse who is the point person from A-Z of every case is treated like a dispensable assembly line worker. The marketing staff is honored as the ones who are creating the census. It's a ridiculous model and it's nonsense.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That one point is true. Clinical staff is whipped into bringing in the cash. It's sick.

I have heard from many sources that organ donation centers OPOs work the same way, they break their clinical staff, as well as their reps.

They give their reps quotas for how many consents to give up "the body" they must get. Yes, it's about meeting numbers! Yeesh, that's going down a dark road isn't it. Scenario: Car wreck, child is brain dead, you the referral or coordinator rep are at month's end and you are below your quota for that month. Do you think you can turn the screws tight on those parents during their worst day ever, just in order to get them to hand over the body, so you can pay your mortgage?

Wow, a dark road that is.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma reps need not apply! Losers, I have seen so many pharam reps fail in real sales jobs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I respectfully say, you do not know what you are talking about! I have been in pharmaceutical SALES for 16 years, and if you don't sell you get PIPd or managed out! The competition is fierce , between having multiple similar drugs and dozens of reps competing for the doctor and staff's time. You have to sell your product which they cannot touch or see so you have to actually sell clinically, understand your market thoroughly including the status of your drugs on dozens of formularies, not to mention Medcare, Medicaid, Hospital formularies. The knowledge you need to have to be successful is tremendous. All you people have to do is beg for referrals and hunt down sick and dying people. Get a clue! Pharmaceutical sales people have to be intelligent enough to gain a doctors respect and know the pharmacology of their drugs better than the doctor and deal with all of the rejection as well as all of the corporate BS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmaceuticals isn't a true sales position. I agree one must know the drugs and the product training is exceptional. As a Regional Director for a Hospice Company I will not look at a drug rep unless they have experience in another field such as equipment or b2b experience. I hired five drug reps and only one was able to grow the market. The problem as I see it is the pharma industry itself. They have turned their marketers into customer service reps. You take lunches, donuts, drop off samples and get signatures without ever seeing the physician(most of the time). It's one vicious and mind numbing cycle. I am sure there are a lot of quality pharma reps out there, but what the industry has turned you into is sad. I mean no disrespect, but this is what I see and hear from the folks that have worked in this industry.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I beg to differ. I left Heartland several years ago. I was in Pharma before and I got back in after I left Heartland. Oh, and btw, I made quota most of the time I was there. At one point I was over quota by 30 percent.

I do realize it is a business. However, this place has some true issues. You CANNOT see anyone without a lunch or anything, period. I don't care who you are or what you sell in the medical industry. Heartland never understood that it takes money to make money. Yes, know your territory and build relationships. But at the same time, the liaisons need the tools to do it.

Hospice has gotten to where it is like selling used cars with that mentality. I left because I knew that management and most at the home office were going to hell in a handbasket.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would agree with you, however I have a clinical degree and have worked in both pharma and now in this disorganized company. The CRM system is so messed up, and completely useless because they have mgrs that have know clue how to use it. At least big pharma was organized, knew their accounts, what people were within those accounts. They need to clean it up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would agree. Then why do you promote AL's who do not know how to manage people in a positive manner, no team work, rule with an IRON fist (that is true pharma mgmt), you should look at the guy they promoted in west mi, all about the numbers, not patients or their care. The Heartland way, I think not.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go screw yourself ass tard.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice response, I guess you're one of the losers that couldn't handle home health/hospice sales. You got fired from pharma and thought our industry would be easy. Then you get fired, nice life ass tard!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey any word here about Tracy Simmons or Jeanne Kalvaitis. Anyone know what happened to Jeanne Kalvaitis after 30 years at Vitas?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking for information on Jeanne Kalvaitis and Tracy Simmons

Anyone know what happened to Jeanne Kalvaitis and Tracy Simmons?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She's an hospice

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that quote ENGLISH??