Worst Company

Discussion in 'Ashfield Healthcare' started by anonymous, Jan 11, 2017 at 1:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is going to be a Concordia contract all over again. Spiriva is going to end and nobody will get paid out. Why do you think that for those of you who were hired in January don't get your TRAINING BONUS until JUNE? Wake up people! They can mail the samples (which they have started doing) instead of paying reps. Spiriva is about over and Stiolto jobs will be given to BI employees.

Your first clue about this sham should have been when Ashfield made you work for an entire month before they let you have health insurance. Couldn't even backdate the health insurance to your start date. That's shady.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here's my perspective on the previous post:
    1. Payouts coming 3-4 months late. We were told bonus payout for Jan/Feb/march will come in June. This is not different than any other bonus payout timing I've experienced with other companies. Granted, they are basing our bonus for Q1 only on calls per day, so theoretically it could be paid out sooner since they aren't using any sales data. But bottom line is the timeline for payout is similar to other companies.
    2. I do find it weird that they aren't using any sales numbers in our bonus for Q1. And the fact that they didn't have the bonus plan figured out sooner is mind bending. Completely unethical to not tell you what your bonus is based in until the END of the quarter. I agree, this should have been figured out sooner. And we should have our criteria for Q2 NOW, before the quarter starts, especially if the criteria changes (which I think it will). Sales data should be included in the bonus. And if it's capped for Q2, that is a huge mistake. Why work harder if you don't get more for it?
    3. Contract ending this summer. I haven't heard this. But the patent for Spiriva does expire in Jan 2018. With the indication change, (6 yrs and up) I heard it could extend the patent by 6 months. I do believe they knew that it probably won't last two years, and they falsely presented it as a two year contract.
    4. I was furious at the car allowance tax. So I looked it up. It actually is the way it's supposed to be done. And reimbursing gas at a lower rate, that's how it is done with the car allowance. To get the .54 (or .51 or whatever the government says it is now) per mile, you don't get the car allowance. In a lot of situations, we would be better off with the .54 a mile, in others the car allowance and .21 a mile gets you more money. I'm in the latter group, and my car gets awesome gas mileage, so I'm making money on the gas.
    5. I have the health insurance. It is better than what I've had with other contract companies.
    6. Training was a joke. Poorly planned. And sharing a room? I had never heard of such a thing. And had no idea we had roommates until I checked in. I was furious. If training would have requiring staying any longer than it did I would have lost my mind. Oh, and expecting people to fly in the morning of the first day was ridiculous. The gifts? As for those, I have low expectations for them. Granted, I've always gotten more than a $10 Starbucks card, but then again, I never had a training that was only like 3 days long either.
    7. The bonus plan (or lack thereof) is insane. We should know well in advance what it's based on. And Q2 should be based on sales numbers. Not frequency, reach, and calls per day on targets. Speaking of, the fact that we were forced to have only 80ish targets at mostly 6 calls per quarter is ridiculous. There are lots of places that have 10 or more providers. If I can only have 1 or 2 as targets, what if they are never there to sign for samples? If someone else signs, it counts as a call on a non target. We can only have 15% of calls on non targets. If we have more, it counts against us. If anything, they need to drop that. All it's going to do is cause people to record calls on targets even if they are not the ones they see. And it could effect sampling because if I'm close to going over 15% of non target calls, I don't want a signature from someone who is not a target. They are shooting themselves in the foot with this requirement.
    8. Speaking of sampling. What the previous post says is true. I can rarely sample. If I get more than 5 signatures in a week it's a miracle.
    And usually because I can get into sample closets myself and I leave 1 sample even though they already have enough.
    9. I know some people have had issues with expense reports. I'm not one of them. I went to the same training as the other person that posted. It's true they didn't cover much, but there was a live online training the morning after we went home from in person training. For those people flying who got home in the middle of the night, I'm betting they didn't pay much attention at 8 or 9 the next morning. But I haven't had an expense report rejected yet. Although some have taken ridiculously long to get paid, and I wonder what the hell is going on in accounting.
    10. For Q1, expense reports are based completely on calls per day. I would expect this to be capped. But future bonus plans better be based more on sales numbers and not be capped, if they are capped it's a joke. And they aren't going to see the sales numbers they want as a result. And we should already know what the Q2 bonus plans look like. The fact that we don't isn't right. And isn't ethical.
    11. I've worked contract my whole life too. I've had gripes with every other contract as well. This one does have more bugs than others. And is the most poorly organized. But it is a paycheck. And it is better than your unemployment running out and getting no checks at all. So I'm thankful for it, even with the BS. Don't get me wrong, I'm am in no way over the moon about this contract. There are big issues and big problems. And they keep us in the dark about a lot of things. I doubt the contract will last two years, I do think they lied about that. But then again, I don't know what the future holds. Maybe they'll want us to promote Stiolto when the Spiriva patent expires. We don't know. But if that's the case, I wish they'd just be up front and tell us the truth.
    12. I'm currently on this contract, and I am an employee in good standing. Everyone has different experiences and perspectives. And I'm just giving mine. I totally agree with some things the other poster said, and I'm not here to belittle or berate that person's opinions. I've read a lot of posts in other threads, and it seems to me there are a lot of complete assholes out there. Pointing out obvious typos, belittling people based on their choice of words, grow up. I'm not trying to be like any of those people. I actually got angry at some of the self absorbed, holier than thou, douche bag comments that people make. And it makes me embarrassed to be a drug a rep for fear that I get perceived as being like some of those people. So if any of the people that make those kind of comments want to rip this post apart. . . Rip away. I don't care and I won't reply and be a part of your mean spiritedness.
    13. I was mortified at my Amex being declined last week too. And I fortunately had enough money to cover it. Barely. And it three off my finances big time. They should have been more transparent and just told us what happened. Even if it was because they didn't pay their bill. Because some of the things people have come up with as an explanation have been way worse than that. People make mistakes. If they made a mistake just own up to it.
    To sum it all up, like I said before, everyone has different views and perspectives. And I encourage everyone to share theirs.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So My BI DM wants to know why I only leave one sample behind when I am only sent one case of (50) per month and the BI reps leave multiples of 10, 20, 30 plus per week. They are bullying and harassing. Why not ask the BI rep that reports to you to play nice in the sandbox and sample less so we can get access??

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Watch out when you give notice. A friend of mine was not paid her 2 week notice. They also had changed her from one BI contract to another with a lower base. They made the change early and shorter her salary. After the AMEX was shut off for a short time - due to not paying the bill --- everyone should be looking.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard about not getting paid the last 2 weeks from another co-worker who resigned. This company is clearly having cash flow issues. Perhaps BI isn't paying their bills???? Not sure but yes -- get outta here asap

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm so done with this bs!

My BI manager hates me and is micromanaging me and I am part time. Ridiculous! I'm about to resign if it doesn't get any better stressful as heck for a part time position with awful bonus.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The worst thing that could shave happened with this contract is having us report to BI managers. We should only report to an Ashfield manager. Are there any BI managers that are nice to us? We are a threat to them... Every BI position that opens is going to Ashfield. They see the writing on the wall. They will do anything to make themselves look better . They will do anything to get us to leave, quit or get fired. Now with the new asthma sales team they have another group ready to take their place.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup I'm done being bullied by a BI manager. I hate to give up a paycheck but I would rather resign then be terminated.

My Ashfield boss is great but doesn't have a clue!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, your Ashfiled boss does have a clue he/she just doesmt want to know. They see everything's coming up roses as they drink the kool aid

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do not recommend this company. I do not recommend this contract. I am currently in an area where ALL the BI DMs are ganging up on the Ashfield Reps. I am in an area where All the BI DMS are doing everything they can to create stress, division and chaos. Every rep has reported the abuse to Ashfield and nothing is being done. In fact if you document or complain Ashfield will side with BI. Your Ashfield Manager will not advocate for you. Your Ashfield Manager will take the side of BI.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you referring to GB?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its amazes me when I read these stories. Stupid BI managers sabotaging their own territory, because they suck at selling and at life.

The managers in this industry are terrible...and have inspired me to become a manager because there is a huge void for good people.

BI...I would never work for such a shit primary care company like that. Its for amateurs. The great reps/managers in this industry are not working for BI, trust me.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I notice nearly all the DMs have zero pharma experience prior. Same applies for the reps. Sorry but it's embarassing when I am with both my BI counterpart and BI DM. They know it all... They act like idiots and some get kicked out of offices,,, sample closets are packed but they push samples just to get a signature. It's pathetic.. If they did their sales would not be in the gutter and they would not need a CSO to do their job. This company BI is the Mickey mouse club. The above poster is correct - this company is the laughing stock of pharma.