Worst Managed Care Dept in Pharma

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right like where are the goals. Who in God's name is happy in this place.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Life is tough, tougher when you're stupid." - The Duke

"I was under the idea..."
    I think you mean "I was under the impression..."

"formularys"
    Typically the plural of nouns ending in "y" is is "ies". Fly-Flies, Dictionary-Dictionaries. Formulary-Formularies

I can assure you, the National Jardiance market share with Caremark/silverScript combined is considerably lower than 45% (that's 3x15). A can also assure you that a combined Caremark and SilverScript do not represent anywhere near 45% of the overall National SGLT2 market.

Caremark is a commercial plan, SilverScript is Part D. One can, for the most part, change their formulary at anytime. The other can only make negative changes once per year. It is very likely you don't know which is which.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Goodnight Snowflake.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never argue with a fool.

Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

Mark Twain

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better get back to your movie.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This might be the hardest I've ever laughed on CP. Ty.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would normally agree to a statement as this one but knowing the people behind the scenes involved, it was definitely not done based on economics.

C. Marsh strives again claiming she's a Managed Care guru but she's just plain old dumb! She has no clue what Marketing a product means and doesn't understand the clinical profile benefit Jardaince brings to the SGLT-2 class. I really don't know why Paul doesn't get rid of her as she's cost the company a lot of its potential success due to her poor decision making on contracting. I guess doing someone's dirty work helps you retain a job at BI and that's all Paul is concerned about!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marsh had very little to do with it. Was mainly SS, JS, AE and SW.

What's really funny about this whole thread is where was this thread for the past 2 years while empa was 1:2 with the market leader excluded at CVS Caremark? Oh yeah, reps weren't complaining then. Apparently they haven't been selling either. Only way for the field to drive sales is to have product in exclusive preferred position like Anthem. Otherwise it's bitch and moan about access.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny as hell and a perfect response to all the whining and crying.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Zzzzzzz boring.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth is, we areAll extremely lucky to have a cake job like this. If you are not out there selling your a** off you are a lazy a**!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You might not ever get rich
    But let me tell ya it's better than diggin' a ditch
    There ain't no tellin' who you might meet
    A movie star or maybe even an Indian chief (dot, not feather).

(Workin')
    At the BI
    Workin' at the BI, yeah
    Come on and sing it with me
    (BI)
    Sing it with the feelin' y'all
    (BI, yeah)

Read more: Rose Royce - Car Wash Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Read more: Rose Royce - Car Wash Lyrics | MetroLyrics

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very eloquent, especially that part about the "blanket of access." So much so that I'd like to invite you to call on my customers and explain that your job is protecting profitability by way of rebates, price protection and medical cost offsets. And when they ask you "What about providing access for my patients," what will you say to them? And remember, these customers are the people who provide a blanket of revenue for this company.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is that you John Wayne?
    I'm cowering and humbled by your sheer presence on this lowly site.
    How can I be like you when my testicles fall?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Job is to acquire profitable access. It's not access at all costs. Company won't stay in business very long if we do 70%+ rebates; on top of all other operating expenses. Keep in mind the precedent that sets.

Would happily explain to your physicians about the pricing considerations that go into gaining access for medications. Too bad your customers don't care at all. And if they really do have a bug up their ass about it, ask them why they don't prescribe our medications when they DO have preferred access? Or if they are SO sold on the efficacy and safety of our products, ask them to do a few coverage determination forms or submit to CoverMyMeds.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess the question is....how do the other companies stay profitable?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the last post. Every time we lose managed care coverage the profitability banner gets aired out for us to salute. How do our competitors keep the doors open? Let me guess: they're bigger and make up the loss elsewhere. Or they bundle. I doubt either of those are true and know one is actually illegal. We have the ONLY oral with a CV risk reduction indication, and our product is so much cleaner but we still lost out. I have no trouble beating my competitors ever day of the eeek with that data. Why can't you?

You are right about one thing: my HCPs don't care about pricing considerations. Your way wrong, however, to imply that our HCPs don't write when we have coverage. Jardiance is well ahead of its sales goals this year. And as to your other point, they don't see it as their job to jump through hoops to get the drug for their patients. They see that as our job.

Have you ever realized that we're expected to walk into offices and, after earning the business clinically, say to an HCP: "Hey doc, how about you write my drug for patients on plan X because we make more money there, but don't write it for patients on plan Z because we don't make as much money there?"

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And for patients with LBC don't save them more money by giving them a copay card, that costs the company more