Worst Managed Company Ever

Discussion in 'Sorin' started by Anonymous, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorin CRM Management, Full Contact Morons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim, you and your so called "Management Team" should listen more, return phone calls, emails and shut the fuck up from time to time and maybe you'll learn something. No direction, no leadership, manage by text and nothing in writing, you guys could fuck up a ball bearing. Can't wait for the national sales meeting. You may want to install metal detectors for the 30 or so pissed off sales people that are left can pass through. I can't wait to hear your line of bullshit as to how this is going to work out for the better. Oh my god, look the emperor has no clothes!!

Fuck with the guys who work and leave your dead beat buddies in place to give you lip service. How's that working for you?.

Here is my take on how you have fucked this up and how you have undermined everything you've touched in this company. Read on. This is your management style. Keep up the good work.

The recession is no excuse for ignoring, misusing, or demeaning talent. But hey, if that's what you really want to do, follow these suggestions.

The last time I checked, the U.S. led the world in productivity per employee. That's the good news. The bad news is that much, if not all, of that boost in productivity has come on the backs of workers, especially salaried types viewed by too many management teams as infinitely elastic resources. As one management consultant told me: "The average company takes better care of its copiers than it does its talent."

Many chief executives use the tough competitive environment as a handy excuse to put off salary increases, tighten the screws on performance, and generally drop any pretense of creating a human-centered workplace. But the tough-economy picture has two sides. Only those companies that make the effort to keep their employees productive by treating them decently can expect to see continued productivity gains. Much of the workforce has tuned out, waiting for a more welcoming job market to make career moves. Those organizations that haven't wavered on their commitments to flexibility, recognition of talent, and transparent leadership will keep A-list players on board as the job market improves. Their competitors may be wishing they'd paid a little more attention to employee TLC as employees start peeling off for greener pastures.

Here are five of the most insulting leadership practices, the ones that virtually guarantee a business will end up with the most self-esteem challenged, optionless team members when the dust settles.

1. If you desire a mediocre workforce, make sure your employees know you don't trust them.
    Nothing spells "You're dirt to us" like a corporate culture that screams, "We don't trust you as far as we can throw you." I refer to company policies that require employees to clock in and out for lunch or software that tracks every keystroke and change of URL in case a molecule of nonwork-related activity squeaks into the workday. When employees know they're not trusted, they become experts at "presenteeism"—the physical appearance of working, without anything getting done. Congratulations! Your inability to trust the very people you've selected to join your team has cost you their energy, goodwill, and great ideas.

2. If you want to drive talented people away, don't tell them when they shine.
    Fear of a high-self-esteem employee is prevalent among average-grade corporate leadership teams. Look how hard it is for so many managers to say, "Hey Bob, you did a great job today." Maybe it's a fear that the bit of praise will be met with a request for a pay raise. Maybe it's the fear that acknowledging performance will somehow make the manager look weak. Whatever the reason for silence, leaders who can't say, "Thanks—good going!" can plan on bidding farewell to their most able team members in short order.

3. If you prefer a team of C-list players, keep employees in the dark.
    Sharp knowledge workers want to know what's going on in their organizations, beyond their departmental silos. They want some visibility into the company's plans and their own career mobility. Leaders who can't stand to shine a light on their firms' goals, strategies, and systems are all but guaranteed to spend a lot of money running ads on Monster.com. Marketable top performers want a seat at the table and won't stand for being left in the dark without the information they need to do their jobs well.

4. If you value docility over ingenuity, shout it from the rooftops.
    I heard from a new MBA who had joined a global manufacturer. "They told me during my first week that I need a manager's signature to organize a meeting," he recalled. "They said I'm too low-level to call a meeting on my own, because unauthorized meetings of nonmanagers are against company policy." How fearful of its employees would a leadership team have to be to forbid people to gather together to solve problems? The most desirable value creators won't stick around to be treated like children. They'll hop a bus to the first employer who tells them, "We're hiring you for your talent—now go do something brilliant."

5. If you fear an empowered workforce more than you fear the competition, squash any sign of individualism.
    When you go to college, you learn about Economic Man, but in the corporate workplace we see that real people don't always act rationally. Lots of individual managers and plenty of leadership teams fear nothing more than the idea that a self-directed employee might buck authority. That's equivalent to shaking the organizational power structure to its foundation, possibly a fate worse than death. Leaders who want the most docile, sheep-like employees more than the smartest and ablest ones create systems to keep the C players on board and drive the A team out the door. They do it by instituting reams of pointless rules, upbraiding people for miniscule infractions ("What? Twenty minutes late? Sure you worked here until midnight last night, but starting time is starting time.") and generally replacing trust with fear throughout their organizations. Companies that operate in fear mode will never deliver great products and services to the marketplace. Their efforts will be hamstrung by their talent-repelling management practices.

How long will it take these enterprises to figure out they're shooting themselves in the foot? It doesn't matter—you'll be long gone by then.

PS, This message is from your entire sales team. This should be the best NSM ever. Motel 6 Atlanta? Food catered by McDonalds? Let's go drink some Koolaid.
    Thanks for all you do!!! And Happy New Year

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical Sorin rep - He copied verbatim from a May 7, 2010 Business Week article.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TD is kind of like Tony Romo. Talks the talk but cannot walk the walk. In other words, Born to loose. Sorin has been loosing so long, just listening to a guy that sounds like he really has the answers must sound appealing to them. He and his management staff leave you with a slimy feel. Its just a bad vibe and its starting to ruin the few good things that Sorin had going for them. Slimy and untrustworthy are now steering the boat. The boat that has and will continue to have a large hole in it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It starts with your in-house recruiter. Absolutely clueless! I know several, well qualified, management talent that didn't even get past the immature idiot that answers the phone to set up interviews. It's an immediate turn off to anyone with an experienced professional background.

You guys are set up to fail!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They love to hear themselves talk but nobody listening. Party like rock stars and talk about compliance. Clueless is the word that comes to mind.

Should look good on a resume Tim.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have just described CRM Management across the country.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe, but at least those managers create enough revenue to support their existence. Tim and company are like the leaves on a Tree with winter setting in on them. The leaf is Sorin's logo isn't it? The winds of change are upon them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tim and the boys do everything they can to kill anything positive. They treat their people like shit, no respect and never take any advice. Knee jerk reactions all the way, have no idea where people are. Laid off 30% of the directs but left 3 support people in Tulsa to surround the Managers brother who is a complete idiot. Good old boys club.

USS Sorin pirate ship where the beating continue until moral improves. There has to be a change made because these fools have sent Sorin back 10 years.

I give it one year before they bail from the US.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bailing on the US may be in the cards anyway...this country is reaching the point of diminishing returns for medical sales companies...much bigger opportunity in Asia.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since they combined the CP and Value divisions and left CRM out of the mix it seem that all they are concerned about is the CT business and let CRM go by the way side. They cut the sales and support force by 30% in CRM and are telling doc's that since they don't do business then they won't get service. It's now the doc's fault that they didn't up hold their end of the bargain. So fuck you. Let's see how that works. Asia, China and India are looking better as the new business model. There're done here. TD and his boys don't trust anyone because the are afraid of the the reps and are doing anything to destroy and undermind the guys doing business. They have cut service to most of the US and just trying to sell clinical that are not aproved by the FDA thinking it will be a game changer. Way to late to that. 4 Bad FCE's for 60 of so sites. That's not going to work

The FCE's we have are worthless at best. Tim just because you wife is a Doc you can't move and can't work unless you take one of your kids with you and charge the company. How was South Beach? Did you daughter enjoy that..?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? He sounds like he has the "in your face" attitude like a guy named Obama. Maybe that will work out for him. That is hillarious. He is really not a guy many "selling" reps or distributors speak highly of. Sounds like Sorin will continue to bleed here in the states and never pay for it own existence. Europe will eventually get sick of writing that check that never pays back.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought they had an investigator in Boston that was moving forward with the clinical that was going to take them to the promised land? This has been 6 years in the making and they still dont have the study started that will some day obtain the rights to market in the US? The patend will expire and the big 3 will have something similar before Sorin EVER gets their "game changing" CRTD technology through clinicals and submitted, much less ever approved for marketing. My money is they get beat to the punch by the big 3 if the technology is that good. Its kind of like claiming your the first with CRTD in the world, but you are last to come with it and when you finally do, its technologically inferior because of the managers they have making decisions in the US. Wow what a poorly run outfit. They had to pay 35% sales commissions and TD wants to change that? In the name of what? His management being able to do it better? Hahaahhahahah!!!! That is funny!!!

Those who create the revenue have the power, those who are paid mettle, do not. Thats the rule when you are like a 3rd world CRM company. Remember that TD. It may save your job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TD and management staff,
    I heard that Europe is done with you which is not surprising as they do with every mangement staff every 4 years or so. Maybe you can move towards CP and sell oxygenators or something. You could even move into event monitors as I understand the market is changing quite a bit. This gig makes you qualified since you, oh my bad, dont have a monitoring system. Sorry, my bad

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Richard Clark was let go. Smartest FCE they had too. Your ribs comment is probably true but he was not hired to be a beauty queen. He just put up with their incompetence for so long but he knows CRM better than most at that company. The companies overall corporate vibe makes their direct reps lazy and excuse driven. Excuses are all they have heard from anyone there longer than 3 years. All the good ones leave. Look at Doug W.? The strongest guy they've had in training ever and he's gone too? He made it 3 years? Something is fundamentally wrong when they hang onto the lazy trash that talks more than they do while removing the people walking the walk and making things happen. Its a threat to their overall corporate culture. Great gig for lazy asses while it lasts. It also threatens the managers, who are supposed to know more, but dont have a clue. Its corporate "keep your job" politics at its worst. Europe is along way from here and their culture has no sense of urgency. TD is trying to fix that but he is so outnumbered and not respected that its like yelling at the wall. Sorin cannot function like the GDT we knew and if they think they can make it that way in this environment, they would be sadly mistaken. The only way Sorin survives is when the hospitals do away with reps and are putting in 1500.00 pacers and 6000.00 CRTD's. Dont laugh, its headed that way so they might have a chance. The service component of CRM will be gone and the big three will be positioned into other markets where they can hopefully make it work. CRM is dying a slow death that medicare may accellerate.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is his brother? I assume you are talking about Aamir? is he at least producing revenue? 3 support people is a lot for Sorin, i have to assume they are kicking ass to have that kind of head count.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree. Who would hire him to manage actual CRM reps? Ah maybe there lies the irony as a larger joke hired him to manage reps that most companies would not call CRM reps. Now I get it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These guys couldn't find Montana on a map much less manage this mess of a company. That's what you get when you put liar's and crooks in charge.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Foolish boy...Why would they ever need to find Montana on a map? They don't have any employees there, training to locate geography would be a waste of resources.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the point in beating this dead horse. It's DEAD

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AM is a manager? Lol. He couldn't cut it as a rep, never negotiated any contracts and never hired anyone. Why wouldn't you make him a manager. No wonder Sorin only does 30 million in sales. That's a region in the big 3.