Worst Manager at Otsuka?

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Jul 21, 2019 at 8:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its the end of the month again and time to bestow the prestigious award of "Asshole of the Month". This award is given to those individuals who have proven to be royal jerks and be of complete disservice to the public through their noble actions, huge egos and absence of common sense! Previous recipients were Wayne LaPierre of the NRA, and Fox News with special awards to Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs for excellence in manipulating and brainwashing the American public.

This months award will go to the creator of the above comment. Well deserved, enjoy!! Management at its finest!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have only 10 years in the industry, but I disagree with you. You get paid A LOT of money for what you do. You don't create or service anything. It is your job to solve problems, ( besides you are supposed to lead, but that has been said already)! So you don't want to lead, you don't want to solve problems...what do I need you for??

Do me a favor! Stay home, mow your lawn, approve my expense report, play golf, whatever, but please stay out of my hair! This job is not rocket science. I am quite capable on my own. If you are not the solution to the problem, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Why are you even a manager? Because you were tired of being a rep?

Almost all ride-alongs are counterproductive. I have to "sandbag" calls well in advance so I have somewhere to take my DM to. I also have to tell my counterpart to stay out of these offices, so that we don't wear out our welcome, or the doctor says: " I have just seen a Rexulti rep", most likely because my counterpart or the Lundbeck dick was just there a few days ago. So, in the days prior to ride along, I basically don't work, or work just enough to cover my ass. When the DM works with me, he gets a dog-and-pony-show!! I think he knows it, but because he has not answers, he just goes along with it.

Do you ever wonder why reps report 8-9 calls per day, but on the days they work with you, you barely see 5, and 2-3 of these calls were absolutely worthless?

Unfortunately, it has come to this. But this industry created its own problems when Pfizer and Glaxo had FOUR!! reps per territory. Access has just become horrible, and senior leadership and management is looking the other way while collecting huge paychecks!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have only 10 years in the industry, but I disagree with you. You get paid A LOT of money for what you do. You don't create or service anything. It is your job to solve problems, ( besides you are supposed to lead, but that has been said already)! So you don't want to lead, you don't want to solve problems...what do I need you for??

Do me a favor! Stay home, mow your lawn, approve my expense report, play golf, whatever, but please stay out of my hair! This job is not rocket science. I am quite capable on my own. If you are not the solution to the problem, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Why are you even a manager? Because you were tired of being a rep?

Almost all ride-alongs are counterproductive. I have to "sandbag" calls well in advance so I have somewhere to take my DM. I also have to tell my counterpart to stay out of these offices, so that we don't wear out our welcome, or the doctor says: " I have just seen a Rexulti rep", most likely because my counterpart or the Lundbeck dick was just there a few days ago. So, in the days prior to ride along, I basically don't work, or just enough to cover my ass. When the DM works with me, he gets a dog-and-pony-show!!

Unfortunately, it has come to this. But this industry created its own problems when Pfizer and Glaxo had FOUR!! reps per territory. Access has just become horrible, and senior leadership and management is looking the other way...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely right, not only don't managers, create or service anything, they also don't sell anything!! Completely overpaid babysitters who often demoralize or burn out an entire district!! Have seen it many times before.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look no further than Andrea is FL and GA.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any low-level cop in America gets a psychological examination, but you can be a total idiot and become district manager of a pharmaceutical company or president of the United States!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's up to you and your team members (provided they agree with you) to get your DM removed! It can be done... Won't happen overnight. I was fully responsible for getting 3 horrible DMs demoted (at previous companies).

You need to create allies where ever you can, then come up with a strategy that everyone on your team agrees on. RD will probably protect her if he/she has no specifics.

Frustrate the heck out of your DM! Flush the toilet during conference calls whenever your DM speaks!! I did that and the DM had no way of knowing who did that. I was rolling on the floor laughing!! He could not get anything done.

You need to saw on the leg of the chair your DM is sitting on. Every day a little bit. I have become really good at that. Eventually the chair will collapse. It only takes one leg!! Create stressful situations for your DM! Work really long days during ride alongs...Be argumentative and challenge your DM constantly. Send emails galore with questions... every day at least 5-6. If every one in your district does these things it will wear the DM out..trust me!!

Backstabbing helps... need to be smart about this, so it does not backfire.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Document everything!!! Inform everybody in the home office!! Not just sales management!! Legal, HR, Product, etc.
    This is how you do it to protect your privacy: Write a letter to each department and put each letter in a a stamped envelope addressed to the respective department at Otsuka. Then, put all letters in one envelope. Send the envelope to someone you know from out of state! Have that person open the envelope and send all letters to Otsuka.

This way, these letters can not be tracked back to you.

One last thing: HR is NOT there to protect you. HR is there to protect the company. But, if the DM is in violation of any company policy, or creating a hostile work environment, it will help your cause.

Good luck!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that looks like a lot of work but paranoid people do a lot of unnecessary and unproductive work don't you?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point!! Totally agree. Soon I will write about how I got rid of one of my old managers! I am only working 2 out of 5 days anyways, so I can do it. However, between a major remodeling job and regular visits to the gym, it may be a bit before I post. It will be rather lengthy, but fun to read!!

In the meantime focus on getting rid of your manager. Don’t worry about your daily calls. At this point, there is no new information regarding your product that will change a physician’s mind anyways!! So your impact is practically non-existent. Besides, you have a partner. Sample drops with a smile are all you get these days on your regular milk route, so don’t worry.

Plot, deceive, manipulate, etc. it’s all good and justified! Whatever it takes to get the job done!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idiot can see where the letter was mailed from. Just look on the front of the envelope. If you think nobody is looking at that, you are terribly naive!!!!
    And no, it’s not a lot of work!!! Do it during business hours and you get paid to do it!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, but she's fine as hell...I'll keep her around for the eye candy

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try to get her in the sack... if you're good at it you have a job for as long as she is your manager.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But try banging her doggy style...it's easier on your back and you last longer!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Female here...women belong on top...works for me every time...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good to know, AS. Catch me at a national POA :)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am only interested if you bring 9 inches and a strap-on...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Watch your back. He'll smile in your face while he's sharpening the knife. Demoted from VP to RD then fired with one company. Demoted from RD to DM before getting fired at the next co. Ask his previous company how much they had to pay to settle a case due to his incompetence.