Worst RD Stories at Supernus

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, May 31, 2019 at 2:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This RD taught me so much, lol

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How this person made it this far in pharma is beyond me. I guess it’s a prime example of how friends take care of one another

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best joke ever. Life outside is grande

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this why we never get a real update on 812 or 810 at POA anymore?? I’ve been wondering.

They used to focus on it so much and now they barely mention it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t they file?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Certify with the script every time? No. My RD doesn’t. Maybe when corporate demands it every once in a while, but if it’s up to them, they don’t. They trust us to come prepared and we always do.

I’m one of the lucky ones. I actually have an RD that I like.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. I feel like they are given a company car for no reason. Having someone you don’t know well when you’re on the newer side is extremely odd and creepy for me as well as uncomfortable. I don’t feel like I need to talk about my personal life but they try to hard to dig it out of you. You are not my friend I don’t owe you information about my life.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ride along days are awful for exactly that reason. Mine always manages to say something inappropriate. It takes me a few days to wipe the slime off. Disgusting

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look, as a long time rep here, I can say I’ve gotten exactly what I signed up for.

We were recruited, at least early on, on building a pharmaceutical company that wasn’t like any other. A company feels as if it’s yours, knows it’s people are it’s best asset, and always does the right thing.

If you have a truly incompetent, inappropriate, disrespectful RD then something should be done. In my experience, they have weeded those out. Doesn’t mean some aren’t still here.

That also doesn’t mean that the style of management is way off. Your RD doesn’t need to be your best friend. As long as you both communicate and understand your common goal, you will be good. Yes, some are worse than others. But I promise they want you to succeed (bc their success*money* depends on you).

The next poster will probably rip this for being corporate kool aid, but it’s actually just a simple positive outlook.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience as a rep. That does not mean this is or has been every reps perspective. Consider yourself fortunate as it sounds like you’ve have a great RD since day one.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not quite. I’ve experienced a few different RD’s due to expansions, reorganization, and turnover. Some were good, some horrible, some great. I appreciate the sentiment you share though. By the same logic, we can’t be on here making generalizations about our companies leadership based on your personal bad RD.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they sending out the RD survey to the reps this year?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately that was for a specific training and not just to get feedback.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks TM

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

cant wait for our customary pre-POA conference call today. An hour of our boss calling on us to read the scripts out loud. Word by word. Paragraph by paragraph. Like kindergarteners.

“So what do you guys like about that?”

Good news is..... we get to do it all over again next week at POA.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This cannot be true. Seriously?!!!! I am so sorry if that is actually how an RD tries to prep you for POA. That’s such a horrendous waste of time.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, just for the last 20-25 POAs.

But sometimes they change ”upgrade” to “transition”, so it gives us something exciting to talk about.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Happens in my region too

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t worry bros. It’s worth it. This is going to be the best POA ever. Literally everyone at corporate is talking about it. They’ve never seen a plan so hot! Don’t forget to high five that awkward roomie you're about to hook up with at your second rate company sponsored stranger sleepover extravaganza. You know you guys’ll be reciting this shit to each other in your dreams

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The rooming situation is embarrassing. I thought they’d get rid of that years ago

Can’t we legally refuse to room with someone else? Has anyone ever tried to say no? Doesn’t this contribute to a hostile work environment when they don’t have our consent?