Would you leave for a start up?

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Jan 21, 2016 at 10:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are in your fifties and making good jack at a major big pharma company would you take a risk and go with a start up with one soon to be approved novel product in specialty? They only want seasoned veterans for reps.

Increased base 10k
    Stock options
    Small no partners

My concern is start up sells drug to another company, or sells the company if drug is a hit. Being in my fifties I imagine I would be in a tough spot if that happens.

Is it worth the risk?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, unless the stock options were close to 100k.

Your severance with you company is too good, and you have a stable situation.

Finally, you are retiring in about 10 years, so just ride it out.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hum, I am in the same boat only older than you. Having a hard time with this decision.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What company? I'm a seasoned rep, and I need to get out of my situation with my tyrant boss.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are in your late 40s/50s, and you can't deal with a tyrant boss?

Grow up.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They'll tell YOU they want a seasoned rep. They'll tell ME they're looking for entry-level, B2B. Both are guinea pigs to test the market to look attractive for a buy out or hack away when the market doesn't respond. Do some research. The "novel" drug will have another competitor launching the same "novel" drug, different delivery.