Wound closure rep

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking into this position in Omaha, NE. What are peoples opinion on this division? What is the compensation, QOL like here? Thanks for any input.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know Covidien's DUI policy for a new hire ? I had a DUI (no injuries,didnt lose my job, just reprimanded) 3 years ago but was wondering if that is a dealbreaker while in the interview process with Covidien ?

Any insight would be great....

Thanks

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your not going to get the job if you had a DUI you Dope..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, deal breaker.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, any opinions on the job?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were just a dope your chances would be good.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the basic info:

65k base 110k at plan but is uncapped. Anyone who says above 125k 1st year is full of it. You will need to kill it to do so. Top rep is around 140 to 150k in this division. You're selling mesh and sutures.

Car, cell and all of the bells and whistles.

Great position for a pharma rep, med non OR sales rep or strong b2b rep. This is not for the experienced OR rep. You'll leave within a year when something better comes along that gets you back into the area of comp you are used to.

Territory has been open for a while.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends, on how much experience in medical you have.

I've heard the salaries (with experience in medical) can be 80k and higher, for a total package of 160- 175k, but supposedly nobody gets that without having a few years of experience coming into the company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien isn't going to pay that. If you have earned the ability to seek that level of compensation, then Covidien suture rep is beneath you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting, your wrong twice in one post.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien will pay a higher base and total comp and only if you have 4-5 years of OR experience. The days of when they started the hernia division are loooooong gone. Plus the reps didn't get their raises this past year so.... I know a rep with 3 years OR who just went there and got 65k base 110k at plan. Read into this any way you'd like.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know of situations where reps had 3-4 years of experience, went to Covidien in the past year and have bases of 80k and above with an at plan comp of 145-160k.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and some have bases of 95k and more.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

most of Covidien's divisions will pay up to 110k for base salary depending on years of experience.

anybody with 5 years of OR experience is in a good position at Covidien.

15. PizzaTheHut

PizzaTheHut Guest

The RM for that area and his team are very nice folks BTW