Wow, what was Bob smoking? $18.5 million loss....

Discussion in 'Egalet' started by anonymous, May 12, 2016 at 12:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That 'earnings' was embarassing. Our leader stumbled through the call. My takeaways - only $2.7 million in sales, $18.5 million in losses and the executives gave themselves a pay raise. Now there's leadership for you. Oh and he eliminated the COO position (but not the dude). Rearranging the chairs on the Titanic?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shares down 50% since January, 39% year on year. Anyone know what Strobeck does exactly apart from pick up an obscene salary???

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know why they fired Deanne Melloy? - she seemed to be the only truly competent person in the whole rag bag team. Seemed odd given her pedigree, perhaps Radie and Strobeck were nervous that she'd outshine them. Not hard to do. I'm waiting for the harassment or discrimination case, lol

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They eliminated the CCO not COO. Threw Deanne under a bus. Strobeck is still here - unfortunately.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm an investor and looking over the forum. I hope she doesn't file a suit, the stock price is already melting because of her departure. Like $5.08 a moment ago. Probably best if the Board has the balls to fire the CEO and his ineffective team ASAP. These clowns have been at it for two or three years now, time for them to go. It's outrageous that they took any sort of pay award.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eagalet is Deanne's Shionogi Act II.

Chardonnay much?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shouldn't that be past tense...she's gone! Now its just Little Bouncing Bob to steer the ship. Sort of a chubby Peter Dinkledge character, but not half as charming nor trustworthy

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So with say 60 reps, that's like a fully loaded cost of about $9.0 million. Sales tracking at only $10.0 million......that's a loss, isn't it? Once you subtract cost of goods and marketing. No wonder shares tanked to $5.09 today. Time to move on to King. Egalet sucks.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now Deanna has gone, bye, bye Rohit and Tim.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish, is Rohit still here? Office gossip was that he was already looking elsewhere last January.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop knocking the company. The top men are sort of lame however Jack Lawler is a stand up man. Morale has been low lately but that's the problem with selling of an old generic drug. I'm in for the long haul. With prescription opioid abuse at record levels the FDA and AMA need our Guardian technology.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep on drinking the Kool-aid son, keep on drinking......

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KK from TN was telling me that Sprix is a disaster. Could marketing produce something that a real professional sales person can use?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tim in Philly is also seeing sales slide, he was in HQ a few days ago. We need significantly better products and sales leadership. I agree with the post above, our current materials are not good. I use the pack insert most of the time to detail from. Big problem is the disgusting taste patients get after usage. Docs tell me that this a real problem for ongoing compliance. I joined the company because I heard good things however I'm rapidly changing my mind.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any hints in selling this Oxyado product. Doc told me it's just the discontinued Oxecta under a different name. He discontinued scripting it because of stomach cramps and nausea. Already run into the taste objection numerous times on Sprix. In the Chicago area we're just getting a reputation for being a small generic 'me too' player who's short on innovation. Not sure what RR and the team are trying to prove but they've lost grass roots support.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Personally I've found that the docs/nurses/dentists and pharmacists that I speak with or try to detail aren't excited by either of these two elderly products. Just changing the name slightly hasn't done anything. While I see the logic to try and prove we can have a revenue stream I think that the downside in terms of company image isn't worth it. We're seen as a small, old fashioned generic company not a leading edge innovator. I concur with the comments regarding nausea with Oxecta and the significant bad taste comments with Sprix. Unfortunately there's stacks of great alternatives to both. I hope we have something real to sell in the near future, I really do. This isn't much fun.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My customers complain about the pain associated with Sprix spray itself. It's been suggested that it should be reformulated with lidocaine or similar. I have my doubts on this company. Bad leadership coupled with lousy business.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with the previous post. Sprix is painful. I'm suggesting that Healthcare professionals tell patients to exhale and gently spray the stuff up their nostril. Then gently sniff it. I think lidocaine is a great idea.