WTF happened today???

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Nov 13, 2017 at 2:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i may be new and naive....but how exactly can one fake concur? It's pretty straight forward. You either have a receipt or you don't. Sounds to me like you got sold a load of shit probably from the manager that fired them to cover his ass.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Except that you don’t need a receipt for anything under $50 as long as there is an electronic record attached in concur. And most of those don’t detail what was purchased. So you could go to store and say you bought soda for lunches and instead you bought toys for your kid. And then you got caught and fired. People fuck around in concur all the time and lose their jobs for a $20 cheat. It’s dumb and they deserve to get fired.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes you are new and naive, but you make a good point. It’s extremely difficult to “accidentally” abuse our expense account. Sure most people will accidentally use the wrong card every now and then , but if you “accidentally” label it incorrectly in concur , multiple times it’s no accident -it’s ignorant , deceitful, and you deserve to get fired.
    And as mentioned above , several vendors submit an itemized receipt electronically so even the charges under $50 can often show exactly what you bought. The manager didn’t have to cover their ass - the rep gave them plenty of concrete evidence, and they deserved it .

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and now all reps collectively around the country panic about their questionable expenses.....I think that's probably news to most

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DAMN!! Spill that tea, dude. No prisoners apparently

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Check that little + sign on your electronic concur transactions. If there is one, you better make sure it doesn't show you buying beer at the grocery store or whole bean coffee at SBucks. Because if it does and you expense that shit, adios. Bottom line, you make enough money to pay for your own stuff. Don't be a dishonest POS and you have nothing to worry about.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thieves always get caught- one got busted in my district.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who would think that cheating on expense reports is a good thing is crazy! This company pays at a minimum well over $100k with bonuses and you think it is smart to try to nab an additional $100 or so? I would gladly fire anyone so stupid. Really? What the hell are you thinking and if your character is so poor, you don't deserve this job. Show some integrity and do the job you were hired to do. But, to jeopardize you job over a hundred bucks is completely insane. Go ahead , cheat the system and get fired.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed ....
    It’s not that difficult don’t purposely steal and don’t get fired. It’s pretty simple.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No prisoners? How about no thieves.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All - Casual observer here but let me help. If you are about to lose your job because you are a thief or have done wrong then you need to repent and stop from doing wrong. On the other hand. If you are about to be fired because you are honest, refuse to go along with a policy that is unjust or illegal then you need to Google Qui Tam. Learn fast. Talk to the best lawyers in the country. Not the best in the state. I said country.

Second less. Send a letter to HR or your manager. Quote the law that is being broken. Under no circumstances log your complaint with the business conduct line. That is run by lawyers who will claim privilege. If you think that will save you please talk to a lawyer because it won't. Send a note to your manager quoting the law that is being broken. Say "illegal" and state that the law. CFR 820.????? or Sorbane Oxley Section ABC.123. Then print it and bring it home.

Be honest and above reproach in all things. But do not forget to quote the law in writing.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A Rep I know, got fired over REAL BS..... threatened a lawsuit and the company paid him/her off . This person got a better job and a nice chuck of change. I’ve never heard of a company paying someone off when firing them.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worst advice ever. Do your job and you won't get fired. These third rate reps have absolutely ZERO
    chance of ever litigating and wrongful termination or discrimination claim.
    Corporate banks on idiots taking this kind of clueless advise.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worse advice ever? Has simply stated that you should be honest but if you are fired for that honesty then you must put your complaint in writing to HR or management. What's wrong with that? Once you have put your complaint in writing your are covered by the whistleblower laws. If you do not put your complaint in writing then you are can't claim protection under the law.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And this one time at band camp .....

Did they get “paid off” or did they get a package?
    There is a difference / and packages are not uncommon. But if you pull the crap listed by the previous poster - you may lose that as well.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve never heard of this. Honestly, why would a company give a package to someone they are firing (if they had legit reason to).

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because they want them gone and its easier to pay them a stipend than it is to drag them kicking and screaming through the close out.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fuck Salix.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It happens all of the time- but it also depends on the circumstances: