WTF?

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I went thru training, everything was totally disorganized for me too. We were never given phone numbers for contacts, and if we did, no one every answered their phones. We had no welcome packet at the hotel we stayed at, etc. I find Otsuka to be like every other big Pharma company in many ways as they are just as focused, if not more, on metrics as every other company. BUT, they are far less organized than big pharma. I felt very isolated and alone in training. No one reached out to me, and it was not a favorable onboarding experience. I hated that experience. Training wasn't too bad, but again--no one to contact if questions. HR--who is that person now anyway?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post and #17 hit the nail right on the head. If this company aspires to be a great company like they say the do, then shit like that at the first impression meeting. You have to tell people where and what time to go, which is not only more productive, but less anxiety provoking. Why would any company want to make their new hires feel this way? Do they really think that is the way to motivate? It just pisses people off and makes them concerned they made a terrible decision.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious GB, who is accountable for a piss poor meeting.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went throught training not long ago, and it was terrible imo. We were given no information upon check in at the hotel, and no one knew what the heck was going on. The HR contact was not helpful either and messed up so many things. Then, it took months to get the 401 k stuff going. I also had no one to reach out to , my manager was hands' off and expected me to just know how to do everything. It was a distressing time. I also think Otuska micromanages worse than big pharma. I came from Novartis, and they are just as bad if not worse

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't believe anything BO says. They are worse than BIG pharma. There are metrics after metrics after metrics. AND even if your numbers are good, you still have to be concerned about their metrics. MEET them or else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two of my friends and I walked out of the HQ and never went back. We quit the day we were told we had to give up part of our salary. I don't know about y'all but that ain't happenin here. Otsuka is laying off soon

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious... but explain...who asked you to give back salary and what division are you in?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

terible micromanaging, lo bonus and big pharma mentality with more disorganization

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I smell BS here. Just a gut feeling.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep you got it all right. things were disorganized when I started last year. They made the onboarding process very painful. Yout get no numbers of people to call and if you happen to get a number, they dont ever answer tehir phone. piss poor onboarding disorganized and cheap company

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But remember...and you will hear this all 5 days in Orlando... via the token mouth piece, aka, Bob Oliver, WE NEED YOU!

Hey Bob... what we DONT need is 5 day meetings, role playing and cheer leading sessions!

HOW about... some managed care updates that are killing reps all over the country.

HOW about... when you make a change in your system, pull out doctors, it actually
    will happen and it will reflect in your next territory snap shot.

HOW about... NO winter meeting after dragging us away from family in October. Oh wait
    we HAVE to go in January because BMS will still be in the mix... that said....

HOW about.. buying out the contract from BMS and end their misery!

Thank you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about....you stop bitching like a 3-year old and be happy that you have a great job.
    How about...you get on board or jump ship because nobody like a miserable dysfunctional baby. How about...you take responsibility for your sales and stop blaming everyone else?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about you crawl back to your cubicle and report your findings to management you Otsuka troll? The truth hurts!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, Otsuka IS big Pharma.
    2nd of all, we don't need our "hands held". A little direction from time to time may cut it. They throw you out and expect you to know all their processes with NO explanation. Big Pharma-as far as Lilly, Pfizer, BMS, Merck at least give their employees some direction. We got none when we started.

Other than that, it's big Pharma and you're fooling no one by saying it's not. It's worse than big Pharma.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ditto ditto ditto!