Xarelto is a joke

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This drug is a complete bust already. You have no efficacy data, no safety data, the GI bleed rates are higher than Pradaxa and its 3rd tier everywhere. You're selling on QD dosing, less dyspesia and it can be put in a pill box--that's just sorry. You have quickly become the laughing stock in every office you have visited. When I show up, they actually make fun of your messaging to me. Although if I only had a 12% risk reduction compared to my competition having 35% I wouldnt talk efficacy either. Thanks for making my job easier. I hope you have something else in your bag worth selling otherwise bonus checks will suck for you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! If you were confident in who you are, what you represent and how you represent it you clearly wouldn't be here acting like a baby. Every time you post your drivel the bottom line is always how much you make in bonus, not much depth to that thought process is there. Enjoy your time off, relax, rest, and maybe take a long look in the mirror 'cause it's a little ugly in there now isn't it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like Pradaxa and Eliquis are going to kick our ass based on the responses I am getting from the cardios!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew that this drug was going to be a piece of crap when they started talking antedote at the meeting when our PI states we don't have one. Great plan and leadership. This company is terrible. We could screw up a wet dream.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pradaxa and Xarelto may get heavyweight competition sooner than expected. The FDA has not only accepted Bristol-Myers Squibb ($BMY) and Pfizer's ($PFE) approval application for Eliquis, their new anti-coagulant designed to rival the old standby warfarin, but also put on the fast track. With priority review, FDA has targeted late March for its decision.

That gives Boehringer Ingelheim, which makes Pradaxa, and the Bayer/Johnson & Johnson duo selling Xarelto, just four months to stake out their claims to the warfarin-alternative market. Pradaxa has something of a head start; it's been approved in the U.S. since October 2010 to prevent stroke in atrial fibrillation patients. Xarelto just won the stroke-prevention nod Nov. 4.

The problem is that Eliquis may well end up with a better label than either of its warfarin-alternative competitors. Pradaxa has strong efficacy data, putting it above warfarin at keeping strokes at bay, but so-so results on the risk of severe bleeding. Xarelto is seen as equally safe, provided patients aren't taken off the drug abruptly, but perhaps not as effective as Pradaxa, if "non-inferior" to warfarin.

Eliquis, on the other hand, boasts some strong clinical data showing it's better at its job than warfarin and safer, too. Analysts are predicting it will climb to the top of the market for alternatives. Deutsche Bank's Barbara Ryan, for one, thinks Eliquis could surpass $2.5 billion in sales, Reuters says, with $250 million right out of the gate in 2012. "Our estimates could prove conservative depending on the degree to which warfarin is displaced and the likelihood that Eliquis will hold the No. 1 (market) share position," Ryan wrote to investors.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as a hcp, analysts don't interest my attention.

also, i wouldn't put it pass pfizer, who just lost lipitor to generics, for "padding" their clinical trials to appear more favorable.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Xarelto...2 FDA Indications. Revolutionary !

That's why almost every hospital in the Nation has put Xarelto on their formulary !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch BCBS of MI as of 1.1.12 Xarelto is tier 2. Shooting your mouth off when you have little clue as to what the future holds; people like you are a disgrace to pharma. Get the hell out before your slimy attitude ruins what left of a great job. The future you predict will be told in the next year, we'll see who is talking shit then won't we?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha ha ha, you fool. 1/3 of the patietns in the RELY study had a CHADS2 scre of 1!
    Good luck with that...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha, 2/3rds were suited for warfarin. Whereas rocket-af is per protocol analysis that the FDA stated quite clearly should NOT have been undertaken. Do you think you guys can go against the full might of our government?????

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey fool, what's the average chads2 score?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow!! How much off the top and back-end rebates did we offer BCBS of MI to get this sch-weeeet deal? I am so glad gone are the days when an insurance company made decisions based on safety abd efficacy and now just on price. This should be an easy formulary win, with pradaxa's superior efficacy and safety compared to us there's no reason for them guys to cut deals. Gotta love new world we live in, gotta live it

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Xarelto...2 FDA Indications. Revolutionary !

Sucks that it'll just sit and collect dust on their shelves

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'them guys' wow, you're a bright one.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a big bad joke on people with afib

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apixaban and dabigatran patients would have probably shown superiority to warfarin if they were put on a double dose of baby aspirin.