Xartemis XR FDA Approval

Discussion in 'Mallinckrodt' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, but stock dropped $3 today??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We only bitch after we're given assurances during initial interviews that XXR will be approved soon and it's one delay and excuse after another. Some of us left prior positions based on the conveyance of trust and speculative representations. The contract offers are contingent upon XXR approval so our angst and anxiety is well grounded. Legacy MNK employees don't have their short-term careers hanging in the balance of the NDA outcome.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many times has Mallinckrodt been acquired and sold?
    In our current business climate, the new big pharma r&d is to acquire small pharma and biotechs that have products ready to enter the market with huge upside potential.Pfizer would bolt on the branded business and move the generics to their established products business unit (which is already full of generics). They would gut the non-core imaging business and sell it off, just like they gutted Wyeth and sold off non-core divisions. Unfortunately, MNK fits their acquisition target profile perfectly.

You do your best and try to ignore the distractions that are beyond your control.Successful, experienced contract reps have been screwed over repeatedly by big pharma promises and are seeking a few years of any employment stability.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With Mallinckrodt announcing that all future vacant positions would be filled with InVentiv contract positions, what would keep Mallinckrodt from going with the newly hired inventiv sales force and laying off the direct hires?

Nothing would surprise me with this organization at this point.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I truly hope you naysayers are still around to learn what MNK is really like as a company. This is the same company that went out last year and found two co-promote products, so that they could keep full employment while we were waiting for the FDA to work its magic on XXR. XXR is a real product, that will be on the market very soon. Right now, what is probably happening is the language around abuse resistance/deterrence is being tweaked.

You can bet that MNK would not have spent all that money if they didn't think it was a good investment, and pretty sure of XXR approval.

This company is built on a very solid foundation; that's why it has been around for nearly 150 years. Who else do you know that can say that about their company? Pfizer? Merck? Ventiv? Cadence?

Piss and moan if it makes you feel better. I'm putting my money on MNK for the long haul. And I'm not in management or home office.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recent MNK ownership changes:

Avon

To

Tyco

To

Covidien

To

Spinoff

Doesn't exactley scream stability to me. Not to mention the myriad mgmt changes with each subsequent change of hands.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have it your way.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Potential buyers of MNK: Pfizer, J&J, Actavis and Valeant.

None would make a move until after the Cadence deal closes and until the XXR situation plays itself out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO you are the CEO jackass give me a break home office loser. I believe that they will let your ass go also when this XXR thing does shit for them if it ever gets approval. It is going to be way to expense and it's own generic drug Xalago will take all of the Market Share because of it's 5 dollar price tag. Good luck to all of those Ventiv people who are getting screwed over by these two heads in there asses companies

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's so nice to have such positive, agreeable people to converse with on this board. You always bring out the best in a situation.

Dipshit.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a Ventiv rep who came over after quitting another job. Boy did i make a mistake!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you guys are so great at what you do, then why did you leave you previous positions?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so many people eventually get caught up in contracts ending or layoffs.
    one day you may find yourself in that situation. play nice.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya, the key is don't leave or even give notice to other job until new one is 100% official. ESPECIALLY if it's contingent on a new drug getting approved, because you never know. No matter how promising or probable... You just never know.

So what is the word? When were you (inVentiv folks) suppose to start? Did the FDA give Mallinckrodt a new date? I saw an opening in my area for this contract and if it could still happen in a few months, I'm considering applying.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cry me a river, this is the fate of contract reps!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left my previous position to work at Inventiv because of the higher salary which I'm regretting now. I was a 2 time president club winner but the company I worked for didn't believe in high salaries. I basically interviewed liked what I heard and was offered 84k plus a decent bonus plan so I took the job mostly because I was angry at the company I was working for

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call BS

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure this delay is frustrating for everyone. I left my former position as this sounded like a great opportunity to return to the pain category where I 've had prior success. So far, the training has been top notch, the tech tools first class, unsurpassed analytics coming, good colleagues both legacy and conract.

Can someone in the know please give us an inkling as to what the sticking point(s) is/are and what is a realistic timeline to expect a resolution?

What should we expect to see over the next few weeks? Is this contract really in danger of being terminated? When corporate insiders say they haven't heard from the FDA, have nothing to report and are not taking questions, it's disconcerting to say the least.

Thanks for any insights that can be shared!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you haven't been paying attention, the hold up seems to be around the labeling of the product. Seems like mallinckrodt is really pushing for specific labeling which is why it hasn't been announced. Product is approved but we want certain labeling with this approval. My guess is that when the approval is announced, we may not have the labeling that we wanted which is prob around the abuse resistant technology. The way I see it, blow out your current goals and be ready to kick some but after launch meeting. Goodnight.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Personally, just not going to worry about this anymore. Whatever will be, will be. Such is the world of Pharma. We all choose to be here, and more often than not the choice is fruitful in terms of making a living, etc.