Xeljanz

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought it was odd when I got second background check request. But my record is clean not even a parking ticket, nor do I have a criminal record. There are zero red flags.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My thoughts too. I’m guessing they couldn’t find the original background check info or maybe it never was completed properly. Otherwise how does requesting the same info again mean you’re prolly getting the job lol

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Background checks cost money. At first, when they asked me to submit my information prior to my face-to-face, I figured they wanted to properly vet all candidates before moving them forward.

So perhaps the information was lost, or the initial check wasn’t a thorough check. So I am guessing the second check could be more thorough.

Regardless, after going through a face-to-face, a panel interview, and then meeting with the RD- I cannot see why, a week later, they would ask for this information again and spend money running a check if there wasn’t genuine interest.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not sating they aren’t thouroughly interested in you ..and I truly hope they are bit unless the second background check was diff than the first background check then I can’t see why it’s better or any diff for a candidate
    My guess is info was lost, misplaced etc. They could very well be asking the candidate yourcomleting with for the same info again too

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Background checks are like $20 for criminal and driving record. It’s not like they are breaking the bank running them twice. I have received two background check in my interview process. Both initiated with two different people. It’s most likely they were pre screening initial interviews and those were either discarded or lost. I was told verbally an offer is on its way so I am assuming if you got a 2nd background check things are looking good. I would follow up with the DBM and do a temp check.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually followed up a week after my panel interview (but sent a thank you note the day after the panel interview of course) and then received a second request for the background check a week after that (which was last Wed).

So I will just sit tight and see what happens. Hopefully they will let us know either way.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

will everyone please post when you start getting offers or if you find out you didn’t get the job too.
    It’s Wednesday & the time line they’re supposed to notify us is by Dec 1st.
    I’d just like to know to see where I stand relative to my offer/ non-offer

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am dying to know too.

I would just like to be told either way.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a few things.... even internal candidates do not yet have an answer. My guess is on December 1st or next Monday will be communication from HR/DSM. Here is my rationale - a candidate needs 30 days to pass a drug test prior to the start date (early January, right)? Same holds true for background tests. I submitted my background in early October. Can folks who had to conduct a second background check tell us when they did the first one? Pfizer hiring policy states a background check needs to be done “no earlier than 30 days prior to the start date”. If this is the case, maybe it is true folks who are being asked for a second background check are hired???

http://www.pfizer.com/files/b2b/108.ContingentWorkers_Attachment_B_DrugBackground.pdf

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a few things.... even internal candidates do not yet have an answer. My guess is on December 1st or next Monday will be communication from HR/DSM. Here is my rationale - a candidate needs 30 days to pass a drug test prior to the start date (early January, right)? Same holds true for background tests. I submitted my background in early October. Can folks who had to conduct a second background check tell us when they did the first one? Pfizer hiring policy states a background check needs to be done “no earlier than 30 days prior to the start date”. If this is the case, maybe it is true folks who are being asked for a second background check are hired???

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My first background was October 26 and the second one November 22.

To quote Pumpkin from Pulp Fiction, “Be cool, Honey Bunny, be cool.”

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My first background check was done online via a link HR sent and was over 30 days ago (Oct. 17th or so).

The second was requested on Wed the 22nd. Also via the same link I originally submitted for my first check. Upon opening the link, most of my information was prefi

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mine around 10/20 and then again on 11/22 also.

Funny thing is; most of my information was already pre-filled when I clicked on the link the second time. So I am guessing it was a refresh

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I called and talked to HireRight. They don’t typically conduct a second background check unless there was missing info etc. However, it appears that Pfizer has requested the second background checks - not initiated by HireRight. So, I would actually say this is a positive sign for those individuals with a requested second check. Bummer

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the 2nd background checks are done on november 22, 30 days puts it at December 22nd. If the start date is sometime in January, your logic doesn’t make sense. They must have screwed up the background checks and needed it done again.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Understood, but if there wasn’t genuine interest, they wouldn’t bother running it again.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

running a second background check which appears to be the same as the first doesn’t constitute more interest. More interest would be contacting references. Background checks go through the same info - even if done twice.

Anyone have references called by the manager or HR?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They called your ho mo son at the bathhouse for personal reference.
    He was squealing like a hog.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point. They haven’t asked me for references.