XR

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Sep 30, 2016 at 5:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hyderabad: Lupin Ltd., India’s third largest drug maker, on Thursday said it has received approval to market generic version of Allergan Plc’s Namenda extended release capsules in US market.

Lupin got approval for 7 milligram (mg), 14mg, 21mg and 28mg capsules. Namenda generically called as memantine hydrochloride is used for treatment of moderate to severe dementia of the Alzheimer’s type.

Namenda extended release had US sales of $1.22 billion for the year ended June. The approval assumes significance for Lupin as the drug maker is the only generic player in the extended-release capsules segment of Namenda in the US.

Namenda XR capsules can be taken once a day compared to tablets taken twice a day.

Actavis Inc. bought Forest Laboratories, the original maker of Namenda, in July 2014. Last year, Actavis acquired Allergan, the maker of Botox, and it changed its name to Allergan Plc.

Namenda is among few available drugs to treat symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease, a progressive brain disorder. It most frequently occurs in people aged above 65 years.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think the PC sales force understands how big this is. Namzaric only brought in $13 million last quarter. Think that will support 1000 reps selling it?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Come on man! The other blockbusters will keep that ship afloat- Viebzri, Linzess, Vraylar, Bystolic, and the soon to to be Byvalson. These are some Gold Standard Products!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typo for the spelling police VIBERZI!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the generic has been out for a year. Fucking morons.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha...yea, of IR. They are referring to XR, "moron"

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is hilarious. Love reading threads like this. We are all screwed!! At least I know I can laugh still because after working at this crappy place for so long you never know.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be one of the stupidest people in this company. And that is saying something.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was one of the main reasons for that bulls_ _t teleconference yesterday. Push Namzaric because XR will most likely be generic soon. Then soon after so will Namzaric.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet it happens fast.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is this why the hospital sales force is getting this drug? I'm

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ICP only paying on Namzeric in Q4. I guess "Transparency" was the term last year.