Yesterdays layoffs

Discussion in 'MWI' started by Anonymous, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear 90 people lost their jobs yesterday at MWI. Time for the margins to come up!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You heard correctly.... Across the board through all divisions

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

600 people in all, replacing with temp workers with no benefits.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So were these people who really did deserve to be let go or not? All reps?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was through all areas...inside sales managers, warehouse people, some people in credit and a few outside sales reps. Best I can tell it was completely random as to why they took some but not others. A few instances where two people in the "same area" and the one who was let go had better numbers and margins than the one who stayed.

All I can say is that if you are still there and the logo on your company shirt wasn't MWI this time last year - watch your back. This just looks like round 1 to me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes people,enjoy the perks while you can..................remember it is a stock company

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

going down

MWI Veterinary Supply Shares Sinking Lower, Down 5.6%

Published on Fri, 07/25/2014 - 11:07
    By Mallory Stone in Market movers, MWIV, market movers, mwi veterinary supply, nasdaq:mwiv

One of today's notable stocks in decline is MWI Veterinary Supply (NASDAQ:MWIV), down 5.6% to $137.84. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is now trading 0.6% lower to 16,973 and the S&P is trading 0.3% lower to 1,982.

MWI Veterinary Supply (NASDAQ:MWIV) has potential upside of 21.7% based on a current price of $137.84 and analysts' consensus price target of $167.80. The stock should run into initial resistance at its 50-day moving average (MA) of $141.92 and subsequent resistance at its 200-day MA of $158.76.

In the past 52 weeks, shares of MWI Veterinary Supply have traded between a low of $101.00 and a high of $188.40 and are now at $137.84, which is 36% above that low price. Over the last five market days, the 200-day moving average (MA) has remained constant while the 50-day MA has advanced 0.4%.

MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. distributes animal health products to veterinarians across the United States. The Company distributes products sourced from various vendors to veterinary practices from several strategically located distribution centers. MWI sells products such as pharmaceuticals, vaccines, parasiticides, diagnostics, and veterinary pet food.

By Mallory Stone
    mstone@fnno.com

Share on facebookShare on twitter

More Sharing Services0

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has MWI ever paid dividends on shares ?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: going down

Look at all 3 nation wide distributor stocks on Friday, Idexx announced a direct model starting Jan 1, This is why the drop, Anyone carrying idexx is going to take a big hit in 2015.

The layoff was less than 60 and most were warehouse that was closed in Phoeinix AZ, The corporate were overlap positions and the outside were indeed under performing chronically but always once step ahead of the ax.

With MWI already having Abaxis they are already positioned better than everybody else in the diagnostic category, I know the others will scramble to bring them on but a head start is a head start.