You don't need expenses.....

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by anonymous, Jan 31, 2018 at 2:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's always been the Patterson motto. "You don't need expenses covered, you make enough money to cover it. And you can claim it all on taxes."

I've heard this one too, "Would you rather we docked everyone's commissions and provided cars?"

I'm starting to wonder if we are going to get the latter with the new tax plan.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's the least of what they're planning. Dig in now, it's gonna be a bumpy ride through year end.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Share if you've got more fun ideas to share.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Start looking around it's beginning to look a lot like June 2016 again. That's what's up.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awesome. I can't be that lucky.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do ya think Misiak, Rogan, Gugino have the best of the worlds? Do they pay for their own cars, do they have expenses covered????? You better believe they do and they are not afraid to use the company credit cards. They have lived very well on our backs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not defending the four horsemen but most execs at companies our size have these perks. That said they're not above screwing the workers to increase their perks and bonuses...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s All fine and well, but most company’s who have underperformed so badly, would have directors that would have booted these idiots out the door at the first sign of trouble...about 5 years ago.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well we're not most companies and our board sucks as bad as any I've seen. But what's going to change it? Nothing short of a buyout or a complete collapse of the stock. That's about all that will change the status quo

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What expenses are incurred by reps? What, if any, is reimbursed?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Phone, computer, ipad... car, lunches, travel to and from Accept program. Did I miss something?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are these expenses reimbursed?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are 100% on your own buddy. Don't expect anything from this company......your horse...you feed it!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’d rather feed my own horse so I can make my own decisions in the field. I don’t mind being self sufficient and self supporting.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think being reimbursed for essentially mandatory expenses will take away from your sense of independence by any stretch. I think at the very minimum reps should be reimbursed for lunches with clients, mileage but with stipulations, and a universal technology stipend to reimburse for phones and computers. They are many reps tho, so I see Patterson's expenses ballooning if this were done. Corporate is on the "fit to win" initiative meaning cut or limit as much expenses as possible so I doubt reimbursement will happen anytime soon.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t want a car - who wants to drive a traverse or Taurus around town? Not me. Car or miles paid for will equal being tracked. What’s that bullshit the rookies use - runzheimer? Fuck that.

Lunches - who has time for lunch? Now that we have been “enabled” with SAP I I’m lucky to eat dinner. I make my DR pay for lunch 90% of the time. I might spend $200 a year on food.

VIP and Accept - if I go, vendor pays for it. I don’t go unless it’s a sure thing. I usually do a VIP once a year. I’ve always had my accept paid for. I go usually once a year to an accept in Dallas or Scottsdale, as well. I’m not much of a traveler so I usually sell close to home.

I like using my own computer - I disable tracking. If I’m not paid a salary, it’s nobodies business where I am. If I want to play golf - but still make my numbers, F off. No tracking or geo tagging for me.

Change in expenses will result in a compensation change. That’s what I want to avoid. We have been cut enough. Go sell your cerec so you don’t get hit 1% in May.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then stop hiring so damn many people/managers/directors in MN. Start giving us realistic goals and help us be competitive. Paying customers to buy from us like the block party promo isn't creating value, it's comoditizing reps and is money that could be best utilized to make ya more competitive also pay for expenses. . One could argue that's old news but with the 2% raise on the wholesale of all sundries, cuts in commissions from a few years ago and the loss of exclusives this place can't get much worse. Well short of the 4 horsemen gaining more power...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left Patterson a few months ago and went to a competitor. The change did me good as well as the customers who stayed with me. I needed a breath of fresh air after all the bullshit the assholes in MN threw at us. I don’t know why anyone wants to stay employed at this company when all the autonomy, flexibility and fun has been taken away....not to mention the commissions! Those guys in the north don’t give a damn about anything but themselves. I wish the board would wake up as well as the new CEO and see that the 4 dopes have ruined this company. I always thought I would retire from Patterson but these guys took my dedications and flushed it. I am happy st my new company as much as I was unhappy at Patterson.