YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Mar 11, 2016 at 12:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in pharma 25+ years and you may say why would someone get on someone else's board and comment about someone else's company...because I care and this lady Kathy Kobe is insane! I think most leaders in pharma mean well and all of us have had micromanagers in the past but this lady will take it to a whole new level. I worked with her at Novartis and my best friend worked with her at B&L so we do have extensive experience with her. She does not care about you or the patient at all. She only cares about metrics, call #'s, and growth. If you have multiple quarters where these metrics are not met...Chopping block...no questions asked...so if you really need the job just know you have been warned...if you have an okay job with a good manager stay the hell away from her because eventually she will get you

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Troll Alert!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this flat Ronnie? Baba Booey

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it is Wendy or wait its high pitch!

Ronnie is too busy planning his bachelor party at Scores.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

El Nino.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is very True

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have 20 years in and half of them are with Shire. I agree completely with your assessment. I truly believe this woman has a serious character flaw and the fact that she has only worked for Perry really questions his abilities to lead as well.

Hey Perry, we all realize your pit bull gets numbers for you and that she obviously is going no where, but how about a little coaching? Do your fuckin job! I mean everyone has some development opportunities. Maybe it's about time you stepped up unless maybe you are afraid of her. Although it's more likely you are afraid of Flemming and he's the one who wants her here -wink, wink!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She may seem quiet right now as she is getting her ponds in place with this new Shire BU but give her 6 months to a year and you will be dreading you left your old position. It doesn't matter because the drug will do well. You could be President's Club 1 year ( like I was at B&L) and 2 years later I was gone because I was at the bottom third of the company. We also had great products at B&L and did really good but this lady came and ruined everything when she came from Novartis.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kathy Kobe...

Novartis= ended with lawsuits
    B&L= ended with lawsuits
    Shire= my prediction this will end with lawsuits as well

At least she is consistent...I giver her that!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny how history repeats itself. She is a total mush!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this Gary the Drunk? Baba Booey

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No it's kobe, the most qualified whack packer ever.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just playing devil's advocate here but if KK is so bad, why would reps from Neuro Business Unit be coming over? Surely they would know and be celebrating that they're no longer under her leadership right?

Oh, let me guess. These people that are coming over to the OBU are losers and/or suck-ups? Usually losers don't finish in the top 10% though, right? And it's been my experience that suck-ups don't finish in the top 10% either - they suck-up to leadership because their performance sucks and they have to overcompensate. The best performers just do their thing and let their results do the talking.

What do you care anyway? Obviously you're not going over to the OBU, so MOVE ON. Bitterness will eat you alive.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have been advised-lawsuits for discrimination, wrongful termination......
    This group also fabricates data, numbers, reports to reward the suck-ups, or followers; all from the backs of the actual workers=more lawsuits. I am afraid you will see this fraudulent behavior. Until you are no longer needed. You see, they love to keep people around who are not as intelligent, and have no back-bone-people who will not stand up for what is morally correct. That is how these type of people carry on. They promise to promote their followers. These people are not qualified or the best people for the job, they're just connected. I know the people that have come over from Neuro, Bausch; and they disliked kk and perry very much....and now they are regional managers, and district managers, senior reps.......must suck looking in the mirror everyday knowing you got your job by kissing the ass of the devil himself. The devil always collects.....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are coming over to escape the NBU because it's abundantly clear that ADHD or neuroscience is NOT part of the long term plan at Shire. Many if not all fear the demise (sell off) of this BU. There is NO pipeline and they will squeeze the life out of this cash cow unless they can unload it to pay for more "Biotechy" things.

That being said, people are kissing her ass for a seat on the Opthamology lifeboat and are basically playing the game, nothing more. 99% of those coming over despise KK and her bs antics but unless you are a ZD, you don't have to deal with it every day - just play the game. It has been said before on other threads..... People smile at her, nod their head and then laugh about how inept she is behind her back. Just watch all the texting that goes on when she's on stage. It's all about her and what a tool she is. Selling their souls is an appropriate description.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is absolutely true. When Perry arrived at Shire the first thing he did was move out all of the intelligent leadership who helped build this company. And I'm not talking only sales here kids. His insecurity ran much deeper than his sales leaders.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great post - - - there are a few bitter NBU reps that were not given an interview for OBU! Kathy didn't want them to ruin the launch! I say get rid of them from Shire!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And there my friends is the genesis of all that's wrong with Shire..... "Kathy didn't want them." When you are the VP of sales, yet set the strategy, ensure it's communicated and then GET OUT OF THE WAY to let your team do the rest. She is WAY too involved in everything and will never be a true LEADER! If the leader of your sales team is involved in hiring decisions three levels below her, then something is wrong. Look it up. Any advice on leadership 101 validates this. Kathy is a control freak that should never be more than a DM at some small niche' pharma outfit.

I won't even go into how some of her methods and decisions have failed yet she stays true to the now antiquated Pharma model from her Merck days. It's probably the last time she ever received any coaching or development. Sad..........

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may not like it and you certainly do not seem to understand, that is her job. That is how it works.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets add to this the masses of B&L reps who worked under her who are now boarding with Shire. If it was so horrendous, why would they? There are other places they could flee to like Sun.