You heard it here first. Mallinckrodt to be purchased

Discussion in 'Cadence Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In today's news. Seekingalpha.com

With Mallinckrodt having its headquarters in Ireland, they are in a perfect position to be acquired by a foreign company looking for an inversion target. An example of how Mallinckrodt could use its strong balance sheet can be seen from the recent deal where Actavis, which is headquartered in Ireland, agreed to purchase Allergan, which is headquartered in the U.S. Actavis gained a strong drug portfolio, and will be able to lower the taxes that they have to pay on Allergan earnings. Mallinckrodt could selectively target companies that would fit in there product portfolio of specialty branded pharmaceuticals, and special generics.

Mallinckrodt would be an attractive acquisition target because of its strong growth potential, and because it is located in Ireland. This possibility would have been more feasible before regulations were implemented that made inversions more difficult to complete. If there were a company looking to try to invert, I believe Mallinckrodt would be the best target, because they have had the highest growth over the last five quarters. Using the Fidelity stock screener, I searched for healthcare companies located in Ireland that had a market capitalization of at least $5 billion. I found eight companies including Mallinckrodt that were located in Ireland and I looked at the revenue growth rate over the last five quarters. Included on the list of companies was Medtronic (NYSE:MDT), and because it recently inverted I excluded it from my list of Irish companies. As the table below shows Mallinckrodt has the highest revenue growth of the last five quarters, which I believe makes it an attractive acquisition target.

Company
    Symbol
    Quarterly Revenues
    Growth Rate
    ACTAVIS PLC
    ACT
    9.92%
    ALKERMES PLC
    ALKS
    3.65%
    ENDO INTERNATIONAL PLC
    ENDP
    3.69%
    JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC
    JAZZ
    7.20%
    MALLINCKRODT PLC
    MNK
    12.53%
    PERRIGO CO PLC
    PRGO
    2.29%
    SHIRE PLC
    SHPG
    5.73%
    Valuation

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all know this is inevitable. They are looking for a quick sale for quick money!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will be rewarded for our hard work and dedication by being tossed out like trash. I agree this will be the worst meeting ever. Everyone has high anxiety and morale is incredibly low. They have completely devalued this strong senior sales force and everything is just for "appearance" to get the company acquired. Sick.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mallinckrodt PLC logoMallinckrodt PLC (NYSE:MNK) Director Don M. Bailey sold 33,891 shares of Mallinckrodt PLC stock in a transaction dated Friday, February 13th. The shares were sold at an average price of $114.63, for a total transaction of $3,884,925.33. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 136,605 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $15,659,031.15. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blogger Quoth the Raven notes that in its 10-Q Mallinckrodt (NYSE: MNK) disclosed they are being probed by the Texas Attorney General's office for Medicaid fraud.

From the filing:

In late November 2014, the Company received a CID from the Civil Medicaid Fraud Division of the Texas Attorney General's Office. According to the CID, the Attorney General's office is investigating the possibility of false reporting of information by the Company regarding the prices of certain of its drugs used by Texas Medicaid to establish reimbursement rates for pharmacies that dispensed the Company's drugs to Texas Medicaid recipients.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5 Things You Must Do Immediately If Your Company Is Being Sold
    1. Do not panic. In many cases when a company is being sold, employees just may benefit. What if the new operation can provide more resources and more opportunities for your career? Maybe the benefit package is tremendously better than the existing one in place. It is common to react with a little trepidation when learning that your company is being sold, but panicking is not helpful without having all the facts.
    2. Find out all the facts! Ask questions to everyone of your managers or anyone in a position to know what is about to take place. It is very common for rumors to spread that in many cases may be far from the truth. In addition, most sales or acquisitions of businesses fall apart. A company sale can take months to conclude so it is critical to fact find as much as possible to decipher what plan you may need to make for your own self interest. This bears repeating: most sales or mergers fall apart. This can be an excellent “wake up call” with regard to your career.
    3. Prepare now to interview even if it is not necessary. Even if a company is not being sold or you have no intention of leaving your job, having a current professional resume is absolutely essential. Updating your resume periodically is extremely important. In addition, now is the time to begin networking with others in the event a job change may be imminent. Begin looking at all of the networking media and job boards available for leads. Now is the time to be pro-active in searching for new opportunities even if you may receive a severance package. One never knows how long it could take to secure new employment.
    4. Be creative. Perhaps this is a time in your life that you have needed (like a kick in the pants) to explore a new venture that you have always wanted to do. All of your work and life experience just may add up to the very dream that you have always had. Now is an excellent time to seek out new adventures that just might be out of your comfort zone. Maybe a new industry, a new title, or even entrepreneurship. Maybe this is the break that you have been waiting for to launch your self into your own business. By being creative, you just might find yourself in the work that you may have always dreamed of doing.
    5. Remain an asset to your present employer. This is not the time to slack off because your job could possibly be eliminated. Now is the best time ever to show your employer the very best that you have to offer. Offer value. Not only to your employer but to your fellow employees. If you are a tremendous asset to an organization, then a sale or an acquisition may not effect you at all. On the other hand, if you find yourself needing to search for a new position, your colleagues can absolutely assist you should they (themsleves) land a new career position. In many cases, new employees tend to recruit their former colleagues. Being a valuable asset to an organization especially during a transition time is vital to your immediate future.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wtf is the guy above talking about. My God you are loser. Why only top 5. Poor # 6 didnt make the list. So unfair to #6. Smells or discrimination, racism,sexism, feminism, exorcism, mongoloid-ism, patriotism and fascism.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We hope you get let go first. In fact, we are counting on it!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you are correct. Working here sucks. It is such an embarrassment and by extension we are embarrassments. Sadly, some people think they are excluded from that truth.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually enjoy my job. Everyone loves Ofirmev except for pharmacy. They hate everything. Actually I think they love suppositories! If you don't like it here get the fuck out. You probably suck at what you do anyway and are just here to suck the company tit !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F*ck Off!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meet me at the general assembly on Monday so I can kick your fat ass in front of the whole company you little pussy. Go back to primary care and get 8 signatures and go home to your fat wife!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i agree only pharmacy is upset. I have not had one customer outside of pharmacy feel this company has no soul, that Ofirmev is worth the 35$ price or that we were being greedy.

You know i just explain to them that we were on the verge of going out of business and that we arent going to ever raise the price at least not for a long time. After all , it costs like 57$ to make each vial. As long as you dont think about what your saying it could make sense.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious!! Price increase is coming again!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, F*ck Off!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loser

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally...
    You are recognizing what you are

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest