You never grow grey at JNJ

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The word is definitely out there. Once you hit 50, you are a target to be let go due to age. Anyone have any concrete examples of taking this company to court because of age discrimination particularly with downsizing? I know that they usually mix the ages and post the ages so people don't get the idea that only middle aged employees are let go, but it seems that the less than young don't last here even when they are 54.5 years old and have been with the company for 25 years.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total BS. Have been with JNJ for years and while the company has changed, you show me a company who has not. Lets stop the pot shots at JNJ already. Like all other organizations we are simply trying to weather this very uncertain health care environment.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CSO's recently hired for IM/Retail are of this age so this helps the company cover up the age issue. However, compared to other companies, appears there are many older reps than those typical hired by other companies who like those recently out of college, young 20-30's. You will see a good mix of 1 in the 50's and most mid30-40's in districts, plus the CSO reps in late 40's or mid-50's makes it look balanced.

I think companies will hit anyone who has a higher income if they can pay lower salary--- so if someone starts with lower wage (CSO's as an example), no matter the age-- the company saves money if they can let go a JNJ with a higher salary.

Make sense?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Uncertain" ?????
    You mean whether or not companies will be able to keep up some of the shenanigans they occasionally get caught doing????
    Yeah, occasionally more often lately....that's indeed "uncertain" unfortunately.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I LOVE IT !!!!
    yes...that's the truth...no matter what the "shit can" contracts say when they toss you out...
    Over 50,..head not up someones orifice ??...you are toast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta check in here more often !!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would J&J get rid of you if you are better at your job than a 25 year old?

If you are slow, inflexible, moany, and negative influence you are gonna get fired, irrespective of age.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I've no idea why ?? Let's ponder that.
    Can't be salary? Accrued benefits, maturity and judgement ?
    No, can't be that.
    Why does a dog that is 26 years old and dumber than crap lick his own butt ?
    Oh,..he doesn't..he gets 25 year old's to do that.
    A "negative influence" is what this company might have used the last few years...don't you think?
    Or don't you think.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is absolutely true. My DM drove me out of the job. My numbers were as good as anyone else in the district and yet she put enormous pressure on my. I am talking to an attorney. I'm not going to let JnJ get away w age discrimination.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The attorneys know what they are doing.
    Demographics charts and better than average "severance" papers to sign.
    Who's got the funds to actually sue them ?? Who keeps those kind of notes and records, if you are not expecting it, or an otherwise honest person ??
    A sad mess.!!!
    It's a "job"....that's it !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

contact Jackson & White in Arizona - they have a case going

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age discrimination is part of the new credo, haven't you heard?
    The other key part is profits at any cost. J&J lost its moral compass long ago.
    Remember its only a job. Just do enough to keep off the radar, nothing more.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One on one we lose. The best way is a class action no matter how few the number is right now. We can also sue with cooperation of additional suits. We all go after them one by one and we are dead. That is what they are hoping we do. Post any info from legal firms wanting to represent us here so we can join in. It is time we band together and screw them the way Pfizer reps took them on for overtime and won. By themselves there was no hope.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At former COBI now JBI they're transitioning all of the young reps out of a hospital franchise in order to keep the "tenured" reps calling on long time customers. By end of year the old timers are all laid off. Brilliant strategy by unscrupulous management. They think no one knows what they are doing. Pathetic.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The plan is simple . . . make it unattractive for people who are too costly to stay . . . . . oh darn, didn't realize I was talking about you older folks.....too bad you cost so much, what a coindicence.

Seriously, the general rule is JNJ will pay up to 40K to make you go away; but your attorney may cost that much. If you have $75-$200K or a hungry continency atty and 2-3 years you will likely get your money back plus a little.

Execs have been sloppy . . . . if you can find the right staff to be deposed you will win big, but most folks aint talkin. If you can get the smoking gun you will win big. DONT FORGET TO DISCUSS DIMMUNITION OF SKILL SET with your attorney.

Good luc,

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The plan is simple . . . make it unattractive for people who are too costly to stay . . . . . oh darn, didn't realize I was talking about you older folks.....too bad you cost so much, what a coindicence.

Seriously, the general rule is JNJ will pay up to 40K to make you go away; but your attorney may cost that much. If you have $75-$200K or a hungry continency atty and 2-3 years you will likely get your money back plus a little.

Execs have been sloppy . . . . if you can find the right staff to be deposed you will win big, but most folks aint talkin. If you can get the smoking gun you will win big. DONT FORGET TO DISCUSS DIMMUNITION OF SKILL SET with your attorney.

Good luc,

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luc,

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was let go at age 60 and 30 years of service

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you are not complaining as you did get grey and also received 60 weeks serverence plus your retiree benefits.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one should feel sorry for you. You received 60 weeks severence plus full retirement benefits.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody gets 60 weeks. Two per year to a max of 26 weeks. Perhaps this person had hoped to continue working. Not everyone wants to retire.