ZB CHI

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:01 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Outside looking in
    What is going on here? Reps leaving in droves, 2 surgeons have started using medacta med pivot for knees & long time user now using accolade stem g7 cup

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. Medacta? What are those fat guarantees to convert? I may go also if they are willing to pay up for business. Can wipe my ass with my non compete.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are officially the worst run Orthopaedic company around. It’s been awful to see the decline over the last 6-8 years.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Zimmer was a powerhouse in Chicago in 90s and 2000s. Pay to play high profile surgeons training a generation of users and seeding Chicagoland with Zimmer friendly surgeons who also found “opportunities” within the organization.

The first wave of consultants were cut after DOJ investigation in early 2000s which had minimal impact on the business. After all half the surgeons cut in the first round contributed minimally to Zimmer. Each lost 20-40K/year in consulting fees. Hardly enough $$ lost to get pissed over and switch business.

Then the Biomet merger. This was a bigger disruptor to the growth model deployed by Zimmer (and other major companies) in the 90s and especially in Chicago. Now guys who were waiting in the wings for bigger opportunities found themselves being pushed aside to protect the big deals already established for the old Zimmer docs and the old Biomet docs.

It would be interesting to see how other Zimmer and/or Biomet strongholds have fallen to the likes of Medacta, DonJoy, Exactech, Microport, Arthrex. I would guess it mirrors what Chicago has witnessed. The old Zimmer and Biomet docs have lost some influence over others who now see them as nothing more than company spokespeople. Still experienced and still respectable but no longer as successful in building a loyal following for the company.

The Zimmer model was doomed to fail. Eventually people realize they a) aren’t that important as a consultant b) aren’t being paid enough to maintain loyalty c) have better opportunities trying to build something else from scratch.