ZB Surgical

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, May 15, 2016 at 11:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stryker sucks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To poster 40

I suspect you are right, the previous poster is one of the former Stryker guys, probably one of the managers.

Yes, Stryker will dominate with the new Neptune, and the new power when it comes out while ZB Surgical is pushing old Dornoch units and god awful power. Putting that power equipment in our hands without and legitimate upgrade for over four years is inexcusable.

But yes, we have CTC... and is Storz coming?

With all of these mediocre acquisitions don't be surprised if they split Surgical into 2 divisions. BF becomes the Director of sales of the new one.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Despite all the talk of growing the bag through aquisitions, as soon as the LDR announcement was made we knew surgical would keep getting screwed. Storz? That's hysterical. Way too expensive and no one in Warsaw has the balls to actually enter a new market segment.

Hadn't heard they may split surgical. Seems like GR has the cabilities to be a good leader but he's spent so much time on corporate boondoggles. BF has his moments but at least he's focused on developing the sales organization. It's not good that both are Midwesterners. The guys on the coasts are neglected. I'm focused on closing out the year strong but will look for greener pastures in 2017 if there's no improvement in the 2H.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Storz wouldn't necessarily have to be an acquisition. Could potentially just sign a deal to carry that bag. And while it is a new product line for ZB we do have a lot of former Stryker Endo people.

Most of management is either in the mid-west or Texas. There are some guys with talent, but the structure of the organization doesn't make sense and the support and resources just aren't there.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After all the hype about new products, please tell me the above post is a joke. If GR suggests at the next meeting that we sell anything not owned by Zimmer Biomet he had better be prepared for the team to walk out. WTF.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe they buy Storz? Maybe it is like every other rumor and it won't happen? Plus if you make the same commission rate what does it matter?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GR's phone must be exploding. Only thing holding the house of cards together were his promises about bunch of pending acquisitions and higher commission rates. The other shoe to fall in 10, 9, 8...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jesus, I feel like a real cunt for even reading half of this stuff. GR is going to sign a deal with Karl Storz? GTFOH. GR is just another good ol' boy trying to ensure that his Endo Boys have a good run at making Zimmer Surgical seem like a good investment to ZB leadership and making a few dimes in the process. Zimmer Surgical just spent their "mini-load" on a CTC acquisition that affords them the opportunity to grow a 10-15% market share to possibly 20%. Superb. Hope those calf wraps sell at an alarming pace.

Should we spend money on competing with Stryker? No way, let's buy another mediocre company with mediocre returns on investment and tell the sales reps this is a good opportunity to hit our growth number! How much do you actually think it would cost ZB Surgical to buy out Karl Storz?? You think Zimmer Corporate and it's shareholders will go for that? ZB surgical is losing it's ass to SYK surgical solutions, Medline, Patton, and Owens and Minor in their biggest product category. (Tourniquet Cuffs)

I've seen enough of Zimmer Surgical to realize the following. You guys are screwed without leadership that actually gets in the field and sees the forest for the trees. Anyone can tell me my daughter is the most beautiful ray of sunshine but if they've gotta change her diaper it's a different ring tone boys. Zimmer Surgical is the most Bush League act since milli vanilli.

A few of you pole smokers on here obviously work for Zimmer and think you're going to see the light at the end of the tunnel while a few of you work for Zimmer and realize the problem at hand. I salute those of you that realize a problem and try to actually find a solution or even voice your concerns. That's how progress is actually made. Don't bitch about a problem, rather find a solution. The sad few who drink the Kool-Aid GR feeds you are in for a real treat. Swinging doors embrace even the brownest of noses when numbers don't meet what their leader targets.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The stock market disagrees

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The current stock price has no relevance to ZB Surgical. You can thank your pals in Extremities and Sports for the stock's all time high price.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So we took the kids to Disney World last year. We had so much trouble keeping the kids in line. The wife and I finally worked it out by letting each kid take turns choosing the next restaurant.

Since we apparently don't have a fucking strategy, it looks like the M&A guys have taken this same approach. Each division gets to choose what we're having for dinner tonight. What asshole thought Medtech was a good idea? Another French company? Neuro navigation? Up next, the dental division to decide between Chili's and Cracker Barrel.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha. This is a great analogy

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought the same thing today. Who's making these decisions? Seriously? I call dibs on the Dental division buying "Power Swabs". Am I the only one who wonders how a multi-billion dollar company is able to even function under these circumstances. A part of me thinks there is some wild Ponzi scheme taking place where implants and surgical products are made by two elves in a tree employed by DD and GR. Santa answers customer service calls and Baby Jesus sends out recall notices. The joke is on us folks..Get ready for rain.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wouldn't it make more sense to purchase a company that puts in orthopaepdic implants?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What sports???? You guys and DN don't have a clue what sports is!!! Your a joke in the marketplace...arthrex is the leader.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smith & Nephew will pass Arthrex as the leader within 24 months.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Crickets from the surgical team. Can't wait for the meeting. Do they actually work on any new product developments? Or do they spend all their time on "research" and cleaning up after the last FDA visit. Or just more whining about a lack of resources. We can't even get a refresh on the $hitty Dornach device. WTF is everyone doing in Dover?

20. Coming from pharma, I can't wait to join the Zimmer Surgical Division! I've read and heard things on here about the competition but it can't be that bad. I'm told that if I hit a little over quota I'll be able to pull in about $300k. I thought that this field was primarily commission based but it sounds like it's a split. Is this pretty standard? People are saying that the pendulum is swinging Zimmer's way versus Stryker. I just wanted to get some thoughts from those out in the field. Is this a job I can make a career out of or is it something else? Thank you