ZB Surgical

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, May 15, 2016 at 11:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All is quiet in Dover since big Boss left. Shay went to N.j. so went do you think this overseas thing will happen?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So how is the new guy that too Robin Barneys place doing in his new position?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear GR is about to pay heavily for their plans to undercut their recon brothers while short changing their surgical reps at the same time. Good luck GR. Let's see how many of your reps stay on board with this new comp plan. Enjoy March and your second quarter.

Taking away reps planned income and selling it back to them as a "bonus"? Do you think we are idiots? Karma is a MF.....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't get it. GR needs to keep commissions predictable and transparent. His focus should be on adding new products to the bag. Jerking us around on commissions and a non existent product pipeline is not what we need.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surgical leadership is going to have to go back to the drawing board to reconfigure compensation. I can't imagine many reps are going to stay with an organization that continually tries to grow it's sales force via cutting commissions and capping your income potential.

Zimmer Surgical will never compete or maintain quality talent while changing their pay structure EVERY single year for the worse. We continue to hit our numbers and then have to listen to a shamefully thrown together web-ex purporting quarterly incentives. How many of the sales force are at 100% quota every quarter? That's not how our business cycle works and they know it.

The sad part is that this glorified "hype-man" known as GR bounces around at every meeting pretending to care so much about his sales force and touting the "family culture" of this division while taking the food off our families plate.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heads up.. Received a call from Surgical Instruments earlier tonight. They're looking to recruit a few Zimmer Surgical Reps who can move to a position in SSS for one year to wait out your non-compete and go after facilities specifically with TQT business.

After one year you're guaranteed 6.5% straight commission but it is literally 2.5 times what we make here and they give you a guarantee. Check your Medreps and LinkedIn accounts. This Zimmer Surg ship has sailed people. Our leadership has screwed us and SYK has taken notice. A two year guarantee is better than what we've been offered at Zimmer.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I received a job offer as a parking lot valet attendant at the local hospital. The tips seem pretty generous and it pays $8.29 an hr. I'm pretty sure that triples my new zimmer compensation package. On top of that, they are offering a company golf cart,hospital t-shirt, and a walkie-talkie. Moving on up!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came across an article today that I thought was rather spot on after reading a few of these posts. It's from Forbes but as Surgical management says, "What does Forbes know? I'm from Cleveland." Completely laughable while paying their Dover employees pennies on the dollar to do a thankless job in a terrible location.

I hope this article finds specific individuals in management needing of a serious lesson in business management.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ilyapozin/2015/01/20/7-ways-to-lose-your-best-employee/#5262f1a6d746

Let me highlight for those of you unwilling to read.

##The Cost of Your Best People

A CAP study estimates it can cost up to 20 percent of a mid-range employee’s annual salary to replace that employee.
    For example, for an employee making $40,000, the cost to replace that employee would be $8,000. That’s just for a mid-range employee. For highly educated executive positions making $100,000 annually, that number jumps to 213% of the salary. That’s $213,000 lost if your best executive quits.
    _What happens when you cut your sales forces' compensation? They leave.

##No Rewards

_We don't want your bullshit trips and iPods. We want money. That's why we work

##Dishonesty

Being dishonest with your employees might be one of the fastest ways to get rid of your best employees.

Generally, your best employees are confident, skilled individuals who possess enough self-respect to place themselves in relationships with trust and respect. If those things are not present in their current workplace, they won’t stick around long. They’ll set off to find a team of people who treat them right.

_Telling your sales force that there is a "bonus" for meeting quarterly goals while capping their actual year end "bonus" money is dishonest and frankly unethical. You are a piece of garbage.

##Lack of Training

A Deloitte study found 75% of employees believe offering employee development programs incorporating training, education, and mentorship help achieve a sense of important purpose at a company.

If you aren’t providing the training new hires need to adjust and current employees need to grow, it will cause more stress on your best employees who carry the majority of the weight. Take the time to access growth opportunities among your current employees. Pair employees with mentors to help them learn new skills. Keep an eye out for free or low-cost local seminars or webinars your employees can attend to learn valuable skills they can apply to your company.

_You've hired a robust amount of sales people since last spring and haven't even properly trained them. And you expect them to hit quota? Your business model and professionalism is garbage. This isn't a pick up game, it's a business.

##No Visible Career Path

If your employees can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, they might feel stuck. Research by Catalyst cites “individual’s perception of limited opportunities” as a top reason for an employee leaving a company. Usually ambitious, your best employees might have big career goals they’re hoping their star performance at your company will help them reach.

_Would anyone want to work for a company that continues to overlook talent for well known shmucks that were either a friend of yours or at the right place at the right time? You guys are a joke.

With all of this being said, you've taken food off of my wife and children's plate. Expect to receive to the same return on investment. Your sales force is THE driving factor behind new business and you've decided to bite the hand that literally feeds you. You don't need to subscribe to Forbes to realize that you are out of your element Mr. Dover.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I seriously wouldn't stress. They've demoralized the sales force and if you haven't noticed, we're biting back. GR and NF can play games with compensation but they will get theirs back 100 fold.

Did someone forget who sells their product? You under pay a Dover staff expecting miracles while trying to short change the very people who push your shitty product day in and day out. Reality is a MF'er. You're nothing more than a Syk washout who will always be a Syk washout.

Enjoy your quarterly thermometer... ;0

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hysterical posts. GR may have actual sales experience on his resume...he'll be the first to remind you of how he killed it in the Ohio River valley. But NF is a finance guy, who fell into an Ops role that's really a half baked GM. He doesn't know $hit about sales force motivation, let alone managing a product development and manufacturing center. Does he know what the sales teams actually think of him? Yeah, it's Cleveland.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So how long before they shut surgical down? Your right NF has no clue. Just a head figure. We all know it's coming, we just don't know when?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We heard a rumor a while back that they were moving closer to cleveland? Rumor still true? Already outsourcing many product lines.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How's everyone liking the new commission rate from Surgical? Someone should have told GR it would have been quicker and less painless if he just shot himself in the head. Time to stop selling Surgical, Boys and Girls..........

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ9HeJ-RDKI

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL The only thing that would've made that better is if had been a white Audi.......... Some of you guys get it... lol

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard GR is under investigation for the treatment and mis-handling of a couple of previous situations revolving around a "federally protected" segment of our workforce. Sounds like quite a few people are blowing the whistle. WOW

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is federally protected? Someone handicapped?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More likely talking about the union there...which is the reason they want out of Dover

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Union. Has been there for 55 years. There has never been labor issues or work stoppages. You need no one to look at but management or should I say the lack there of. Truly no one is in charge. This is the worst I have ever seen it run. No integrity, No responsibility, No loyality, No recognition equals poor management!