ZB Surgical

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, May 15, 2016 at 11:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the person who thinks dover is going down because of the union. Here this. They want 33 Union workers to go to warsaw,and work in distribution for 5 months. Sounds like they like that Union labor. Lots of perks and bonus to go.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who really cares about ZB Surgical? Seriously. They came out with one good product. A tourniquet. Every one of their other products is a chop shop version of Stryker. Even their new CTC product is a poorly constructed version of Covidien's machine.

Their R&D division is outfitted with Elmer's Glue, construction paper, crayons and glitter.If the joints division has a good quarter then Surgical is given a bottle of bubbles to play with for the day. If you've ever been to your child's kindergarten class during creativity hour then you have just witnessed Zimmer Biomet Surgical coming up with a new product.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The deal fell thru, too many legal issues with union coming to warsaw. I do agree with nothing new coming out of surgical .....just the same old widget with a sometimes slight variations. We have more r &d and engineers since our beginning. With no results. My take too many lawyers. Clearly management has lost their grip. There is absolutely no sense of control. The icing on the cake was the merger, more problems than we already had. Getting bigger isn't always better. We are too big for our britches. The house of cards will begin to crumble and soon.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's be honest. GR, NF, and DD are only here to meet the needs of shareholders. The problem is, they screwed over their salesforce via backorders and various shortcomings. In order to appease their sales force they gave them a 1.5% bump on commission rates.

They actually penalized one of their growth leaders (Surgical) at the same time via a new comp plan. You take from one producer to give to another loser ? I don't mind you giving to Joints because you screwed them and messed with their income. But you come to Surgical and reduce our shitty income to subsidize for your shortcomings? F you.

On top of that you push this "wall street" driven quarterly incentive bonus which is nothing more than you holding our money hostage to shore up your bottom line. F you DD, F you GR, and F you NR. I hope every one of you gets ball cancer. Send me your daily thermometer so I can keep laughing. You're going to experience a mass exodus of sales reps this year and you deserve every last minute of it.

With all do respect to the above mentioned parties, eat a fucking dick.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your profanity laced comments really make your point! You may be perfectly correct in your comments, but your unprofessional and juvenile way of expressing yourself bring no credit to your opinions. Go ahead and quit, I am sure you won't be missed.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who got 1.5% bump?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think Biologics, Trauma, Extremities, and Sports. I don't think they would receive an increase on surgical products but that's anyone's guess. That would be painful to hear if so. Changes are like seasons. I know a lot of us are frustrated for the time being but hopeful that management will realize we simply don't operate in an environment that is quarterly driven.

Many organizations have made alterations to pay plans with unintended consequences that required them to reevaluate after a year. This is most likely what will happen in 2018. It's just going to be a rough ride until then.

Cheers

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reading some of the recent entries on this board can be relatable and frustrating. Anytime money is involved there is going to be emotion involved. I can't speak for others but I've experienced that first hand this year in having to tell my wife that we are going to have to make changes financially which will inherently affect my children and their quality of life.

As a result, I personally don't feel the need to chastise those who are seemingly volatile in their response to our current predicament. As I stated before, anytime money is involved emotions are likely to follow. As I reflect on my decision to join Z Surgical I think back on my reason for the change. There was an opportunity to compete against a well known competitor for a premium. If I can make an impact then I would be compensated accordingly.

It pains every fiber in my core to know that I'm paid pennies on the dollar compared to employees of the "Giant" I battle everyday. But in all honesty, it is my fault if I choose to stay. I truly hope changes are on the horizon as I hold no animosity towards management or their need to cut spending. However, I believe their gains will not outweigh their losses.

Walk tall and keep your chin up. It's a difficult time for us all but competitors will adapt and overcome.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

quit, quit, quit. life is way better on the other side, i promise.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's been pretty quiet on here. I can't believe no one is saying anything about the last acquisition LDR at a whopping billion dollars! How many companies can we take on and still run efficiently. Management is already stretched to the limit and we already have numerous problems. Honestly people are just on automatic pilot, just waiting for it all to blow up! At what point do we go back to our core value of caring for the people who we make our products for, instead of worrying about our stockholders! It's pretty simple, if you care about the products we are making then you won't have to focus on the stockholders because it will take care of them by our responsibility and integrity to keeping our products new and improved in the marketplace. I have seen many different management styles over the years and this is the worst I have seen the company run. There really is no sense of anyone being in charge. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Sad to see it all happening. Hard for anyone in this company to follow .........when your not being lead!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't that the truth

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what's funny is this:

I just got the voting proxy for ZBH Board.

I just left, you damn straight I'm voting for Dvorak and all those other complete losers. The big institutional shareholders always do the same. You guys will be stuck with this crew that is methodically destroying the company.

Time to short those stocks, you are in for a turbulent ride.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I may be new to this company but does anyone else feel like we are cannibalizing existing business revenue to appear profitable when it's only going to cut our legs beneath us in two years? How is what we are doing even legal???????

What happens when someone who actually understands economics and accounting principles dives into our books and realizes what we've been doing here? (AKA cooking the books) Whoever came up with "Monetized Placements" should be incarcerated. Does anyone have a whistle for the SEC?

Is it legal to charge your salesforce bank fees to conduct business? This has to be one of the most unethical and shady organizations I've ever worked for entirely.

I'm pretty sure this division is a Jordan Belfort spinoff. Buyer beware.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How's things at Surgical these days...?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely no leadership. On a wing and a prayer. Time will tell.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how's the new comp plan? everyday pumped for the meeting? I know I am! sucks we're not at the 9 though

18. Boston745

Boston745 Guest

Soon you will have si3n4 my friend, soon.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they going to make the power handpieces out of it? This is for surgical douche- not recon or spine.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

man that was a great meeting

I noticed we copied the loser breakfast idea from the other guys but they still make more, probably

anyway who are we acquiring next?