Zimmer Biomet culture??

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of all I am not employed by ZB, but am a significant share holder. From this blog, talking with ZB employees, reading analyst reports, etc. I have watched both Zimmer and Biomet disinigrate culturally over the last two years. This board is full of nothing but complaints, threats and problems. They concern distributor issues, product recalls, cutting commissions, management incompetence, product quality, no products being shipped and a general malaise about the state of the newly formed Zimmer Biomet. I am sure all are valid issues and need to be discussed. It is also understood that an Internet blog usually isn't a forum for praise, but surely it can also be a vehicle to express and solve problems.

So what is wrong? Many separate problems can be addressed, discussed and hopefully solved. However, it appears that the leadership...and by that I mean senior and middle corporate management, field managers, distributors and each and every person wherever they are in the organization are not addressing serious issues and enacting change. Everyone has an interest and a responsibility for letting things get out of control. Surely Senior Management can see these problems, but what do they do to instill a positive culture? Distributors live with field and rep problems, but do you encourage and support your reps and office personnel to achieve greatness? And all other employees, in the corporate office or in the field...do you present a positive attitude that presents the company in the best light.

It appears this negative culture has been the "standard" for many years and the merger 2 years ago apparently hasn't had any effect on changing this attitude. What a shame that such a major business event, the merger of two great companies, couldn't have become the catalyst to establish a singular, great company. You are not only the largest in orthopedics but should be the example of business success.

These comments are made with the understanding that solving difficult problems is easy. But there are plenty of people from the top to the bottom who do have the authority, the responsibility and the motivation to examine what is wrong and make any necessary changes to the culture, products, organization, etc. to be the company you deserve to be.

ZB produces and sells great products...but you are not behaving like a great company.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bitching to CP about you making shitty investment decisions is one of the funniest things in awhile on this forum. Nobody cares what you think here, keep pissing into the wind.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I think this precisely describes the problem. No attempt to discuss issues, just another trashing on the Internet. Thanks for your thoughtful comment.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think this is about the stock price or investment in ZimmerBiomet. Actually, the stock is not doing too bad. Its about how messed up the company has become.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a multi-decade veteran in the company, my presidents club ring is full, and I would leave tomorrow if it wasn't for the relationships I enjoy with my customers.

Running all over God's creation to make a case happen tomorrow because our inventory is being manipulated to boost the stock price is unconscionable . David Dvorak has done a wonderful job boosting the stock price, but is not a leader of a sales organization. I contend that the stock price takes care of itself would you know how to take care of sales. The rudderless nature of things it's costing us sales and we are unfortunately having to make up for it in other areas via inventory, DI charges and aquisitions....,all smoke and mirrors.

As ASP continues to plummet, there is going to be a need for some real outside the box thinking to take advantage of it.... I don't think he is capable of that, but I am hopeful that those who report to him will get it .

I think you nailed it, we have the best bag in the industry yet nature hates a vacuum. It's a real shame as this company has lost some major, major, major talent over the last five years and it was completely unnecessary. Would love to see a former rep in the field as the head of this company, that would change everything .

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#5: That is exactly the point. If you've been around for years, we probably know each other. I've been on the inside for years and I can tell you the frustration is equal if not more from those of us who have dedicated our career to building this business and MOST importantly....supporting the sales force.

You are right, many good and talented people have left over the years..some by their own making and some because they spoke out and were systamatically eliminated for their dedication, age, salary level or whatever the reason. The point is they are gone, many to much better jobs, but to the detriment of both Zimmer and Biomet. It's just a travesty that things have gotten to this point. Wake up current managers, inside or in the field....either you take the responsibility to make changes or you will join the ranks of "former employees".

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't the President of Sales resign a few months ago? That's pretty telling.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avp's are a joke! especially in the Northeast. Middle management has no clue. Delp is a nice guy but not a leader for this company. DD is just a wall street puppet just cashing in on everyone else's efforts. He needs to go.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some AVPs may be "jokes", but that's not the case with the Northeast. The guy is interested and supportive. Getting on this site and anonymously hurling BS around accomplishes nothing. Grow up.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Interested" & "supportive" doesn't cut it brother, look at how ZBH market share here continues to slide.
    Let me pin a "participation" ribbon on you or give you a trophy for trying really hard.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Northeast is in shambles, no competent RM, no competent AVP across all divisions. Spine doing well but could be even stronger, Recon is losing cases and Trauma is a non factor. Trauma missed an opportunity to grow fast. Synthes is in shambles, but Stryker reaping all the benefits of that.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree. Everywhere is hurting and northeast is one of a few regions hanging in. Trauma rm is a worker as is our shoulder guy Our rvp guy is one of a few at corporate who answers our calls and helps us out whenever it is needed. Answered my call and got an implant for me on a Saturday morning so your way off You can't blame middle management for supply issues. We had some interesting characters up here over the years but the current rvp is the only one I have trusted. Heck the guy calls all of us reps team members which is something former ones could never even comprehend. So go back and sell for some little crap company and get over leaving zimmer

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Implant on a Saturday, lol. You have lowered your expectations to bare minimums. Your defense is pathetic in wake of the reality of the situation.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Borrowed from business author KIRK KAZANJIAN:
    Broaden your customer base by acquisition: Thought it was good idea but we cannibalized and it failed.

Pay the right price (for aquisition): completely overpaid for Biomet on some accounts up to 60% overcharge.

Get your team onboard (for acquisition): again, failed miserably except for the ones that made bonuses for hitting target milestones in allotted time periods.

Share your plans broadly (for acquisition): acting like this was top secret while everyone knew what was going on, just plain embarrassing.

Integrate cautiously: obviously not done, at all.

Protect the culture: still laughing as there is no culture now except greed and CYO tactics. Whole industry is aware of this.

Take advantage of synergies: like Biomet’s manufacturing and quality standards (errrr, lack thereof). Or collective intelligence (oops, everyone that had any type of intelligence is long, long gone). OK, we do have a pretty sweet inventory/ordering/Case App.

Able to find at least one positive. Everything else is a serious fail.

Take the couple of decent Biomet products, go ahead and divest the rest along with the personnel that were brought in. Well there might be a couple of Biomet people that are OK, but I’m pretty sure I can count them on my fingers and toes. Write down as much as possible as a loss and try to rebuild. A purge of the Biomet personnel is still in order and it is not too late to do this to at least try to make a comeback. Start at corporate, then go to the distributors and sales people. It is never too late to make a comeback but the longer the wait the steeper that hill gets.

This company’s aquisition of Biomet will be sure to make it in many B-School’s curriculums as what not to do. A true case study of inept leaders fueled by short term greed.

It is what it is but it can start to be corrected. Let the purge begin!

15. Florin

Florin Guest

Interesting opinions, beautiful people with character!
    Hello! My name is Florin. I am from Romania.
    I saw a job announcement at ZB, namely "Regulatory Affairs / Quality and Tenders Coordinator".
    It's stupid, because you either deal with RA / QA or you deal with tenders, but in no case can you do so many things at once.
    It is also said that "Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus".
    Well, experience in medical devices in this position is mandatory and not a plus. Instead, it states that "Minimum of 2 years' experience in public tenders."
    This confirms the greed and stupidity of ZB's top management, which is what some veterans who have worked (or still work in this company) have said.
    So in turn I say "bye" to my intention to apply for the posted job.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well “florian” we’ll miss out on your excellent leadership skills.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahHha

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronic gonna fill that position anyways.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we can only hope...when?